100 Year Old Breaks 100m Record

100 Year Breaks 100m Record - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Nov, 2004 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Jul, 2004 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (Reuters) -- South African Philip Rabinowitz became the world's fastest 100-year-old on Saturday, slashing more than five seconds off the record for the 100 meter sprint for centenarians.

"Oh, I feel wonderful now, absolutely wonderful," Rabinowitz said after finishing in a time of 30.86 seconds and breaking the previous mark of 36.19 set by Austrian Erwin Jaskulski

This is an absolutely amazing achievement to not only live to be 100 years old but also be able to race in a 100m race under a minute!

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2004 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Record m Breaks Year

I saw this on TV sometime ago, didn't they say in the end that the time could not be made official because there was a problem with the clock? In any case he is an example of being up and about and not in bed and sick.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2004 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

100 Year Old Breaks 100m Record Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Sounds like my Causin, he is in his late 70's and just the other day road his bike 80 miles! Plus, probably not a year ago, he broke his leg falling down some stairs(He was wearing some sandels that were to big for him). He says that he feals better than he did in his 60's.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2004 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Record m Breaks Year

Well, 30.86 seconds. I can beat that and I'm not even 100 yet. Imagine how much faster i can do it when I reach 100.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2004 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Record m Breaks Year

Quite an achievement. Reminds me of one sportsman of our country. His name is Leon Štukelj (passed away at age of 100 just few days before 101st Birthday.) He was an olympic gymnastics champion on several tools. He lived in my birthtown and we could see him running almost every day in the city park. Even at his old age he could still do a lot of things that you wouldn't expect.

One statement he made :

»My recipe how to live to be a 100 is no secret: a life without cigarettes; moderation in food and alcohol; daily exercise and sufficient sleep,«

It seems people who are old and take good care of their body and soul can do "miracles".

> TOPIC: 100 Year Old Breaks 100m Record

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,