RPG Etiquette - Page 3 of 8

Wouldn't they have seen that already - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 13th Jan, 2017 - 1:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Discuss  RPG Etiquette How hard is it to keep RPGs only about RPGs and not your personal interests or schedule. Do not be selfish by trying to hijack an RPG to make it about yourself. How inconsiderate it is to join a game only to simply leave without any kind of notice. How self-centered it is to whine and complain if a game isn't being played the way you want it to go. Everyone needs to ensure they read and re-read the RPG Etiquette Rules so they know how to handle their Post.
10th Nov, 2016 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette - Page 3

Biggest pet peeve for Role-playing Game etiquette; Understand what is happening before you decide an action. I think you owe it to everyone to read or listen well enough that we don't have to be repeating ourselves or trying to stop you from doing something stupid.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2016 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Etiquette RPG

One thing I learned is once game is over don't be angry at the player for what they have done In Character: . It's just that. A game and a pretend character. Don't read into peoples personality that this would be done in game, so therefore, that they would do in real life. Game, people, it's a game, pretend like when we were kids playing cops and robbers. It was a big lesson I had to learn myself. But once you get it, you just get it. I hope this helps someone. Cheers.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2016 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette Reviews RPG & Card Board

I tend to agree Selexa, but in my experience there is a caveat to that. An unfortunate number of people play in a disruptive manner because they like throwing wrenches into the works, and then turn around and defend their behavior as just something their character would do. I've taken to wincing every time someone I don't know declares a chaotic neutral alignment as a result of this trend.

For the kinds of players I speak of, they aren't really playing a character, but rather using a proxy to try and justify a highly disruptive playstyle.

Now, in party conflict has its moments. I once pushed a confrontation that resulted in a running battle with a party member through a city, and ended up getting him locked in jail, utterly ruining his plans. But my guy had strong in character reasons for every one of his actions, as did his, and neither of us were doing it just to screw with each other.

Ultimately, most ttrpgs are designed for cooperative team based play, as a result, there should be some minimum standard of interparty behavior that character rp does not override. This standard can vary between groups and campaigns, but it should be something everyone is comfortable with. I plan to host an evil campaign one of these days, where absolutely anything goes, and the question of pvp is not if but when, but when it happens, everyone will be on board with the concept.

27th Nov, 2016 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Etiquette RPG

Something that would anger me if I were running a game is to see someone wasting the Dungeon Masters time creating a character with an elaborate background and when its time for them to enter the game they just aren't there. I don't know how Kntoran and Icon do that without having a rant about it. They always seem ready to welcome new players regardless.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Etiquette RPG

I just don't get this. The hardest and most time consuming part of playing these games is creating a character. Why go to all the trouble and have a good background history and disappear? Once that part is done you might have to commit 15 minutes a day to keep up with your posts.

12th Jan, 2017 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette

They're bored and decided to do it but didn't consider the commitment or the time of others welcoming in their character. A good Role-playing Game is not like video games that you can save and come back to when you're ready.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette - Page 3

They may also simply have decided the format was not for them. They might prefer a fast paced, number heavy style of play, and/or perhaps simply could not reconcile the thought of potentially waiting days for their actions to be resolved. You have to admit, this takes some getting used to.

13th Jan, 2017 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Wouldn't they have seen that already by just looking if they even took the time to look? I doubt they did. Just create a character and then someone begs them to come play. I'm do not think I can be a Dungeon Master for that reason I will flip.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: RPG Etiquette

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,