Parents Do Stupid Things - Page 2 of 9

Another stupid person in the world. She is - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 12th Jul, 2005 - 2:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »
Like leaving children in cars all day
Parents Do Stupid Things Related Information to Parents Do Stupid Things
Post Date: 7th Nov, 2003 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Parents Do Stupid Things
A Friend

Parents Do Stupid Things - Page 2

First off, let me say that I do not condone leaving the kids in the car, especially at such a young age.
You guys are so quick to say it was the mom's fault.  Take a moment to think of another scenario.  A couple with a small baby are getting ready for work.  The mother generally drops the child off at a baby sitters, but she is running late (due to a phone call from her sick mother and she agrees to pick up her medicine on her way to work and drop it off at her house on the way)  In order to help out his dear wife, husband decides to help wife out, and do the child care drop off today.  Mommy puts the child into the car seat to help out daddy and reminds husband to " be sure to drop off the extra diapers with the sitters.." and off they go.
Husband is so worried about his mother in law, that he calls her house on his cell phone after pulling over to the side of the road.  Mother in law is doing better, but his boss places a call to him while he is pulled over.  "GET TO WORK ASAP", the boss yells over the phone. "We have a new client and he is dropping in at 9:00".  New daddy is now distracted. He doesnt' normally do the baby drop off thing and the baby has fallen asleep in his car seat.  He parks at work, rushes in... and doesnt' remember about the baby until the police officer comes to question him.
Bad parents? No, I dont' think so.  Distracted? - certainly!  Neglectful? - sure puts a new light on the story now, doesn't it?
It IS tragic that children (and dogs) get left in cars on hot days.  Can we be so quick to judge?  Nope, I think judging is best left to a higher authority wink.gif  Have I ever done it?  Yep! On those days when you just have to do a gazillion errands on your day off and the baby has JUST fallen asleep.. I've left him in the car (on a cool day) with the door locked AND WITH HIM IN MY SIGHT in order to put a letter in a mail box or to pick something up.  Am I a bad mother for doing so?  I dont' think so.  Then again, it isnt' for 20 minutes, more like 1 or 2, and the child was NEVER forgotten.

Sponsored Links:
7th Nov, 2003 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Things Stupid Parents

Bad parents? No, I dont' think so.  Distracted? - certainly!  Neglectful? - sure puts a new light on the story now, doesn't it?

Bad parenthood means also neglecful parenthood...if you read the stories well we are not talking about leaving your child in your car while you are watching to drop a letter in the mailbox...we are talking about leaving your child unattended, in a hot summer, in a boiling car for hours then when the police asks the parents answer 'they forgot' :smile.gif then another case of a woman who went to the hairdresser and leave their two children unattended in a hot summer for three hours!!!!!!!! now if you don't think that's bad parenthood, then I don't know really your concept about it. The 'abuse' must not always be 'intentional', to be consider 'bad parenthood' in my opinion.

an we be so quick to judge?  Nope, I think judging is best left to a higher authority  Have I ever done it?  Yep! On those days when you just have to do a gazillion errands on your day off and the baby has JUST fallen asleep.. I've left him in the car (on a cool day) with the door locked AND WITH HIM IN MY SIGHT in order to put a letter in a mail box or to pick something up.

I suppose that having you done it before, you don't see it as wrong. In my humble opinion, a parent should take out the child from the car even if they go to get a soda in the grocery store, even if it will take 2 minutes...in two minutes somebody can steal your baby or an accident may happen, it's amazing how fast this kind of tragedies occurr. Why we should put our children in such a risk?. Don't take me wrong, I may sound judgmental, but I'm not trying to do so...just trying to understand how somebody can forget a baby in a hot car for three hours...

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2003 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Parents Do Stupid Things
A Friend

Parents Do Stupid Things Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I fail to see how this can be used as an excuse.  I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude, but no matter how busy of a day I have (and trust me my days are very hectic and nerve racking) I have not once forgotten my child was in the car with me.  It doesn't put any light on the stories I have read or heard about in fact, I just find the whole thing sad and upsetting.  These parents that 'forget' about their children in the car really have no excuse for it, other than being neglectful.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2003 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Parents Do Stupid Things
A Friend

Page 2 Things Stupid Parents

Hum.....
Well, I work at mental health center and hear some cases like these.  Once these parents get caught, they really really have a difficult time with the court and most of the time their children will be taken away for temporary or for good.  I've seen their tears and agony so it's hard for me to finalize what kind of parents they are.

I certainly am mad with parents who left their children in their vihicles for a long time but there was one time, my husband and I bought a lot of things from WalMart.  We have a two door car and got three kids sleeping in the back.  If they are alert, we ask them to get down and walk inside the house with us but if they fell asleep and we couldn't wake them up, we have to take turns and carry each one of them inside.  So, as soon as we got home, we took all the groceries into the house and got the kids inside, or at least that was our plan.  We started cooking and put everything in place.  About 10-15 minutes later while I was still cooking and my husband finally is done with getting everything in place and the kids were watching TV, my husband suddenly asked, "hey, where is our daughter?"  

