[camp] To Catch A Thief - Page 16 of 20

Well... I don't really mind trying - Page 16 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 29th Aug, 2004 - 4:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 20 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Closed
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2004 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] To Catch A Thief - Page 16

OOC: Opps. That was a bit of a mistake, ne? Oh well. sad.gif I sure hope we won't die from this. Alright, so the torches did make us stand out. However, I'd like to point out something, um, small. If they do attack us before we can get away, do we whip out our weapons? (We'll all probably die) Or do we try to negotiate? (There's a small chance we'll live) Let's just see how the game goes first, yes? smile.gif

Oh, and Ariadne, horses make a lot of noise, right? If they hear us, our position is completely given away. Not good... I'll wait in the shadows to see what will happen. Hopefully I will not be discovered. Shade, I think you can take care of yourself. Arthyr, Fuji, I sure hope your characters can manage. Fuji, maybe you should go with LDS_forever. No offense, but you're probably the least equipped to deal whatever comes next...

IC: Eissa looked around frantically. Not good, not good, oh crap... she started glancing around for any possible escape routes, a habit much more like instinct to her, hoping there would be someway out. Ariadne had her horse, others had her weapons, and she had her torch. Her extremely bright torch. At night.

With a hurried movement, she extinguished, or rather, put out the flame. She didn't care whether this worked or not, but she tried anyway. Her clothes were still all black, a practice which Eissa was suddenly very grateful for. Shade should be able to handle himself, she hoped, should she be forced to move off. As for the others...

Still hoping that her night vision was not too bad, she moved into the shadows of the nearest tree, letting them fall across her face. Pale skin stood out on a night like this, and by instinct, she pulled up the hood of her cloak. Only practice kept her silent, now, as she watched the events unfolding around her.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2004 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

Thief Catch camp

OOC: I'm in this to stay alive. At this rate I could care less about the possibility of profit. Forgive me, but I've gotta cover my butt here. I'll not have it risked further for any reason without my express permission. We need to regroup in a major way, and fast. First thing we need to do is all reach safety. The way things are now, anyone who stays in the forest is a fool, IMO. If anyone chooses to stay behind, have a nice afterlife.

IC: Airmed plunges the lit end of her torch into the soft earth until it is completely extinguished, then shoves what's left in her backpack. She wastes no time mounting Ariadne's fine horse. She hangs on for dear life, looking over her shoulder at the others to see if they follow on foot.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2004 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] To Catch A Thief RPG PBP Medieval World

Okay, I'm posting now, I hope its not too late, but I let time slip. Sorry I feal like I've been letting the party down since I first started as leader... I'll post what your characters said they would do, and me and aryther are going to try and follow silently on foot, Eissa should follow us.

Reconcile Edited: ShadowNinja on 27th Aug, 2004 - 8:33pm

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

Page 16 Thief Catch camp

I can only apologize for not having enough time to read, re-read, and read again all it takes to post to party order in an acceptable manner. Heaven knows I posted as often as I could, at least to the camp thread.

Minimum 75% participation?!? What is this- a hostage situation? Whatever... I'm a gabby broad... wink.gif

8 players is going to be the kicker, especially if they're as inexperienced as most of us. Sure, new RPGers sign up all the time, but few post even a half dozen messages before bailing. If we really want to get a good game going we're all going to have to take the time to visit the "Rate Us" page on a regular basis.

Another huge challenge is going to be finding an experienced and willing RPGer to act as party leader. I wish LDS could have headed this last scenario, but I understand and respect her reasons not to. And now that she's working... undecided.gif

I can't blame the GM for closing this scenario. He does everything here at Borde, including the RPGs. We play for free out of the kindness of his heart. If/when the next scenario starts, let's at least try to make it worth his time and energy. While we're at it, those of you who can afford to might consider making a small donation to this site. I'm sure that even $5 would be greatly appreciated.

