Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 15 of 21

One of the things that gives credibility to - Page 15 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 11th Oct, 2016 - 9:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (21) »
New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God
Atheists Not To Be Feared! Related Information to Atheists Not To Be Feared!
26th May, 2016 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 15

international QUOTE
I do resent most atheist tell me I should not believe in my religion.

You shouldn't. Just as the believers want to spread their word why should atheists just stay silent? Atheists like to work by facts and if they know something that could help another why not share it.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2016 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Feared To Atheists

international QUOTE (William @ 18-Jan 15, 10:34 PM)
Atheism is not a religion but just a position.

I disagree with this statement and here is why: 1.It takes faith to believe there is no god, faith is the basis of all religion's. 2. All religion's have their preachers, and that is the same for atheists, They have people preaching all the time that there is no god. 3. Most, if not all, religion's have books and literature solely dedicated to them and Atheism is no exception.

26th May, 2016 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared! Beliefs Religious General

A quick definition of religion in 3 points from first to last:

international QUOTE
the belief in a god or in a group of gods
: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

An atheist does not have a belief in god, does not worship 'god' and does not have an activity dedicated to the spreading of their beliefs. The point of being an atheist is to separate one's self from that.

27th May, 2016 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 15 Feared To Atheists

international QUOTE
An atheist does not have a belief in god, does not worship 'god' and does not have an activity dedicated to the spreading of their beliefs. The point of being an atheist is to separate one's self from that.

I will start with your first point. You are right that atheists do not worship "God", per say. But they do worship and I would say the thing that they worship is their god. First what is worship? Worship is the giving of yourself to something or someone, in other words, it is something that you think about, work for, feel joy form, strive to be with and something that consumes your time more than anything else. This could be money, drugs, alcohol, food, work, or someone else like a movie star. So even atheist's have a "God" they just don't call it that or even recognize it.

Your second point is a completely false statement. They have people that do radio and TV talk show they have people that do demonstrations, and they even have clubs like the American atheist or the Atheist Alliance International which, by the way, both put out reading material and ask for donations and ask if you want to join. Sounds like a church.

So even though they want to separate them selves from a "God", they are still a religion.

31st May, 2016 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Feared To Atheists

I think its a case of mixing technicalities with what a person who does not follow religion or god does about it. While there might be a few who go out of their way to drum up support for it there are some who don't do anything about it, they don't believe and they don't go around people that they should think the way they do.

22nd Aug, 2016 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared!

For a person deep rooted in a religious upbringing hearing the word "Atheist" is like saying the "Devil". You see if you take away the religious ideals from someone who is deeply religious then there is a void that leaves them questioning everything they believed. That is something to painful to conceive so they repel any talk of there being no god far from them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Aug, 2016 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

Atheists To Feared! - Page 15

I believe most people are irreligious and not true atheists and not many people (From both sides) understand the difference. Some of the "Atheist" preachers are so zealous declaring their "Freedom from the shackles of religion" (Any religion, but usually Christianity) and in the end they are in the same level with the passionate priests.

From a true humanitarian scope, there should not be any debate, especially so passionate one, as of what anyone believes and who (Or whos' belief) is better. We do not need religion to have a moral compass and be civil with eachother and make true and creative conversations or exchange of ideas.

11th Oct, 2016 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Atheists To Feared! General Religious Beliefs - Page 15

One of the things that gives credibility to the points that atheists make are the men in leadership that pontificate religious rhetoric and yet do the total opposite of what they say by keeping dark secrets of their own that are later exposed.

> TOPIC: Atheists Not To Be Feared!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,