Siblings Sharing Bedrooms

Siblings Sharing Bedrooms - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Jan, 2005 - 10:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

My boys are 6 and very 3. They have shared bedrooms for over 2 years now. So far, so good, but I remember the battles I had with my little sister when we shared bedrooms. We got seperate rooms once my parents split- that was heaven, but we ended up having to share a room again as teens when we first moved to Florida. Once again the battles raged. This time it wasn't over toys and such, but territorial disputes. Plus, she wanted to talk on the phone all the time, or stay up until all hours reading with every light on in the bedroom. I had a full-time job and needed to sleep. Then my alarm clock would wake her up, plus there were battles over time spent in the bathroom... rolleyes.gif

Any tips on squashing future battles with my boys? Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bedrooms Sharing Siblings

I remember my sister-in-law telling me about her "battle" with her sister when they were kids sharing one bedroom. She said her sister would make a line between them to separate their parts of the bedroom. It was unfair for her because her part was by the door and her sister naturally has to come to her part of the bedroom to be able to get in and out of the room.

I was lucky to be an only daughter so I had my own room growing up. I enjoyed sharing my bed with my younger brothers every once in awhile though.

1st Sep, 2004 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Siblings Sharing Bedrooms Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I don't know if I have any tips for ending sibling in-fighting, but I can certainly relate to sharing a room with my sisters! Once upon a time, all FOUR of us shared a room... and even a bed when we were really little. Up until teenage years, we shared bedrooms, until one by one the older ones left home.

Then of course we get married and have to share a room with some guy laugh.gif smile.gif

Roz

13th Dec, 2004 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

I think there should be an age limit with siblings sharing bedrooms, specially if one is a boy and the other is a girl. Both of them need their privacy and it should be respected.

13th Dec, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

I have read where it is better for siblings to share rooms than to have their own (I am referring to siblings of the same gender). It forces them to learn certain skills like problem resolution and compromise which they might not get in the same doses if they have separate rooms. The same article also indicated that siblings that shared rooms ended up closer than those with separate rooms. I read this months ago, so I have no reference to provide, however, it does make sense to me.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2005 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would have to agree with the siblings sharing rooms. My two boys are 4 and 3 and they share a room. It seems to me that they have gotten closer by sharing a room. Their relation ship has evolved from one of telling on the other to scheming together! There are the occasional fights, but since they are so close in age, I usually let them work it out. The younger one is the spunky, wanna-be dominant one, and my older one is the stronger more passive/loving one. The younger one cant dominate because he isn't big enough, and the older one doesn't because he would rather share. Most arguments end in a compromise that they work out, my intervention is usually not needed. Until they both start running down the hall screaming that they are both going to tell!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Siblings Sharing Bedrooms

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,