What Video Game To Cross Over - Page 2 of 3

Lady Saoirse, I believe the tabletop version - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 12th Sep, 2012 - 6:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 
14th Jul, 2012 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

What Video Game To Cross Over - Page 2

international QUOTE (Play by Post)
For instance you could have the game like Age of Empires

Hey Play! I was thinking the exact same thing! I find Age of Empires could be a good plot for role-playing games!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2012 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

What Video Game To Cross Over
A Friend

Over Cross Game Video What

Richard Jordon's Wheel of Time series has excellent characters, plot lines, special abilities, final goal to achieve, as another example for input into your game.

15th Jul, 2012 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

What Video Game To Cross Over Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (Oliron)
Like have all your character statistics be kingdom related?

Well you said this was for D&D so you just play the characters as they are on a quest to other civilizations. I was thinking more of the game as a scenario rather than trying some conversion process.

international QUOTE (LadySaoirse)
You might complete some jobs in that kingdom but also see the 'wanted' poster in one kingdom for someone found in a later kingdom.

I think is the right idea when I thought about Age of Empires but hey its just a suggestion.

15th Jul, 2012 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Over Cross Game Video What

What if you were a soldier or mage or whatever. In the army of a high mage who has taken over the land.

Your stationed in a makeshift fort/camp just outside of a decent sized town. You are tasked with policing or winning the towns heart. As well as obtaining recourses, whatever that may be.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 15th Jul, 2012 - 6:41am

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2012 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Over Cross Game Video What

I am intrigued by RPG games but only have experience in video arena.

However, your idea about a good mage controlling an area and winning over the people sounds like a start.

I'm wondering though...doesn't there have to be a villain opposing the good mage? Or multiple 'bad guys' that must be eliminated before peace can reign?

The outposts you mentioned could be similar to different kingdoms or cultural areas of the world, if your good mage is going to be in charge of ? the world? or known world at least...as there could be unexplored areas discovered in the course of the storyline.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2012 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

LadySaoirse,

I am also interested in Role Playing games as well. However, I am not interested in fantasy role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons; I am interested in Sci-Fi. One game that caught my eye was Space:1889. It is set in an alternate Victorian era where we get the opportunities to fly into space. Also, since I live in China, it's hard to find people to play with. That's why this board is awesome, since it has a Sci-Fi RPG with it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2012 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Video Game Cross Over - Page 2

Hi corsava,

Some of my fantasy RPG's have futuristic settings and plots such as Final Fantasy VIII and Star Ocean.

Space:1889 sounds interesting, to be set in a Victorian era yet have the sci-fi aspects is a very creative idea for a game. Do you have modern weapons? Does the game involve special abilities you learn? What is the goal?

I tried to find Space:1889 - is it on this board or somewhere else on the internet?

I agree with you that this site offers something for everyone. I hope to have time to explore more of its many options in the future.

Sometimes when I'm very anxious or upset about something, I find video games are a pleasant way to distract myself and relax for a while. I play them with my grandson, too. It always surprises me how fast time goes by while playing them.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2012 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Video Game Cross Over Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Lady Saoirse,

I believe the tabletop version of the game is not being produced, however, there is an old video game version of it that I can help you set up if you wish.

From what I've glanced through a couple of adventure books, Space:1889 uses Victorian technology and setting with a few additions: Space travel and aliens on Mars. Like most tabletop role-playing games, I don't think there is an overarching goal, it's just enjoying the adventure.

I also agree that sometimes video games can be great stress relievers. Right now, I am enjoying Kerbal Space Program, a game where you launch rockets into space.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What Video Game To Cross Over

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,