Copa America 2004 - Page 3 of 4

I am surprised that Uraguay gave them such - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2004 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
The oldest National Teams tournament in the World, the Copa America was created in 1916, when Argentina decided to organize a soccer tournament to celebrate the first centennial of its independence.
19th Jul, 2004 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Copa America 2004 - Page 3

Uruguay 3 - Paraguay 1

Paraguay started the scoring for this one, but Uruguay was able to level the score on a penalty kick in the 40th minute. Then with 10 men due to a red card, Uruguay was able to go against the advantage and score 2 more goals to advance to the semifinals. Great game and good show of guts by the Uruguay team.

Brazil 4 - Mexico 0

In what should have been a closer match, the Brazilians ran away with the match advancing to the Copa America semifinals. The scoring started with a penalty kick in the 27th minute. This seemed to take the wind out of Mexico who were dominated by the Samba men. Adriano scored 2 quick goals in the span of 13 minutes in the second half and Olivieira scored the 4th off a nifty back heel pass from Adriano.

The semifinals are now set:

Uruguay vs Brazil
Argentina vs Colombia

Two of CONMEBOL's superpowers are left, along with the last Copa America champions, Colombia, still alive. Makes for great football!

Sponsored Links:
19th Jul, 2004 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

America Copa

What an interesting match up and an upset with Mexico, I guess they are not all that good as predicted - I am guessing it is going to be an Argentina vs. Brasil showdown - which is all the better for me.

Offtopic but,
LDS, you should call TV6 and see if they will at least broadcast the final match?

19th Jul, 2004 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Copa America 2004 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have to make a correction to the matchups. They will be as follows:

Argentina vs Colombia
Brazil vs Uruguay

The Argentina - Brazil final is still a possibility anyways, which is what I believe will happen. I hope you guys get to see the Final, it should be a good one.

21st Jul, 2004 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Page 3 America Copa

According to: Rodolfo Rodrigues,

Today, Argentina and Colombia open the semifinals of Copa America with a berth in the finals of the competition at stake. The match is scheduled for 7:45 pm local time, at the Nacional de Lima stadium, and the teams will do battle to see who will be the first finalist of the 41st Edition of the South American tournament. Argentina, who haven¿t won a Copa America since 1993, want to confirm their fine run of form by reaching their first final since then. Colombia, unbeaten champions in 2001, fight for unprecedented back-to-back titles.
Ref. https://global.terra.com/copaamericaperu200...es/index2_i.htm

Offtopic but,
It looks good, thanks for the correction. I doubt the final will be shown here, they did not even announce the semi-final. The last time T&T was involved in this area was years ago, now they can berely breathe let alone play with Central and South American countries.

21st Jul, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

America Copa

Argentina 3 - Colombia 0

Argentina played a fantastic game and we are in the finals!!!!!! biggrin.gif I'm so happy, we will play Sunday with the winner of Brazil-Uruguay.

21st Jul, 2004 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Copa America 2004

Sounds like it was a good game, unfortunately I missed it due to being busy with other stuff. The Brazil - Uruguay game is on a station that we dont get here so I wont be able to see that one either, bummer. I do hope Brazil advances so we can see a real rivalry for the finals. Congrats to Argentina for making it this far!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jul, 2004 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Copa America 2004 - Page 3

Brazil 1 - Uruguay 1
Brazil wins 5-3 on penalties.

Well the grudge match has been set for the finals: Argentina vs Brazil.
I can't wait!!!

22nd Jul, 2004 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Copa America 2004 Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

I am surprised that Uraguay gave them such a run for their money, too bad, it would be good to see another upset, but yes, Argentina vs. Brasil, can you imagine how everyone in both countries will be glued to their television sets?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Copa America 2004

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,