Frogs 101 - Page 2 of 4

I'm glad to see someone other than - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 11th Jul, 2004 - 2:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Do you keep them as pets or eat their legs instead?
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2004 - 6:05am / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Frogs 101 - Page 2

We played Scavenger's Hunt at school a few weeks ago at school during camp, and one of the items on the list was a live frog... So all of us went around at 9pm trying to catch a frog out of the eco-pond.

Frogs are cute. But yes, I do eat frogs... But not so often. I'd rather have chicken. My logic still stands at the fact that I didn't kill it... So yes. biggrin.gif Fine.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jul, 2004 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Frogs

My daughter and I have caught and kept frogs for a few days in a jar (with proper water, grass, and bugs, of course) just to observe them. But we always let them go back where we found them. We have quite a few in this new neighborhood for some reason -- the get a little bigger than golf balls but not as big as tennis balls. One even came into the house by itself! Yeah, they are cute, but I wouldn't want to eat one!!

Roz

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Frogs 101 UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I live by the Ottawa river, and there are many frogs that live-up the night with their "singing??"lack of a better word. But compared to when I was a kid the numbers have decreased substantially.

I remember when I was about 9-10, one of our neighbours, the whole family come to think about it, would fish frogs to sell them to French and Up scale restaurants.

We rarely see frogs legs on the menu these days in my area of the country. I wonder if they are still popular else where?

I must admit I tried frog legs once, I think I was trying to impress a girlfriend. after the meal I felt terrible, all I could think about was all those frogs in my neighbours wooden barils

P.S. the spell check reads neighbour with no u, which I imagine it is the American spelling?

Reconcile Edited: MrB on 5th Jul, 2004 - 7:11pm

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2004 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Page 2 Frogs

The only time I have ever bothered with frogs was when I was camping out and I would catch them to use as bait to fish with. I always caught more trout with chunks of frog for bait tongue.gif .

6th Jul, 2004 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Frogs

Ewwwwe Agene, how gross! How could you cut up cute little frogs like that!?!? I always used worms. Maybe that is why I never caught anything.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2004 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101
A Friend

Frogs 101

How could you cut up cute little frogs like that!?!?
No matter how you look at them, they ain't cute spock.gif

It was easy, after cutting them up in science class and smelling that horrible formaldehyde!! , doing it fresh was a breeze. I could never get the hang of impaling live worms tongue.gif Though I used to raise nightcrawlers and sell them to my brother and all of his friends for bait biggrin.gif

Another thing that is great bait, and thus probably illegal, is using the guts from the fish. I have always cleaned and gutted my fish right then and there.[either bury it or toss it in the fire when you are through fishing] When I got tired of chasing down frogs, I used the guts from the fish I cleaned.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jul, 2004 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

Frogs 101 - Page 2

i agree with malexander...i am EXTREMELY afraid/disgusted with frogs. They are BY FAR my least liked animal. Im not even against cockroaches or snakes or spiders...or any other generally disliked animals...but frogs?...no way!

Im not exaggerating..the day i am left in a room alone with a frog..i will have some sort of breakdown...so lets hope it never happens tongue.gif

I dont know where this fear/distaste for frogs come from...but the funny part is that my name actually means "frog" in two different languages....talk about ironic!!

P.S my parents werent trying to play a sick joke on me...they didnt actually know at the time about the meaning in both languages. wink.gif

Reconcile Edited: cookie on 11th Jul, 2004 - 5:11am

11th Jul, 2004 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Frogs 101 Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I'm glad to see someone other than myself has such a fear for frogs. It figures it was going to be someone from Trinidad. The frogs there are mutants!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Frogs 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,