Oregon - Page 16 of 19

If I ever go back to live in the US, I would - Page 16 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Jul, 2013 - 5:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 19 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Oregon Culture
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2013 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon - Page 16

Ethanol overload Its bad for your mower and other small engines
Oregon Local News

VANCOUVER, Wash. - The gasoline you buy for your car may be ruining your other machines. The Environmental Protection Agency has OK'd fuel with up to 15 percent ethanol, but it's not meant to go into small engines. But that's where it's ending up and doing damage that can be prevented. If your lawn mower is making a sound like "vrum, vrum,vrum," instead of a ...
Source

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2013 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon

Kitten 1000-mile trip three-week-old Julia Di Sieno
Oregon Local News

A three-week-old kitten astonishingly survived after being stuck inside the engine compartment of Honda Fit for a 1,000 mile excursion from Oregon to Santa Barbara, California. The short-haired kitten had managed to crawl into the engine and when the driver thought she heard a cat 'meow', but quickly shrugged it off and went ahead with the trip, the New York Daily News reported. But when she ...
Source

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2013 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon History & Civil Business Politics

Judge orders BLM to sell more timber in S. Oregon
Oregon Local News

FILE - This March 18, 2011 file photo shows U.S. Bureau of Land Management forester Craig Brown checking the slope of a planned road on a logging project on BLM land outside Ruch, Ore. A federal judge has ordered BLM's Medford and Roseburg Districts to increased the amount of timber they offer for sale each year to meet targets set by management plans. The ruling also prohibits future use of ...
Source

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2013 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Page 16 Oregon

Dad upset with superintendents raise gets kicked off school property
Oregon Local News

Chris Johnson and his son, Everett, speak about how they are upset that Beaverton School District's Superintendent Jeff Rose got a raise amid tight ...
Source

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2013 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon

Preview Group To Call For A Vote On Who Controls Portlands Water
Oregon Local News

PORTLAND, Ore. – A group that wants to keep Portland's open-air reservoirs from being shut down now plans to ask voters to take the water operations out of the hands of city officials. The ...
Source

18th Jul, 2013 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Oregon

Mdg, you said Oregon is beautiful from July to September which based on the picture you put in the forum I can tell it is! Can you tell me how are the winters in Oregon? You guys get snow? How are the people? Lots of races/ethnicities or not really?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2013 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Oregon
A Friend

Oregon - Page 16

international QUOTE (Pandora @ 18-Jul 13, 3:48 PM)
Can you tell me how are the winters in Oregon? You guys get snow? How are the people? Lots of races/ethnicities or not really?

Pandora hi there!

What can I tell you about my state -

From about October - June it can be rainy, wet, and cold. And yes we get snow. I will post a photo for you in the gallery. Mostly it's rainy and grey. I am now 50 and the Winters bug me so I am planning on going away for a month each Winter like retired people do *smile* Many travel to Arizona or Florida from about Halloween (Oct 31st ) through the end of May (Memorial Day weekend).

In the summer you do need an air conditioner (At least I think so), the growing season is about from Mother's day through the end of September. We often get Indian summers which are my favorite.

Winter can be unkind -- we get snow and ice but it never lasts a really long time.

People are very kind -- we have a mix of liberal, conservative, and independent. It's very diverse, people from all walks of life -- Christian, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, etc...

We have churches like - LDS - lots of LDS wards I believe. One of my best friends is LDS and in Portland there's a gorgeous temple. We have a Cathedral and synagogues, mosques etc...

It's a college town and we have many colleges and universities.

Very diverse -- lots of ethnicity -- many same sex couples etc...

19th Jul, 2013 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Oregon Politics Business Civil & History - Page 16

If I ever go back to live in the US, I would seriously consider Oregon. I really like states with lots of green and fruits trees and those sort of things. Of course, since I would be a minority diversity is very important to me and it seems like Oregon has it all.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  « First of 19 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 

> TOPIC: Oregon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,