The Architect

The Architect - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 17th Aug, 2004 - 1:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Man of mistry - not personality, but who cares when you own and designed the Matrix?
8th Aug, 2004 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

The Architect

Matrix

Not a very welcoming person, just facts and figures with not much to go on - catch it if you can - die if you don't. I was puzzled by this man in the beginning, it took me about three viewings and a few essays to get the point. However there are some things that still puzzle me. One big one is this...

Does he really hope that Neo goes the way of 'saving' Zion or was that just a test? Why even bother with Neo? Why start all over again? Why select 23 to live if Neo takes that door? Is it that the odd number would be someone for Neo thus making himself as the 24th?

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2004 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Architect The

Matrix

I don't think the Architect cared if Neo saved Zion or not. He was merely the person to give Neo the facts and give him the choice. The Oracle was more concerned about the humans. I say this because of the Architects nonchalance at the end of Revolutions when he is speaking with the Oracle.

8th Aug, 2004 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

The Architect RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

Well I do not think he was concerned with the humans either, but he was concerned with the choice Neo would make. However, it seems that he had set up a system by which Neo would choose the expected door and thus save the machines from Smith.

16th Aug, 2004 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Architect The

Matrix

Something for analysis... Look at the following quote from the movie where Neo is with the Architect:

Architect: The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art - flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another - an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo: The Oracle.

Architect: Please. As I was saying...

What does the Architect mean by 'Please'? The way it is put across can mean many things. So far I have come up with this:

1. Please do not interrupt me
2. Please, you should already know it is the Oracle
3. Please, don't be ridiculous - how could it be the Oracle
4. Please, it is Persephone, couldn't you see that?
5. Please, you do not even know what I am talking about
6. Please, my representation of 'mother' does not mean female

16th Aug, 2004 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Architect The

Matrix

I think it would be response #2. The Oracle was definitely the one who showed the Architect what the construct should be like so the humans would accept it. She also is the link between Zion and the Matrix. By allowing the inhabitants of Zion to trust her as a person, the Architect was able to change the construct and the purpose of the One so that a system crash would be less likely. The Oracle has sympathy for the humans but the reality is she is just as manipulative as the Architect because she is fooling the humans of Zion to think that they can be completely free from the Matrix. What she is inevitably doing is appeasing them so they do not reject the Matrix as much as they do now.

16th Aug, 2004 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

The Architect

Matrix

Good interpretation. However in the last scene of revolutions when she is talking with the Architect she seems to be concerned for the humans and thus asks if the Architect will keep his word.

Another observation. The screens that were displaying the different Neos - was that the former Neos and their past reactions or the current Neo's possible reactions?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Aug, 2004 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

The Architect

Matrix

Another question that comes to mind is this:

If this was the 6th Neo, and the last 5 has chosen the right door, when the Matrix was reset, what happened to the humans who were currently plugged into it? Were they inserted into the new one? Where they all flushed and a new set of humans inserted instead? If so, wouldn't that be a waste of human energy?

The reason I ask this is because of the previous question asked about the Oracle's sympathy for the humans. If the Architect does not keep his word, and the system crashes because the humans reject it, will they all perish, thus the Oracle's concern for them? With the ability to choose now, maybe less humans will die because of a system reset.

About the multiple Neo's, I believe those were the reactions of the previous ones. Since Neo was the only one who was not predestined and had the ability to choose, the Architect could not predict his reactions.

17th Aug, 2004 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

The Architect Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

I believe those were the reactions of the previous ones.

That would mean that they all looked the same too.

Concerning your other questions, I have the same ones myself so I can be of no help there, but I do often wonder if the Architect sitting there was just a visual representation of the Machine since why would the Architect put himself in such an 'open' position - sitting on a chair - looking not able to do very much.

I read somewhere else that those screens that show Neo's life were also seen in the first Matrix briefly thus letting us know that the Architect was watching him even before he learnt what the Matrix is/was from Morepheus.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Architect

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.