Friends Anyone? - Page 5 of 5

Hello! 1. What does the word 'friend' - Page 5 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Nov, 2022 - 5:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
The definition of 'friend' and our perspective of it.
6th Aug, 2022 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Friends Anyone? - Page 5

I found this thread to be very thought provoking, and JB's friend had a similar experience to myself. I want go into too much detail, as I am new here, but I was on the wrong side of a long-term relationship, and when you get to my time of life you start to wonder what you could have done different.
I think the term 'fair weather friends' is quite applicable in most cases. One thing for certain is that you find out your true buddies when a crisis occurs. It's one of the reasons I have no tolerance for social media (Well, that and about a dozen others).
My sister's friend is a physchotherapist, and I had been itching to bend her ear for a while regarding the nature of friendship. I got the chance last Christmas (My sister holds an annual gathering every year).
Without telling her too much, I wanted to know if it was down to me that my so-called pals had seemingly vanished in my hour of need. To this she asked how many really close friends I had. At one time I would have said dozens, but I told her about five, and felt a bit embarrassed at how low that number sounded. She smiled and said that on average most people have but a handful of really true friends. Maybe she was saying this to ease my mood, but when I think of it, and what I mean by true friends, I suppose it sounds about right. Either that or she had too much wine… nah only kidding, and I'm glad I discovered this site.

Rather off topic, but...
I've been looking for a proper role-playing experience outside of the traditional tabletop (Nobody I know ever had the time these days to even attend a game). So I am thankful for JB in putting together this game, and I'm impressed by how professional it looks.

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2022 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Anyone Friends

I actually think that the number of tested and true friends most of us have would be only 1 or 2. The others may be helpful in something but cannot pick you up when you are down.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2022 - 7:03am / Post ID: #

Friends Anyone?
A Friend

Friends Anyone? Health & Special Psychology

A friend is someone who actually likes you and wants to spent time with you, perhaps with a common interest or common cause. An associate is anyone you know and who knows you. If friendship lapses then a former friend would just be an associate.

8th Aug, 2022 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Anyone Friends

I agree most of the time those that we call friends are the ones who make a lot alibis or reasons not to come while those who we rarely see are the ones who are down with helping someone in need.

13th Nov, 2022 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Anyone Friends

Hello!
1. What does the word 'friend' mean to you?

For me, a friend is someone with whom you can connect emotionally. What I mean by that is that there are no more barricades that stand in the way of reaching the other person inside. With other people, strangers or acquaintances, there is always a certain wall, a wall that naturally blocks the other person and keeps them at a distance. A true friend has opened the walls for you (And you, of course, for him. True friendship can only develop when both also see themselves as friends).
For me, a friend is someone you can trust no matter what, someone you connect with on a deeper level.
2. Do you understand the difference between friends and associates?

Yes, I think so. There are so many people we meet in life, with whom we pause or stand beside, whom we walk past or run away from, but a true friend walks beside you and holds your hand. There are friends who are only casual acquaintances with whom you meet occasionally and have tea; and there are real friends with whom you can meet without really meeting, because you know that inside you are always connected.
3. Can a friend be demoted to associate or vice versa?

In the end, it is possible… Sometimes the winds come and blow away the one who seeks the vastness of an unknown world, or blow in the one who by chance finds himself in the place of your existence. Whether quarrel or the time, sometimes it can drive apart even the closest friends. But I also believe that both can always find their way back to each other. With the winds, you never know where you'll end up.
4. If you are in the middle of a jungle with only monkeys around, could they become your friends based on your definition in #1 above?

I believe that friendship can develop between every living being, even if everyone views friendship with different perspectives. Especially when it comes to survival, life works together where no one ever thought it could. Under normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't actually seek out the monkeys to befriend them. But if I had no other choice, and if the monkeys were friendly, why not?
5. Who decides who is a friend and who is not?

Everyone decides for themselves who is ultimately friend or foe, even if there are of course their own inner hurdles (Denial). But in true friendship it is ultimately important that both decide to be friends. Friendship for me is based on a level of similar view of each other. Since everyone decides for themself who is friend or foe, friendship arises for me where two individuals both see themselves as friends.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Friends Anyone?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,