Australia Politics

Australia Politics - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Dec, 2007 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Australia Politics Australian Politics - Politicians - Government
Australia Politics Related Information to Australia Politics
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2005 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Australia Politics

PM accepts 'softer edge' on detention

PARENTS and children will be freed from detention and thousands of temporary protection visa holders will have their applications to live in Australia fast-tracked under sweeping changes to immigration laws.

There are 927 people in immigration detention in Australia, including 63 children and six babies born in detention.

Under an agreement to review the cases of all failed asylum-seekers who have been in detention for two years, more than 100 long-term detainees will have their cases automatically reviewed.
Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2005 - 9:12am / Post ID: #

Politics Australia

The Australian immigration policy on assylum seekers is a national disgrace. It must be dismantled, none of these soft concessions. did you know in Australia if you are seek asylum and come into the country through illegal means, you are shoved into a prison in the middle of a desert. You could be there for up to years before you are finally granted assylum.

If anybody wants to illegally enter Australia I sugest you do what the hundreds of thousands of British do, get a working or holiday visa, fly in to the country and settle down at Bondi.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

23rd Jun, 2006 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Australia Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Here is a very interesting (to me) commentary on political trends in Australia.
https://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/ch.../23/202345.html

In the Australian House of Representatives last month, opposition member Julia Gillard interrupted a speech by the minister of health thusly: "I move that that sniveling grub over there be not further heard.''

For that, the good woman was ordered removed from the House, if only for a day. She might have escaped that little time-out if she had responded to the speaker's demand for an apology with something other than "If I have offended grubs, I withdraw unconditionally.''

I love it!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2007 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Politics Australia

AUSSIE PM LABELLED 'A RACIST'

Maori Party MP Hone Harawira has branded Australian Prime Minister John Howard a racist whose policies to stop child abuse in Aboriginal communities will breed more anger. View video
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~4122207a10~,00.html

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2007 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Politics Australia

John Howard Admits Defeat

Australian Prime Minister John Howard admits the opposition Labor Party has won the vote, putting an end to 11 years of conservative rule.
Ref. BBC

25th Nov, 2007 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Australia Politics

Is Kevin Rudd mixed with some oriental blood? What is his stand on major issues such as Iraq? I am interested in the direction Australia will be heading now.

Rudd sets new Australian agenda

Australian Prime Minister-elect Kevin Rudd outlines his priorities after his decisive poll victory over John Howard.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7111479.stm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Australia Politics

Australia's Howard 'loses seat'

The woman who contested outgoing Australian PM John Howard's parliamentary seat claims victory.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7122936.stm

6th Dec, 2007 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Australia Politics Politics Business Civil & History

Rudd will pull our troops out of Iraq, he will ratify the Kyoto Protocol and will lean towards strengthening relationships with Asia rather than the US. Being a Labour leader, he will probably screw up the economy if left in power too long. He has no oriental blood but can speak fluent Mandarin.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Australia Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,