Spiderman 2 - Page 2 of 3

I agree that the second movie was better than - Page 2 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2004 - 10:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
The story continues... what is your review?
18th Jul, 2004 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Spiderman 2 - Page 2

I would really like to see KingPin's character in the movie versions, but I guess it would be very complicated to incorporate his character within the time constraints of a traditional movie script. I do like the alter-ego Spiderman character, he would be great to see one of the followup movies. I can't remember his name either tongue.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2004 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Spiderman 2
A Friend

Spiderman

Saw it about a week ago, great flick. I think I liked it better than the 1st one. I've never been a big comic book fan so I'm not familiar with the villans but I was impressed with the movie. We'll probably buy it when it comes out in video.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2004 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Spiderman 2
A Friend

Spiderman 2 Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

i really liked the second one...though the first one was also an awesome movie. the visual effects and sound effects were awesome! as for villians, kingpin and venom would be a plus in the upcoming movies (if they go that far...maybe it'll be like star wars where they go on forever?). heh...

26th Jul, 2004 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Spiderman

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I've become a pretty big Spidey-Fan, and it was actually the first movie that made me a fan. Since then I've become a fan of the Spidey mythos in general, including the comics and the games and so on.

I saw Spider-Man 2 only two days after it opened, and I think it complements the first movie perfectly. Together they make a great superhero adventure, like a filmed version of the comic-book.

Tobey Maguire could have been born to play the role of nerdy Peter Parker, and sums up (almost) perfectly the balance between the angst of Peter and the heroism of Spider-Man. I say almost because I feel (in both movies) that Spider-Man doesn't quite wisecrack as much as he does in the comics - if they'd integrated that more into the movie Spider-Man's personality they'd have had a more complete character, I feel.

Also, a lot of pre-existing fans were upset at director Sam Raimi for allowing Spider-Man to have biological webbing; this never bothered me. Not knowing when I first saw the movie that Peter designed his own webbing and shooters I thought that it was logical and made sense for a kid with the powers of a spider to be able to release webbing.

The rest of the cast (especially the wonderful JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson) were exceptional, with Kirsten Dunst showing she can play a part-within-a-part and James Franco's Harry Osborn descending into madness that we'll probably see paid off in the third movie if indeed he becomes Green Goblin #2 as shown in the comics.

Bring on Spidey 3!

27th Jul, 2004 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Spiderman

Great review Paul, I loved the movie too. Actually I thought that it was a pretty 'emotional' movie with a very 'emotional' Spider-man. I liked the fact that they try to show the superhero how he really feels inside and the financial struggles he goes through and the love he feels in helping people....the last scene when he leaves and she stays, by looking at her face, she doesn't seem quiet happy about it, don't you think?.

27th Jul, 2004 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Spiderman 2

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 26-Jul 04, 8:14 PM)
the last scene when he leaves and she stays, by looking at her face, she doesn't seem quiet happy about it, don't you think?

To be honest with you, LDS, I can't really comment on that because I didn't really notice MJ's expression when Spider-Man left at the end of the movie. Having said that, based on the comic-book relationship between Peter and MJ, she loves him, they're married, and although she understands and accepts that he's Spider-Man and will always be Spider-Man, she always worries when he's out doing whatever a spider can.

Assuming the movie series will stay true to the comics with Peter and MJ's relationship, I'd say that the look on her face could simply have signified worry, or unease. She's just commited to a man who's going to worry her every night of her life just by being who he is. While it won't be enough to make her leave him, it would be enough to make anyone uneasy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jul, 2004 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Spiderman 2 - Page 2

I really didn't want to go to this movie, especially not on the first weekend. Paul talked me into it and I am so glad he did. It was totally awesome and very fast paced. I felt so sorry for Peter Parker in his struggle with being Spider-Man and just being normal. My favorite scene is in the diner when MJ asks Peter to kiss her and as he leans forward he realizes a car is rushing toward them. The effects look so real, you begin to believe he really is a Spiderman. I can't wait to get the movie on DVD.

3rd Nov, 2004 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Spiderman 2 Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 2

I agree that the second movie was better than the first. Plot and character-wise. What I didn't like about it, though, is the recurring theme of the super heroes becoming superheroes only because of accidents or experiments. Peter was bitten and became Spiderman, and the two villains in 1 and 2 have failed in their experiments. It makes you feel that Peter is not such a special boy to have turned Spiderman. Just by luck...

Reconcile Edited: Smudge on 3rd Nov, 2004 - 10:03pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Spiderman 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,