Member Of... - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE If you are seriously concerned about - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 16th Nov, 2004 - 1:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Other forums you belong to and where fits in
13th Nov, 2004 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Member Of... - Page 2

Thanks for all your positive feedback. Here is a tip for those of you who wish to entertain it: Most forums allow you to have a signature containing links (unlike us). Please link to us with a statement about our community by editing your signature rather than leaving it blank (if you do). You may also use the refer link as shown on the Refer page so that you get the points and the FP for it! Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2004 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Of Member

1. I'm a member of one more forum, but lately I'm having problems in opening it for some unknown reason, so my activity dropped there drastically. That's also why I joined this site.

2. No, I've been a member there much longer then here. Although I post here more often, I try to post there whenever I can (not that often undecided.gif )

3. 9. I just hate tens, nothing is perfect.

4. Here is a much broader variety, so I can't really compare. There it's mostly discussion about RPG, or discussion about the book Ender's Game, around which the RPGs are revolving.

5. There's only one moderator there, and he scarcely posts, so I'd say here.

6. One thing that annoys me here is that I can't edit my message after a certain limit of time. If I have something to add to a topic, or a question to ask in my intro thread, but I was the last to post there (as is the case now) I'm not allowed to post there again, because double posting is not permitted, and I can't edit either.

14th Nov, 2004 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Member Of... Feedback & FAQ News Community

Referring to #6, that does irritate a lot of people, but it has to be because of the silly users who post message after message or constantly edit their posts until the others look like they are responding ignorantly. Knowing there is a limit causes members to give greater attention to what they will post rather than just say anything because they know it can be corrected later. If you need greater editing capabilities you can upgrade your membership.

14th Nov, 2004 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Of Member

6. One thing that annoys me here is that I can't edit my message after a certain limit of time. If I have something to add to a topic, or a question to ask in my intro thread, but I was the last to post there (as is the case now) I'm not allowed to post there again, because double posting is not permitted, and I can't edit either.

As JB mentioned, there are good reasons for it. I remember long time ago we had this girl that was sharing some personal problem about her boyfriend here, then the boyfriend found out that she was posting in this forum and talking about him. She felt dumb so she kept editing her posts to make it sound different but the thing is that the replies after her first message did not match her original questions. So it looks like the people were answering something totally different to what she ask in the first place. undecided.gif

16th Nov, 2004 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Of Member

Ok, then. Maybe instead of giving 30 minutes to edit, you should keep the possibility of editing for as long as that post is the last in the thread. That way, you will be able to edit what no one has replied to yet, and it won't create any controversies, and also it would solve my problem, and I would be able to add to my last post without double posting.

16th Nov, 2004 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Member Of...

Smudge, what you have stated is feasible, but requires more work from the admin. That is why we have different types of memberships. If the admin were to implement everything that was brought to him, his work would be double and nothing to show for it. If you are seriously concerned about being able to double post or edit longer, then you should consider upgrading. It will be worth your while!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2004 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Member Of... - Page 2

Create a code to check and see if a message is the last in a thread and if it is then give 'x' time limit to edit it? Nah... unnecessary work, unless you are willing to give me the code and I will add it. How about if you take the time to think about what you are going to post? After all, you have all the time in the world to come up with a message and then half an hour if all the time in the world still was not enough wink.gif

UPDATE: Seems Malexander was posting the same time I was... could not have said it better myself.

16th Nov, 2004 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Member Of... Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

If you are seriously concerned about being able to double post or edit longer, then you should consider upgrading. It will be worth your while!

I was considering it, but since a donation is required, and I'm not 18 yet, I need my parents' permission, and they're not really in the RPG spirit. laugh.gif Is there any other way in which I can get a premium membership?

After all, you have all the time in the world to come up with a message and then half an hour if all the time in the world still was not enough

What I meant was my intrudoction thread. No one posts there unless I ask a question or I've achieved something praisable. Now, it happened that my post is last there, and I have more and more questions arrising, but I can't post in my intro. Can someone please post something in my intro to revive it and save all of these irrelevent discussions from being made?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Member Of...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,