We checked every room and finally found our daughter still sleeping in the car, one door of our car was even left open at that time.  We rushed out and got our daughter in.  I found myself heart racing and hands almost shaking.  I soon related to some parents walked into our office for help and I felt so bad for them.  Now when we are in the process of getting into our house, we checked our car and house again and again to make sure all three kids are with us.  This experience truly makes me an obsessive and compulsive parent now.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2003 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Parents Do Stupid Things
A Friend

Things Stupid Parents

How shall I word this?  Yes, I agree that it is a horrible shame that children are left in cars, unattended, on hot days, and die in those same cars.  Truly that is horrible.  What a way to die! It is so tragic for both the parent and for the child(ren).  
I do think it is one thing to leave your child alone for 2 minutes vs to leave your child alone for 3 hrs.  I also agree that it IS better to wake up your child when doing errands and take your child with you, but there are times when it IS the best for all around to let a sleeping baby lie and you have to get that tylenol for a baby fever or something.  I've done it only when I judged the risk benefit and found the benefit to overwhelmingly outweigh the risk.  Its only one in areas I feel safe - not in huge shopping malls, but at small, neighborhood shops where the person at the counter will help you keep an eye on the car.  NEVER would I forget that my child were in the car, either.  I know as a parent, I have gotten distracted, but I have never forgotten my child in a car.  I have also had the sleeping child in the car thing when returning from grocery shopping.  Luckily we have a garage that is attached to the house and it doesnt' get too hot or too cold, and we put a baby monitor out there so we could hear for when he woke up.
It IS a tough call.  Certainly 3 hrs and a dead child is too much being left in a car.  But is 45 minutes of nap time that is sorely needed, in a locked garage, done in a "safe and monitored manner" okay?
I was merely trying to point out a way that a person could, perhaps, have unknowinly left a child in a car, and point out that not all instances are of bad parents.  Surely many cases ARE with bad parents and woefully neglectful parenting, but not all of it is.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2003 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Parents Do Stupid Things
A Friend

Parents Do Stupid Things

It IS a tough call.  Certainly 3 hrs and a dead child is too much being left in a car.  But is 45 minutes of nap time that is sorely needed, in a locked garage, done in a "safe and monitored manner" okay?
I was merely trying to point out a way that a person could, perhaps, have unknowinly left a child in a car, and point out that not all instances are of bad parents.  Surely many cases ARE with bad parents and woefully neglectful parenting, but not all of it is.

This is true, but I find that there is a fine line between being neglectful and just being cautious about it not taking your child out of the vehicle.  I just heard not too long ago about one of the cases I had mentioned in an earlier post that the judge had the father arrested for being neglectful of not taking his son out of the van when he dropped his oldest child off at the day care center.  (When I find where I read it at, I will drop the link.)  Which brings up a question to my mind.  According to what I know, both of the father's children were enrolled at the same daycare center.  Why didn't one of the daycare workers ask where the other child was?  I mean, I know it's not their fault, but they do have to take a head count to make sure they have enough meals & snacks prepared for the day.

Could this tragedy have been avoided?  Most definitely.  I just find it sad that the number of children's deaths from being left in a vehicle are on the rise every year.  In my opinion of course.  :-/

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2003 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Parents Do Stupid Things
A Friend

Parents Stupid Things - Page 2

OHh that is so sad....Makes my heart hurt to hear the kids Getting all the pain like that....And i wish And Wonder why the good lord would let the kids suffer like that..and Why let PPL that would do that to a child have babys...It is so frustrating to me ...that ppl do that to the babys..and Kids...Makes me want to become a Vegalanti ..Like charlas Bronson..*S*..Makes ME wish we could have that Program Like The movie Minority Report with Tom cruise..they go into the past and Arrest the Criminal before they do the crime...That would be Just right..*S*

here localy...A woman LEt her car go into the Water with her three babys in it ...

6 year old ....4 year old and a 2 year old...WHY in gods name..was going though this womans Mind.... sad.gif huh.gif

12th Jul, 2005 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Parents Stupid Things Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Another stupid person in the world. She is mad.

Mother charged after kids take turns in trunk

McLEAN, Virginia (AP) -- A mother has been charged with felony child abuse and child cruelty after she allegedly forced two of her children to take turns riding in the trunk of a car on an eight-hour drive from Alabama to Virginia.

Cheryl Ann Schoonmaker, 38, forced the two girls, ages 8 and 10, to take turns in the trunk July 1 because there wasn't enough room in the car, according to Curtis Schoonmaker, her ex-husband.

The woman was driving five children, including an infant, to her ex-husband's home outside Washington, D.C. None of the children was injured during the trip. The girls told their father what happened the next day and he called police...

https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/12/kids.trunk.ap/index.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Parents Do Stupid Things

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,