[camp] To Catch A Thief - Page 10 of 20

QUOTE (fugitive247 @ 18-Aug 04, 6:05 - Page 10 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 19th Aug, 2004 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 20 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] To Catch A Thief - Page 10

I like all your questions Fugi, so ask them all. =P

I too think we should take the patrol mission. I'm sure that only a few would attack at a time, though with five of us they might use more than usual. I think it would be easier for us to be alert, than to take on a bunch of thieves at the same time...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

Thief Catch camp

OOC: Yes, that would be a good idea. I've also got a few more questions we could ask... For example, is there a time limit to this? According to the first GM post, we get 1GM per day while we're at this, and that's quite a fair bit of money, considering the amount of people. Also, I think it would be advisable if we could find out if we are supposed to kill them or capture them. Do they have a leader or are they just a band of rogues? And also, looking at the monetary side of things, are there bounties for them? If there are, how much are they?

Incidentally, I suspect that the patrol mission may be dangerous. In a situation like that, we can only hope that only a few will attack at once, and in a situation like that, they will have the advantage of both terrain and surprise. If we take the other mission, then we have the advantage of surprise on our hands, and we can also plan. For example, I'm hoping that we can call on the people in the village to help us to apprehend the other thieves.

I do hope that we'll decide soon so that the party order can be posted quickly. smile.gif Let's all post more and make decisions quickly, yes?

IC: Eissa felt a jolt of nervousness course through her. These old men reminded her of the old men in the village she herself had grown up in. Every time she had faced them, it had always been because of some trivial matter, like pies being stolen and clean washing appearing in strange places that happened to be remarkably dirty. This felt like one of those times, the only difference being that they weren't scolding her. It felt rather strange, come to think of it.

But then, they'd started talking about the mission that she'd been somehow roped into (how exactly it had happened she wasn't very sure) and despite her rising flush, Eissa managed to notice the deliberate vagueness of their description. Questions started popping up in her mind, and only she knew how she actually managed to keep her mouth shut and not interrupt them midway. It was probably memories of being belted that did it.

Once they finished, Eissa started to fidget. She felt warm, and entirely uncomfortable. People talking about her own profession (not thievery, she’d say, a way of life) like that always had made her uncomfortable. And besides, she assumed that she could ask questions. Ariadne had already asked something, though, and she decided that it may have been wiser to shut up rather than to add more questions.

18th Aug, 2004 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief RPG PBP Medieval World

Thanks for the correction Fugi. smile.gif Now, we have to decide which mission to take based on our stats (most thieves, one magician and one warrior) a very weak group if you ask me, so we need to choose the less dangerous one.
Fugi, all your questions are great as the same as the other members. This mission would be very different to the other ones, we will have to use more our brains than physical strenght so let's vote which mission we choose. I choose the Patrol one, it seems to me the less dangerous, but I'm open to hear what you all have to say and vote.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

Page 10 Thief Catch camp

I'd have to agree with you LDS...seeing as how the patrol one does seem a little less dangerous, though the other mission would probably have more action. I personally would probably have voted for the traveller mission if we had more warriors than thieves in our group, but since thieves are more for sneaking around and surprising people, I vote for the first mission: finding their hiding spot. easier to plan for rather than taking a huge chance that we'd be outnumbered (being a little larger group probably than they normally steal from).

IC: Arthyr suddenly feelt the adrenaline coursing through his body. 'I can't wait to get started', he thought to himself.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

Thief Catch camp

I think I would have to agree with Xepher. It would be easier to get help when we locate their hideout than if we patrol. I vote for the first mission.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] To Catch A Thief

OOC: Going by your posts today it looks like 2 definite votes for the first mission (Arthyr and Shade), 1 vote for the 2nd mission (Ariadne), Eissa brought up some excellent points about how if we choose the 1st, we'll have the element of surprise, and we may also possibly enlist others' assistance once the location of the hideout has been confirmed. Looks like the ball is in my court. Everyone presented wonderful contributions. Thank you all. Based on the 2 confirmed votes for the 2nd mission along with Eissa's analysis, the party will accept the 1st mission.

Be mindful, though... we don't yet have a time frame of when we may find the hideout. We will all still be vulnerable during travel, and while camping at night.

IC: Airmed rests her spear against the wall next to the door and sets down her backpack next to it. She then rejoins her peers, taking a moment to reflect on all that's been said. She scans the worn faces of the village Elders. They seemed sincere in their intentions, but more must be learned before making a commitment. She quickly consults the others and addresses the Elder in charge.

"Your plight is indeed urgent." She gestures to indicate her peers. "We humbly agree to serve your village in this matter by flushing out this den of thieves, but we do have some weighty concerns that require the attention of your council before we commence. There are many and we beg your patience. First, your initial offer was one gold piece a day for any skilled warrior who would undertake this quest. We have but one." She nods at Ariadne, standing proudly in her armor. Airmed continues. "Should not all of us be paid in kind for risking our very lives?"
===============================
OOC: Time crunch... this will be finished in the party order thread. Thanks again for all your fantastic responses!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] Catch Thief - Page 10

Okay Fugi, your post on Party order was buetiful, but the GM seems to want to keep it simple.
Great work guys! Lets keep it up.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

[camp] To Catch A Thief
A Friend

[camp] Catch Thief World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 10

QUOTE (fugitive247 @ 18-Aug 04, 6:05 PM)
Be mindful, though... we don't yet have a time frame of when we may find the hideout. We will all still be vulnerable during travel, and while camping at night.

true...i never did think about time frame wise...heh...oh well it's all good, not to mention we will have so much fun.

though i still don't see what was quite wrong with Fugi's post...i liked it, nice and straightforward, but GM's the boss, so whatever floats his boat eh?

"You can do it!"

Reconcile Edited: arthyr on 19th Aug, 2004 - 5:40pm

> TOPIC: [camp] To Catch A Thief

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,