Enough out of me for now. I want to hear from the rest of you. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Chris a/k/a fugi

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2004 - 6:13am / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

Thief Catch camp

Minimum 75% participation? Oh dear. That's going to be a little tricky for me, yes. I'll try, though, if I can. I don't blame the GM either. After all, some of the posts in the party order were, um, kind of unstructured. My apologies, also, to the group because I've been absent for quite long stretches at a go. undecided.gif

I agree with fuji about finding a good party leader. Perhaps we could convince one of the mods to come back? I don't really know. I do, however, have to admit that perhaps we were a bit slow in this. You know, posting every day and things like that. I'm seriously at fault there. Of course, if/when the next scenario starts I'll try to do my best there.

Again, my sincere apologies for perhaps not participating as much as I feel that I ought to have. Many apologies also to the GM, whom I feel has suffered much undue stress. smile.gif Shade, don't worry about letting the party down. I'm sure you tried your best, and that's what counts the most. Just a word of advise, though. Spellcheck is your friend.

I do hope that if we all do get back for another game, we'll be able to put in a good try at it. Eight players... if all of us here join in then we've got more than half. Hopefully we can post daily and such. Hugs to everyone else out there, and do have a good weekend. Do some fun stuff like going out and taking a bike ride! biggrin.gif

Much cheers,
Xepher

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2004 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] To Catch A Thief

Well you will be losing one player, namely me. I'll list me reasons for leaving...

1. In all my time playing these RPGs I never had real 'fun', sure there were a few times where I anticipated the GMs reply in the circus adventure, but those were usally dashed anyways. Its probably my fault I did'nt have fun, but what can I say? I don't do things I don't have fun with...

2. It was beginning to be a chore to post in party order. Before I logged in I would moan and say;"Whats the next thing that will happen to our group?" I don't think anything on the internet should be a chore, most of all an RPG. (Again, this is probably all my fault.)

3. Its beggining to look as if I will have to make a donation to keep going, not that thats a bad thing, but I'm saving my money, and this would be just another thing to spend it on, leaving me with small savings.

4. I can't spell, and the spell check doesent help. laugh.gif

5. I have my own RPG to take care of if it ever gets off its feet, so this would probably suffer (Time wise).

This post wasent intended to bash ANYONE, and I mean no wrong to the GM, I just wanted everyone to know why I'm not going to play. You can try to get me to re-decide on AIM or something, but I doubt it will work... >_><_<

My apologies to the group for letting them down all the time. Thats another reason I'm leaving...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Aug, 2004 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Catch Thief - Page 16

Wow, we really messed up undecided.gif . You know, I think we are lacking real imagination....we are too concerned about keeping our characters alive that we do not react in the game in the way we would really react if we were in that same situation, know what I mean?. Maybe we need to seriously think in every move and make sure that the answers make sense and are not stupid.... (yeah, like the bird sound Ariadne made rolleyes.gif ). Now since I cannot committ myself to be a leader for obvious reasons of time, then what we have left?. cry.gif

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2004 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] Catch Thief World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 16

Well... I don't really mind trying out for the post of party leader. However, time constraints and plenty of upcoming tests mean that my posting schedule is currently haywire. I'd like to say that I take risks, but I must admit that perhaps I'm not really that kind of person. Perhaps if the game starts again I'll volunteer for the post of... what do you call it? Second leader or something.

And Shade, don't feel discouraged or anything. You haven't let the group down, at least, I don't feel that you have. I'm sure that you can RPG well enough if you want do. Don't give up, that's not nice! smile.gif I'd like to see you continue. Incidentally, what I do to spell check my posts is to just copy and then paste them in Microsoft Word and let the spell check there work. I find that it's actually quite good.

Lastly, I'd just like to point out that if we have to make donations to play, I won't be able to. My parent's would never allow that (even posting here isn't really their cup of tea) so I'm afraid that if it comes to that then I'll have to leave. No offence indented.

+  « First of 20 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

> TOPIC: [camp] To Catch A Thief

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,