Your Avatar - Page 2 of 3

Changing Available Avatars Soon we will be - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 21st Apr, 2016 - 3:24pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 21 88 Why Join Help
+  1 2 3 
Top  Your Avatar
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Stunts
Your Avatar
A Friend

Your Avatar - Page 2

I am mixed on this. I like seeing others so I can get a feel for them when reading their posts, but I also like the cool avatars that can be used that aren't pictures of us.

I think you can get a sense of the person by the picture, but it might not be the right sense. So, it is better to use a generic avatar at first. After everyone had an opinion, then maybe change to your picture. But, I think I will keep the one I am using now.

Post Date: 17th May, 2005 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 445
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 19

I really wouldn't like to see my picture as an avatar. Not that I don't like the way I look or that I'm afraid of others opinion about my looks, but I wouldn't feel comfortable to look at my picture while I'm posting. I'm very happy with the avatar I have now and I don't have any intention to change it. :D

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,962
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,542.90 FP
Charm: 338

Your Avatar Feedback & FAQ News Community

Why does looking at your own picture make you feel uncomfortable?

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 1,048
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 7.2%
Charm: 69

Page 2 Avatar Your

Doesn't really bother me at all JB. Looking at my own picture may be depressing at times lol but I wouldn't say uncomfortable. If I ever get around to taking a half way recent picture of myself I am planning to have it put on here. Maybe I can get one during Christmas.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Bwren, that is good, I am glad you have decided to go with it, and remember your upgrade entitles you to a custom avatar, so send it over to me with instructions.

As for me, my avatar really does not serve as a distraction, but rather as a point of location, it seems to immediately identify a thread without having to look at a text name. Additionally, I have changed my avatar to be more 'normal' rather than the Matrix look.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 246
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.4%
Charm: 22

Your Avatar

Attached Image QUOTE (JB @ 20-Dec 05, 8:49 PM)
As for me, my avatar really does not serve as a distraction, but rather as a point of location, it seems to immediately identify a thread without having to look at a text name.

That is what I like about the avatars too, and I also really enjoy seeing what people look like. I think it is not absolutely necessary, you can get to know them of course without seeing their picture, but it puts the discussion on a more personal level in my opinion.

I don't mind having myself stare back at me as my avatar, but maybe that is because I chose what I thought was a decent pic of me! :D Although I look different now because I got a haircut. But it is surely more me than the previous avatar I had before I got enough FP to put my pic on. I had toad and then the princess from Nintendo. While I did enjoy nintendo years ago, I no longer play video games.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 1,048
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 7.2%
Charm: 69

Page 2 Your Avatar

I have just recently changed my avatar to a current picture of myself that I actually like very much. My old one never bothered me however I do prefer my new one. I also believe that having a face to associate with the posts of others helps to put everything on a more personal level which is very nice.

Attached Image QUOTE (dimavo)
but maybe that is because I chose what I thought was a decent pic of me!

Decent? I would say really nice actually. It is a very beautiful picture of you. I am very glad that you chose to save up the FP to add your picture as your avatar.

I would encourage everyone (Coughing *Babyblues*) to put there picture as their avatar. It really does give each post just a little something extra.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2016 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Your Avatar - Page 2

Changing Available Avatars

Soon we will be doing some Avatar renovations by substituting older possibly copyrighted graphics that were once circulated in the public domain for Avatars that do not infringe on anyone's rights. This is in keeping with the site's attempt to make sure all graphics and intellectual property is: credited appropriately, permission secured, license obtained or unique to this site.

Guest please SHARE: "Your Avatar" on:

+  1 2 3 
Sponsored Links:

If Your Avatar is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Your Avatar

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Top 20 Posters

1. Daishain - 17 (19.32%)
2. Knightslay - 15 (17.05%)
3. Krusten - 13 (14.77%)
4. Kyrroeth - 7 (7.95%)
5. Hunter - 3 (3.41%)
6. Gknightbc - 3 (3.41%)
7. ROK Harker - 3 (3.41%)
8. Stacia - 3 (3.41%)
9. PaulNelson - 3 (3.41%)
10. Seath - 3 (3.41%)
Win 125 FP: If you are the Top Poster by 12am GMT (8pm Atlantic) then 125 FP will automatically be added to your account! Other Top Posters get 50 FP! To review or learn more about this feature See Details. To rant about Post count go here: Post Count Rants.
Auto Updated: Hourly.
Next check: 3 Hr(s). 59 Mins.
11. KNtoran - 3 (3.41%)
12. Susanshadow - 2 (2.27%)
13. Anronrosby - 2 (2.27%)
14. Cinder - 2 (2.27%)
15. Fatebringer - 1 (1.14%)
16. ICon - 1 (1.14%)
17. Aemiliana - 1 (1.14%)
18. JoePublic - 1 (1.14%)
19. Support - 1 (1.14%)
20. Redsopine - 1 (1.14%)

World Issues

China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 3rd Oct, 2018 - 5:02am
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Majicsun 19th Sep, 2018 - 1:23pm
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Stem 23rd Aug, 2018 - 8:29am
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm