Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? - Page 3 of 3

I don't know that it will be quite - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Jul, 2012 - 1:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
29th Dec, 2009 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? - Page 3

There is so much that has not been revealed concerning sexuality after resurrection, based primarily on the fact, I believe, that it is so misused here on Earth. I do not think there are many in the church who are ready for the facts of life, so to speak, when it come to Post Mortal Sex.

We are like a three years old who can handle a portion of the truth, but cannot or choose not to understand the fulness.

I would assume sexuality in Heaven is similar to the act here, but that it is more perfect and controlled (those who do not qualify for it cannot experience it or lose the ability to receive sexual release). I believe that there may be individuals who try to express themselves sexually outside of the marriage bond (in the telestial kingdom) but that they will be wholly unsatisfied. This is of course my opinion and is based on something I have read somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it at this moment.

I believe that the doctrine that there will be resurrected bodies telestial, terrestrial,and Celestial (1 Cor. 15: 40) hints at the fact that bodies will be given different capacities based on the type of bodies we receive. Therefore only those who are exalted to the highest level in the Celestial Kingdom will receive the capacity for sexual enjoyment. This is also why I do not believe(as was discussed in another thread) that we will have the opportunity to go from one Kingdom to another because out resurrected bodies reflect the Kingdom that we receive and as far as I know we are only resurrected once. I do not believe we evolve from not being able to have Sexual enjoyment in the Telestial and Terrestrial, to having the capacity to do so at a later date.

19th Nov, 2009 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

Heaven Sexuality Beliefs Mormon

Here's something to consider. Orson F. Whitney, Conference Report, April 1929, pp.110-111

international QUOTE
The Prophet Joseph Smith declared, and he never taught more comforting doctrine--that the eternal sealings of faithful parents and the divine promises made to them for valiant service in the cause of truth would save not only themselves but likewise their posterity.
      Though some of the sheep may wander, the eye of the Shepherd is upon them, and sooner or later they will feel the tentacles of divine providence reaching out after them and drawing them back to the fold.
      Either in this life or in the life to come, they will return.  They will have to pay their debt to justice, they will suffer for their sins, and may tread a thorny path, but if it leads them at last, like the penitent prodigal, to a loving and forgiving father's heart and home, the painful experience will not have been in vain.
      Pray for your careless and disobedient children; hold on to them with your faith.  Hope on, trust on, till you see the salvation of God.
      Who are these straying sheep--these wayward sons and daughters?  They are children of the covenant, heirs to the promise, and have received, if baptized, the gift of the Holy Ghost, which makes manifest the things of God.  Could all of that go for naught?

Do any of you have children? If you had 4 children and had to choose 2 to go to the celestial kingdom and 2 to go the telestial kingdom. How would you respond? I know that endless, and eternal are some of the names of God. Endless punishment could mean God's punishment for a certain period of time and not forever. We as faithful parents become saviors on mount zion for our posterity.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags as instructed here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. The Source of your Quote should also be provided. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

5th Jan, 2010 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I am only now getting time to check over this section and I have to ask what the above has to so with Sexuality In Heaven? Additionally, is that a quote or your own words?

8th Jul, 2012 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Heaven Sexuality Beliefs Mormon

I don't know that it will be quite the way we experience it here but maybe sexuality in heaven is different. Our love for each other will generate a feeling far greater than what the physical can produce.

+  1 2 3 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,