Member Of...

Member Of - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 19th Aug, 2004 - 2:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Other forums you belong to and where fits in
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Member Of...

First of all it is important to understand that we are not interested in the other forums, groups or communities you are involved in therefore DO NOT post links to them here. We are interested in YOU and wish to know the following:

1. How many forums are you a member of?

2. Based on your answer to #1 is this forum the most important or least important to you when choosing which forum to visit first?

3. From 1-10 (with 10 being the best) how do you rate this forum as compared to the forums of which you ARE a member?

4. Do the forums you belong to tend to have better, worst or the same topics?
5. Are the forums as rigidly moderated as this one?

6. Lastly what is a feature or particular custom that you have on the forums you belong to that you would like to see here.

Again, please do not mention names or links of the communities to which you belong.

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2004 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Of Member

I am a member of a few technical communities, but I mainly use them for reference and technical assistance. From what I can remember (I may have signed up for others but have not used them) I am a member of 4 forums including this one. This forum is by far the most important one to me, I visit this forum multiple times a day when I can. I would definitely rate this forum a 10, no doubt about it. The forums I belong to have different topics, I cant say they're worse or better. They are definitely not moderated as strictly as these, plus there is no interaction from the moderators on those forums as there is here. There are so many features on this forum as compared to other ones that I belong too that question #6 has no answer, literally. Keep up the good work, JB and everyone else who keeps this site running!

18th Aug, 2004 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Member Of... Feedback & FAQ News Community

I think two. But this one is the only one I'm active right now.

2. Based on your answer to #1 is this forum the most important or least important to you when choosing which forum to visit first?

Definetly this forum is the most important.

3. From 1-10 (with 10 being the best) how do you rate this forum as compared to the forums of which you ARE a member?

Without trying to sound 'good', definetly a 10. This forum has boards for almost all interests and have special features that are unique and that I have never seen in other forums.

Tend to be too superficial, here the topics are more mature and intelectual...it gives room for learning and progress, not for entertainment's sake only.

No way, and that's one of the reasons I left other ones, because the owner of the sites are so thirsty for people that are willing to put up with a lot of non-sense or rude posts, the site becomes dirty in all the sense of the world, and the few posters who were willing to do something good are left out.

6. Lastly what is a feature or particular custom that you have on the forums you belong to that you would like to see here.

None. I think here we have all the features we need.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 18th Aug, 2004 - 2:35am

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Member Of...
A Friend

Of Member

1. Including this one, I am an active member of 3 sites, each with numerous sub-forums or special interest groups, several of which I moderate.

2. They are all equally important to me, however, I check a couple of my groups in which I must approve members' posts first before making the rest of my rounds.

3. 10 all the way. My personal groups are maybe 8-9 because of slow activity right now, the rest are around 7 or so.

4. The special interest groups are, well, special thus different. All the sites have pretty much the same general subjects, but this one has much higher standards/quality.

5. My personal groups are pretty much "G" rated because I keep the archives public. Heaven forbid a child be surfing one of my groups. At least he/she won't be exposed to inappropriate content. The rest vary, but they all have at least some sort of profanity filter and rules in their TOS regarding nudity and/or suggestive posts.

6. One feature that might be nice is a calendar to which members may post special events- birthdays, anniversaries and such. It might be nice to know at a glance who's celebrating a milestone.

Hope this information helps. cool.gif

18th Aug, 2004 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Of Member

6. One feature that might be nice is a calendar to which members may post special events- birthdays, anniversaries and such. It might be nice to know at a glance who's celebrating a milestone.

Is that a joke or you just have not looked at the top menu? Try checking at the top of the forum where it says, 'Calendar' or check the Site Map. A Mini Calendar is also on the Portal, and Premium Plus Members have access to a planner, etc.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Member Of...
A Friend

Member Of...

Probably about five. Although I'm a member of alot more, I don't post in all of them.

My most important forum that I go to is my Role Playing one. My least important would probably my sisters LotR Forum. tongue.gif

9/10 Nough said.

Most of them have worse.

None exept mine.

The ability to post in color. laugh.gif (Just kidding)
No there are none. But I do wish my forum had some of this sites little add-ons. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Aug, 2004 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Member Of...

1. I am a member of too many forums to count. However, I am only really active on one forum other than this one, along with 4 or 5 email groups.

2. This one is, by far, the most important forum.

3. 10

4. Topics on other forums are nowhere near as good. Email lists tend to be quite closely topic oriented, so their topics tend to also be very good.

5. I know of no forum that is as rigidly moderated as this one.

6. The only thing I would like to see would be a larger "signature" line available.

19th Aug, 2004 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Member Of... Community News FAQ & Feedback

1. Currently 4 besides this one, but are all email groups or "newsgroups" -- nothing like this Forum.

2. I always check my email first, but check my "subscription notices" from this Forum before anything else.

3. 10! Nothing I've ever visited compares.

4. Not nearly as varied, but certainly topics that are important/useful/edifying to me.

5. Not moderated well, but the one that *is* partially moderated gets a ton of complaints about it.

6. None. They're all email groups.

Roz

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Member Of...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,