Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 3 of 21

QUOTE As far as debating/understanding I have - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 12th Jan, 2004 - 2:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »
New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God
Atheists Not To Be Feared! Related Information to Atheists Not To Be Feared!
6th Jan, 2004 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 3

trigwf24 I understand your message, but it really does not address the issue because we are talking about what gives man his 'standards', not the ones that come through trial and error. Example, Christians believe that Adam immediately received instruction from God, the teaching Adam received was most likely far greater that we have now. I am sure Adam had vast knowledge of the stars, economics, language, etc. This was his 'standard' it was given to him. You see, nothing is learned by self, it is always given, to be an athiest is to claim that nothing has been given to you from anything other than chance and random events. To me the natural world and the way the earth turns and functions proves this wrong. What makes a lion do what it does? It was given to him what he should do.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2004 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared!
A Friend

Feared To Atheists

Let me make sure I'm understanding you right,
You are saying that nothing that we have has been earned. We have not adapted to our environment to survive it has all been given to us from God? Or am I mis understanding you?

9th Jan, 2004 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared! Beliefs Religious General

Everything we have and are has been given to us by God, we merely take those things which we have been given and adapt them to our own agency. You want proof of that? Before you were born you got your life through your mother. Your mother got life through what she ate. The life of what she ate came from the ground. Where did the ground come from? What decided that there would be just enough mineral deposits to make the food grow? how about just enough oxygen, just enough sunlight? You see, nothing is unto itself, everything comes from something, everything is given to something else, thus... we are Children of God. This earth was given to us by him. The idea that men ran around with Dinosaurs and monkeys. It is an insult really, poor Adam, if they only knew how much of a scholar he was.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2004 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Feared To Atheists

You could probably fear a true atheist, though not many people are true atheists there is nothing to fear. But a true atheist is most likely going to try and kill everyone, or quite a few....But like I said, most atheists, aren't "True Atheists"

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2004 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Feared To Atheists

JB- had no intentions to insult you or your beliefs, its just my P.O.V. I'm just trying to understand where your coming from. I do not believe that their is a right/wrong when it comes to religion, or that you even need to be affiliated within a religious organization to be considered a decent human being and/or seek salvation. I try to keep an open mind about it. I'm not trying to sway anyone just express other views, nothing personal.

Everything we have and are has been given to us by God, we merely take those things which we have been given and adapt them to our own agency. Nothing is learned by itself, it is always given.

If nothing is learned by itself then how are we able to adapt to use Gods gifts for our benefit? Is it because that knowledge was given to us, to adapt his gifts? That doesn't make any sense to me, if we know what we should do why would we change or question it? How do Atheists fit into this picture?

12th Jan, 2004 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

JB- had no intentions to insult you or your beliefs, its just my P.O.V.

Insult me? Where did I say you insulted me? You seem to misinterpret my writing style, but that is common in an online atmosphere where expression is limited. Your choice of words 'picking on me' show that you see this more as a debate rather than a chance for understanding. My intention is to give you a view to making a firm choice. Remember, I already believe and know where I stand, I am not in the 'Wilderness' guessing and still wondering what life is all about.

No atheist or agnostic can ever explain life with real understanding because they base everything on their own perspective, hence there is no 'organization' of agnostics or atheists.

If nothing is learned by itself then how are we able to adapt to use Gods gifts for our benefit?

You have to define for yourself what or who is God because on one hand you say 'do what self wants and that is right' but at the same time you ask 'so what does God want'. If there is a God then it is no longer a question of what we want. We are to serve Him. He is a parent, your father or mother has taught you certain things, but it is up to you what you ultimately do with what you have learned. I have often found that Atheists were brought up without love and thus are more cold to the love of God when it is expressed therefore they do not 'benefit' from His news of Love when it is given.

That doesn't make any sense to me, if we know what we should do why would we change or question it?

Because man in inherantly evil and seeks to do their own will rather than the will of God. Again, my example of the parent... do all kids obey their parents even when they teach them good things?

How do Atheists fit into this picture?

Fit? They have chosen not to believe in the same God that manifests His works in every aspect of life. Define what you are asking by using the word 'fit'.
Offtopic but,
Please got to the FAQ board and check the topic for offtopic and quotes so that you can learn how to use them in your posts.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2004 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists To Feared! - Page 3

As far as debating/understanding I have clearly expressed my view on that issue. The whole picking on you was a joke!!!!!
I don't need help making a firm choice, already have one. I don't remember saying I didn't know what life was all about. When I ask you questions in my post its not because I'm lost in the wilderness looking for the light, I'm asking because you contradict yourself and that makes it hard to get a true understanding of where your coming from.
To bad you feel that way about atheists and agnostics. I think it would be hard for someone of faith to acknowledge that their are people in this world that don't need constant guidance and self reassurance, from a higher power,that they are doing the right things. I take pride in the fact that I take responsibility for my life, I don't lay it in the hands of someone else to take care of. Just because atheists and agnostics don't live by your faith, meaning, have an organization that tells us the meaning of life,how you should or shouldn't live, doesn't mean we'll go through life with no understanding of it. That statement seems ludicrous to me. Just because I have something called independent thought doesn't mean that my perspective about how to live life is distorted in anyway.[OFFTOPIC] I went to the FAQ board and an error page came up so I was unable to access it.

12th Jan, 2004 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Atheists To Feared! General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

As far as debating/understanding I have clearly expressed my view on that issue. The whole picking on you was a joke!

Like I said, communication on here is not the best, thus it may take more expression, I rarely 'joke' on issues like this, but in any case... Maybe someone else will converse with you as I do not see much of substance here by playing with words and where you are trying to take it.
Offtopic but,
Try the FAQ again, I was coding earlier.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Atheists Not To Be Feared!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,