Frogs 101 - Page 3 of 4

Traffic noise stresses out frogs, but some - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2018 - 8:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Do you keep them as pets or eat their legs instead?
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2004 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Frogs 101 - Page 3

Personally, I find frogs and toads to be fascinating creatures. To watch them develop from eggs to tadpoles, then adults amazes me still. I grew up playing with them, and had to dissect one in jr. high. I wasn't crazy about that, but got an extra credit A for being the only one in my class who removed its' brain without damaging it.

In high school I worked in a seafood restaraunt which served frog legs. I reluctantly tried one just for the experience. And yes, they do taste similar to chicken, but I don't think I'll ever eat them again.

For the past several years my interest in frogs and toads is more ecologically based. Amphibians are excellent indicators of the health of one's environment since they are the first to be recognized as being adversely affected by pesticides, toxins, and other pollution. I especially focus on the babies, inspecting them for telltale signs such as deformities of limbs and toes.

Even if one detests these creatures, please give them due respect. They do eat tons of bugs!!! wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2004 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Frogs

When I was a kid my brother and I used to catch tadpoles and use them for fish bait. I never really thought, back then, about it being cruel. Then when I was in high school we had to dissect a live frog. I got sick and had to go home, my teacher said I didn't have to dissect it if I didn't want to, that I could just write a report on frogs for my grade. I've always thought that frogs were kind of cute. Yes I have eaten frog legs and loved them, but they are way to expensive to get. One of my good friends, Dolores, is afraid of frogs I always thought she was unique, until now. I guess everyone is afraid of something, hey I'm afraid of grasshoppers, but that's another story. biggrin.gif

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Frogs 101 UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Haha, I love frogs. I caught around 30 once when I went camping. Then a huge toad came over and jumped on a little one. It's leg fell off o_O

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Page 3 Frogs

I hate frogs. Well, let me re-phrase that... I hate African Water frogs. They are frogs that have to stay under water all the time. If you don't clean their tank once a week, it will stink realy bad. My sister, who owns them, forgets to clean their tank, and the horible smell is everywhere. Well maybe I'm exagerating(<--Spelling?) a little, but it does stink...

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Frogs

bummer man...

i personally enjoy catching frogs and keeping them for a while, then letting them go cuz i don't want to accidentally kill them off ya know?? i love them and i love to just play around with them...ya know, get them to dance for me or have a couple of friends along with me to have a play for frogs...ok, now you all think i'm a wacko, umm...i'll stop talking now.

heh

cool.gif

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Frogs 101

Frogs have unique ability to see color in the dark

The night vision of frogs and toads appears to be superior to that of all other animals. They have the ability to see color even when it is so dark that humans are not able to see anything at all, shows a new study. Ref. Source 4r.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2017 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101 - Page 3

Dinosaurs' loss was frogs' gain: The upside of a mass extinction. Based on earlier studies, biologists believed that the vast majority of today's frogs originated in a blossoming of new species 100 million years ago. New and more complete genetic data pinpoints this radiation much earlier: 66 million years ago at the Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary, precisely when much of life on Earth was wiped out by a comet or asteroid. Frogs took advantage of flourishing angiosperms to escape to the treetops into many more ecological niches. Source 2c.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2018 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101 Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

Traffic noise stresses out frogs, but some have adapted. A new study reveals the negative effects of traffic noise on frogs and how some frogs have adapted. Traffic noise is stressful to frogs and impairs the production of skin peptides that defend against pathogens like chytrid fungus. Frogs from ponds near noisy highways show a dampened stress response and altered immune profile when exposed to noise compared to frogs from quiet ponds, suggesting they have adapted to reduce the negative effects of traffic noise. Source 9b.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Frogs 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,