Mikejonesuk Introduction - Page 2 of 2

Mike, you're doing great, it will - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 17th Jun, 2005 - 6:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2005 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Mikejonesuk Introduction - Page 2

As you requested, I wrote about commercial writing (copywriting) for the direct response market. It is in its own topic, here.

I hope this helps. Respond on that topic if you have any thoughts about it.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2005 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Mikejonesuk

Hey, stop saying 'sorry' and 'thanks', no need to, we have an understanding here and you are very consrtuctive and articulate in your messages, so all is well. I like that you will only post if you have something worthwhile to say, however you must also know that your activity rating (it must be 75+% for RPGs) will drop if you fall below three posts per day, but you are currently at 100% so all is well.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Mikejonesuk Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Regarding your question about Joseph Smith, you might find it interesting to read some of the other topics in the subboard about LDS doctrines, the same one that has the Adam and Eve topic.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2005 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Page 2 Introduction Mikejonesuk

Mike, I had to edit your post in the thread about Adam and Eve because was offtopic. As Nighthawk suggested you can make a search on the subboards about LDS doctrine and see if you can find what you are looking for. If you do not find it, then you can start a new thread about it in the board of Studies of LDS doctrine and we will be more than happy to answer you. Thanks. All the best.
LDS_forever

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2005 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction Mikejonesuk

Mike, I enjoy your posts, but I have to ask that you to please read the thread about Constructive messages so that I or the Bots or the Mods do not have to keep editing or deleting your posts. If you keep in mind that subjects are not to be changed (or if you must, use the off topic tag), and that external sites are not to be publicized then you will be okay. The Bot that gave you a link on Constructive posting (right after your intro), please review that. Thanks much.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2005 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Mikejonesuk Introduction
A Friend

Mikejonesuk Introduction

Q. What is a constructive message?
A. A message that makes sense and adds a valuable contribution to the subject matter of the thread. In other words do not just post to say you agree with the subject, but why you agree!

Or disagree.

Q. What may be constructive for me may not be for someone else right?
A. True, but there is a limit. Someone may not think what you have said is important or valuable, but if they can make sense of what you said then it was probably worth it.

I thought I was doing all that. I like to think people "can make sense of" what I say. I am usually replying to a statement made earlier in the thread. My posts tend to be quite long. That is because I like to develop an argument and to provide the reasons for my argument.

I try to keep on topic, but sometimes I use examples that are not directly related to illustrate an aspect of the argument.

For example, in one post about muslims, I mention white supremacists - which may be seen as off topic. But I try to demonstrate the connection between the two, so that my position on muslims is clarified by the white supremacist statement.

I wouldn't consider that off topic.

I try to keep on topic, but sometimes I use examples that are not directly related to illustrate an aspect of the argument.

When I do use the OFFTOPIC tags, I thought I was using them correctly.

I will try harder in future, but my posts tend to be longer than the average post and can, therefore, cover more subject matter than usual. I wouldn't want to have to curtail my arguments.

...external sites are not to be publicized ...

I assume that you are referring to my endorsement of the urban legends website. If that was wrong, then I'm sorry.

Anyway, I will take take your comments on board and try to do better in future.

Reconcile Edited: mikejonesuk on 17th Jun, 2005 - 4:12pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2005 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Mikejonesuk Introduction - Page 2

As I said before... in the FAQ Board, ALL can be found there, even things that you may not have wondered about the Community. Let me provide the links to the topics and then you can look them over and see if you can understand what I am saying:

Offtopic and Quotes:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=4736

Links to External Web Sites
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=4742

Saying thanks / sorry
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=7203

Why topics are moved
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=4744

General info on Boards / Threads
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=7184

And the most important one:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=4730

I hope the above can help you, if not one of the Mods may be able to explain better than I. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2005 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Mikejonesuk Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Mike, you're doing great, it will just take a little time to adjust to the community as most of us. I would suggest that if you have a question and is not in the FAQ then please do not doubt in contact me or any of the moderators. We are here to help you and make your time in the community enjoyable. smile.gif Thanks for your contribution to the site.
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mikejonesuk Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,