JB's Home Made Pizza - Page 2 of 3

Great choice, JB! I forgot to mention - Page 2 - International Forum Gallery - Posted: 13th May, 2013 - 3:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  JB' s Home Made Pizza
11th May, 2013 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza - Page 2

I have never made or tried a pizza with celery on it. How does it add taste wise to the pizza, JB?

I understand this is a weird question from one who made and ate a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's(Michelangelo) favorite toppings pizza.(Anchovies and Peanut Butter- the taste was 'interesting')

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2013 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Pizza Home JBs

I should clarify that the celery I used is the local variety which is thin, leafy, short stalked and has a taste similar to parsley. It is not as watery and large as the American variety which I also love to eat. Therefore picture the taste with parsley.

12th May, 2013 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza Gallery Forum International

Ah, I can see that taste in the pizza. Still, I am now curious how [American] celery would taste in a pizza...I'll have to let you know when I do it.
Thanks.

12th May, 2013 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Pizza Home JBs

Trying hard to hold myself... Trying hard to hold myself... Trying hard to hold myself.... Defeat: I can't hold myself!
Come on, you can't put celery on a pizza. Parsley, yes, but celery is out of place: the American quality is good for stocks, raw with some sauces (french "Crudites") or, if you cut it very very small and make it dry, as part of the fried vegetables (with chopped onions and carrots) that are used as a base for sauces or roasted meat dishes.
The celery JB is talking about (here in Indonesia they have that one) can be used on pizza because, as he pointed out, is more similar to parsley: what you use is mostly the leaves while the American quality, which is also the Italian quality, has thick stalks full of pulp. This second one is much more tasty and is totally wasted if baked in an oven.

12th May, 2013 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Pizza Home JBs

I love to experiment with my cooking, Brunconero. I WILL do it, traditions be darned.

Though I'm sure the celery will not add taste(just water), but it will most likely soak up the flavor of the other items I'd have on the pizza to taste like them.

12th May, 2013 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza

I was not saying you cannot do it. Everybody is free to cook his\her food as they like, of course. I'm already trained to suffer in silence seeing strange mixes (you have no idea what people can eat here) But, this time I felt like if somebody was stabbing me: pizza is one of our national dishes. How would you react seeing somebody drawing the American flag in the wrong way, with the wrong colors but still calling it "The American Flag"? Moreover, you have Italian blood, so I see your experiment as high treason! (laugh) Just joking. But never tell your parents you did that, ok?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th May, 2013 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Pizza - Page 2

international QUOTE (Stefflabunny)
Still, I am now curious how [American] celery would taste in a pizza...

As I was making my other one yesterday (see link below) I was thinking about this and almost did it but said to myself it is way better in a salad so I diced some celery with cumbers instead. It probably will make a nice addition but you will probably need to cut the celery into thin slices otherwise it will be a very crunchy pizza.

Here is another one, though not as 'classy': JB's Home Made Pizza 2

13th May, 2013 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

JB's Home Pizza International Forum Gallery - Page 2

Great choice, JB! I forgot to mention that in my previous post: maybe the best use for the American celery is in a salad. Fresh and tasty. Thumbs up!

+  1 2 3 

Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
# Words:
# Sentences:
# Paragraphs:
Reading Time:
Optional:
Search

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: JB's Home Made Pizza

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,