Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 77 of 948

Sorry, I saw her post about her casting it - Page 77 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 77

Okay, that does alter things. How about we let that post stand with its dice rolls for NEXT round, and for this round he will sit still, allowing Sanctuary to go up. Who knows? Maybe an arrow or something will drop the beast… except won't that drop his Rage? Is Cyanwrath in attack range without moving?

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 28th Feb, 2017 - 3:53am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As long as you take damage the rage will stay in effect. I'm sure you will take some kind of damage.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You don't have to skip a round entirely. You can always voluntarily lower your initiative score to act after another character rather than before.

The downside is that the initiative value remains at the lower value on subsequent rounds rather than going back up.

Alternatively, yes, Cyanwrath is right there for you to attack. There's also a hapless mook with a spear behind you. Attacking either would preserve your rage even if you beat the odds and take no damage.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:04am

28th Feb, 2017 - 4:04am / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 77 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

So, is the point of sanctuary to just delay Poljen from damage for one round, because the way everyone seems to be talking it seems that their trying to preserve his rage. If he attacks, it will preserve rage but ends sanctuary. If he doesn't attack on his next turn and any attacker on him fails the Wisdom save he loses rage for taking no damage.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm throwing a life line to a drowning man. Whether he takes it or not is up to him. Lia will have done what she could. I hope he runs for it. If he attacks and loses sanctuary that might be it for him.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:08am

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gr… I step away to finish the dishes and now I see my rolls, and only now realize that Kyrroeth put the Sanctuary up BEFORE his turn… I really wish she had waited for after his turn. Okay, Daishain, if you think this is fair, let's run it this way:

Lia casts Sanctuary, and Poljen holds his ground. I will refrain from spending Inspiration and allow the fire to damage me, keeping Rage in place. Anyone who gets through the Sanctuary Wisdom check, well, they still need to successfully get him (Maybe Onthar's Bard can use Cutting Words to reduce Cyanwrath's roll). Then next round, he will use that attack roll (HIS FIRST [Critical Hit] OF THE GAME!), either on the lizard if it is up, or on Cyanwrath.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:18am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 77

Kyr specifically stated she was waiting until after Poljen went in the main thread to cast sanctuary. After he makes his attack, is he moving anywhere?

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 77

Sorry, I saw her post about her casting it before his turn before she edited her action post to say she would wait… okay, he gets his attack in, but he was waiting for the lizards to come close, so put the attack on Cyanwrath, then he will hold position. That way if the lizard is still up when it comes back, he is there the next round and avoids those AoOs I had previously been unaware of. He strikes the half-dragon, Lia casts Sanctuary and he holds his position, letting the fire fuel his rage (And any who bypass the Sanctuary). Depending on how the lizard and Cyanwrath look next round, he most likely will go for the rope on his turn. I think that should cover things for now.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.