Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub - Page 69 of 78

For me is not a problem at all: if Canabusis - Page 69 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jun, 2013 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 78 pgs.  65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73  ...Latest (78) »
Closed
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons Bumi World Setting Only Players with already approved Characters should Post in this Thread. To have your Character approved you should start Here first.
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub Related Information to Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub

RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here.
Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction.
Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

26th Jun, 2013 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub - Page 69

You are now in the ranch that is the location in which most of the others are. I put you there to help you join the party quickly so, technically, you don't need to go anywhere. To have an idea of where you are, taking the world map as a reference, you are now in a small country village a few dozen miles to the east of Loya (In the south of the Empire).

Sponsored Links:
27th Jun, 2013 - 7:20am / Post ID: #

Hub Players Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

I'm sorry I know that I'm at the ranch but trying to stay in character. I wanted to know around about where I was and know which direction I would start to go... I assumed I wouldn't make it in any direction very far before meeting the group. Thank you for letting me know about where we all are, so that in the future I will know that if you told us we're heading to a certain town then I can look at the map and know that I would state that I was heading in that particular direction.

28th Jun, 2013 - 9:24am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub Archive Pathfinder / D&D

In this Thread we always participate as players not as characters. The Game Thread is the one you have to use to stay in character. This is our Support Thread so any question asked here will be treated as a real question. So, if you ask where you have to go here, you will receive an "Out of character" Answer.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2013 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 69 Hub Players Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

General Dungeons & Dragons Question on: Difference Between Bluff vs Intimidate & Gather Information vs Diplomacy.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2013 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub
A Friend

Hub Players Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Bruconero I am a bit worried about Canabusis's character. She is new to playing Dungeons & Dragons from what I know and looking over the states she picked I think she might of made some major mistakes that will be detrimental to her character.

Wizards are a vast class. Two wizards may differ in so many areas, even if their builds are similar. The main reason for that is of course, spell selection. But what attributes are required to wizards? This is a very difficult answer, that highly depends on the spells you use regularly.

Strength:
This is a dump stat for wizards. It only applies to touch attacks, but since they are touch anyway, you won't have much of a problem with this.
Dexterity:
Not a dump stat, but not primary either. Helps in many ways. First of all wizards with high initiative, using a key spell can disable multiple or a particular enemy and win half the battle for their teammates. Second, helps reflex saves which are bad and last but not least it helps targeted ray spells, which require a ranged touch attack.
Constitution:
This needs to be really high. A close second to intelligence, constitution boosts your fortitude saves and your hit points. Wizards lack in both. A minor note is that it also boosts your familiar's hit point total, too. Also the concentration skill, which all wizards should max out, is keyed off constitution.
Intelligence:
This is your primary statistic and should always be high. Determines your save DCs and bonus spells. Also many of the wizard's skills are keyed off intelligence. Starting wizards require a 15 minimum score in this attribute to acquire 9th level spells in time.
Wisdom:
Dump stat. Only helps will saves, which are already high. The Arcane Disciple feat needs this score, however.
Charisma:
Dump stat, but there are exceptions. Helps some enchantment spells which require charisma rolls.

And as it is her states are way off the normal, which is fine if you are advanced enough to know how to play this stile and take the right feats to adjust that. But I'm a bit worried shes going to find herself handicapped as the game gets going for her.

Also I noted her HP is extremely low only 1/3ed of the amount of health of the lowest party member before she joined. I have a feeling a mistake was made while rolling for it or this may be due to the odd application of her stats.

Is there any chance you can see giving her the option to adjust her character before she is put in her fist battle and gets killed by one bite forma dog or can't hold her spell and it blows up in her face.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 30th Jun, 2013 - 7:12am

30th Jun, 2013 - 7:58am / Post ID: #

Thank you for that Kittenpunk. I was worried I might have let the character generator do to much of the work for me. I didn't know where to put my highest attribute points when I joined. That's why I've been asking Kittenpunk all those questions about spell casters. If I could I would like to at least just re-arrange my attribute points not necessarily re roll them? If this is too much of an inconvenience for you Bruconero I will go on as is. I'll have to be one very careful or dead wizard / diviner, and I will have learned a valuable lesson.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2013 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub - Page 69

Its more complicated [than] that if he lets you do anything at all. Because the modifiers for each state will change this affecting the modifiers in your skills how many more skill points you will get as well as you health points. But I think if he has time or is wiling to let another such as myself help you [redraft] her we could do so [within] a day I think but that's up to him as he is the Dungeon Master of this game.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your Post to ensure you use the correct word meaning is used. For instance: "There", "Dear", "Their", etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

30th Jun, 2013 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 69

For me is not a problem at all: if Canabusis wants to tweak her stats or pick again from scratch her skills or whatever we can do it together. She just joined so is not a problem at all. In my opinion, anyway, the situation is not so terrible as you described it Kit. Ferrin is in a similar situation, with AC and hit points, and never got a scratch in the battles he has been in. Up to you, Canabusis. The only thing I would have changed is the feature you chose: pretty useless. The rest can do.

I'm used to a system, the 2nd edition, in which going unconscious with a character was very rare: you had to hit exactly 0. I was using the core rules which means at 1 HP you are alive while at -1 you are dead. I'm not used to create situations in which the players will go unconscious easily: that's a more arcade philosophy that they introduced since the 3rd edition. The way I see Dungeon and Dragons, with the right tactics and the right amount of attention no party member should go down during encounters: it happened only once until now and that's because that was not a battle you guys were intended to fight.
I would like to recreate that kind of atmosphere because when people know they will die they play much much better but the story about being alive until -10 HP in 3rd edition is not optional anymore. If characters died at -1, people would not jump blindly into fight like it happens now. You guys would have found a diplomatic way to beat Captain Tomlin or studied some smart tactic (Setting fire to the camp during night-time, infiltrating it while the soldiers were sleeping or anything that could dramatically change the odds in your favor). I find the game more fun in that way and, most of all, attributes are not so important anymore: having 18 or 14 in one of your statistics becomes less important than facing the dangers in the right way, coordinating the actions and trying to outsmart your opponents.
With the -10 HP rule having a rogue also is not so important while before it was essential: now you just need 2 or 3 healers in the party and then the character with the highest HP just sets off all the traps getting healed when he falls unconscious. Different concept, now meta-gaming is way easier.
Well, as always, I'm just ranting. Wow, I wonder how boring I will become when I will get old!

> TOPIC: Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Hub

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.