Use Of Enhancements In Religion (drugs)

Use Enhancements Religion Drugs - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 5th Jul, 2004 - 12:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

It is now legal to use narcotics in religion.
Use Of Enhancements In Religion (drugs) Related Information to Use Of Enhancements In Religion (drugs)
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Rasta Farians believe that the marijuana plant gives them commune with spiritual forces. The American Indians have similar beliefs. What do you think about the use of drugs in Religion? Is it an excuse to get 'high' or is it a genuine reason to become more 'spiritual'?

CHURCH'S PEYOTE USE OK'D

Members of a Utah County American Indian church, whatever their race, can continue to use peyote as part of their religious ceremonies without fear of state prosecution, the Utah Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...72326%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2004 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

drugs Religion Enhancements Use

Wow, it reminds me of when my history teacher was telling us about the whirling dervishes of the Middle East and Asia. He said that they spin around in circles for days without eating or drinking, and that while they are doing this they see visions. He said "I'd see visions too if I didn't eat and spun in circles for days."

I find it difficult to believe that God would communicate with his children through mind altering drugs. It seems like it would be difficult to know what was a vision and what was just the effects of the drug. So I'd say it's probably just an excuse to get high, but I'm sure not everyone who does it sees it that way.

4th Jul, 2004 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Use Of Enhancements In Religion (drugs) Beliefs Religious General

While I think religions that believe mind altering drugs are necessary to have spiritual experiences are misguided, I think their right to practice as they see fit should be protected. I don't think all people who claim this as a religious practice are using it as an excuse to get high. American Indians have practiced this for many, many years. I think they are sincere in their beliefs even if I think they are misinformed.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

drugs Religion Enhancements Use

TRUTH ABOUT PEYOTE IN EYE OF BEHOLDERS

High in the mountains of northern Mexico, a cactus grows. Its round green buttons are sliced from the root, dried in the sun and ingested as a sacrament by the natives, who believe the buttons are hoof prints left by a god.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...75242%2C00.html

> TOPIC: Use Of Enhancements In Religion (drugs)

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,