Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm - Page 5 of 193

Out of Character: Talking about starting I - Page 5 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 5th Mar, 2013 - 3:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (193) »
Closed
Future Earth RPG - Biowarfare Only Players who are participating in this Scenario should post here. Ensure that you keep your Activity level at 75% or more.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
3rd Mar, 2013 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm - Page 5

Out of Character: That's true but your reasoning brings as an unavoidable consequence that we would be not able to know who is really hiring us anyway. It would be like asking the thief if he is a thief. We can only base our choices on what has been told to us. They said they need civilians for an undercover task because, for political reasons, they can't risk direct involvement. This already defines our position pretty well. Something like: "Please, help me. But know that, if you fail or if somebody catches you, I don't know who you are".

Sponsored Links:
4th Mar, 2013 - 2:20am / Post ID: #
Major
Mercenary
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet Important
Not Not Approved ?

Brainstorm RPG Biowarfare Jungle

Scifi Rank This is Slasher, over...

Out of Character: We should like start some preliminary plans so we know how we will approach certain situations. For one if we are told to seek out the tribe and make friends with them how are we going to do that without being killed? How are we going to analyze their poisons or find where the crystals are if we're foreigners? Something concerns me to is those pesky conservationists, they'll like cause us real problems. We can't go in there with combat stuff. What will we do for fighting? We should like totally talk about this now and not wait for when the game starts and we have limited time for decisions.

4th Mar, 2013 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Out of Character: I agree, Play. Probably we will be given some cash also before being deployed in the mission area and I believe we should decide together which kind of gear could become necessary. Those conservationists will most likely employ high-tech devices to scan and check the area and we may consider including in our equipment something that could help us avoid being detected.
As soon as Oinodaemon creates his character (which he stated will not take long) we will have a clearer picture of our options.

4th Mar, 2013 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #
Major
Mercenary
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Not Not Approved ?

Page 5 Brainstorm RPG Biowarfare Jungle

Out of Character: We can't look like hunters or mercenaries. We could probably get away with a body pistol but the rifle and the shot gun definitely has to go. We can't be wearing any combat gear either so all this makes us open prey. We will need to rely heavy on technology to tell us our chances. Maybe we should sell our stuff and invest heavily in a few good items that will really help us.

Rather off topic, but...
Yeah, Oinodaemon will be here soon. I don't know how many posts he has to make but he was doing a lot.

5th Mar, 2013 - 3:17am / Post ID: #
Uhura
Resarcher
Character
Novice / Confused
Not Not Approved ?

Brainstorm RPG Biowarfare Jungle

Scifi Rank This is Biotech Engineer, over...

Out of Character: We can't go helpless either. We may need to break up into two groups. One that does the recons and makes friends with the natives and the other that acts as backup in case we're captured. We should all have communicators so we can know where we are and what we're doing.

5th Mar, 2013 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm

Out of Character:: I agree with Fair. We can send in a group under the cover of a yuppy college or save the planet research team trying to find reasons why the place shouldn't be mined. This could get us passage or even friends with what could enemies in the conservation group. We have a scientist maybe two depending on the next character that could fit the part. A sleazy merchant trying to set up small trade and hired help to protect he team. All very plausible considering. We can keep some of the heavy weapons broken down in our packs. Once we get the planet's rating and codes we will know if we can be strapped. We have to request communicators and see if we have any contacts on planet. If possible we can ask about some research items as we build our team. Ie what do they trade out and what do they trade in. That could give me some in roads as a merchant. What do we know about the conservation group. We can create a fake conservation research group on the web incase they search on us to give us some credibility. Plus learn some of the tactics online from not only the villages but the conservationist.

Reconcile Edited: sgtlee on 5th Mar, 2013 - 11:36am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Mar, 2013 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm - Page 5

Out of Character: The communicators are a double edged weapon: on one side they will help us to maintain contact but there's a good chance that our conversations could be intercepted, blowing up our cover.
We can get all the information (I hope) when the game will start. We will likely receive some sort of briefing and be able to ask specific questions

5th Mar, 2013 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #
Major
Mercenary
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Not Not Approved ?

Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 5

Out of Character: Talking about starting I wonder how much more posts Oinodaemon needs to start.

For communicators couldn't their signal be jammed somehow so no one can get in on what we're saying?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (193) »

> TOPIC: Jungle Biowarfare RPG Brainstorm

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,