Oregon - Page 2 of 19

Hope for millions after new AIDS vaccine 'removed - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th May, 2011 - 6:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (19) »
Oregon Culture
5th Jul, 2006 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Oregon - Page 2

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 3-Mar 06, 9:53 PM)
in the case of Oregon having no sales tax I have to wonder in what other ways is revenue collected? Is it that income tax and corporate tax is higher than most places?

While I'm not an expert in the area of taxes, I think that Oregon's income tax and property tax are relatively high.

I go to visit my mom, who lives in Astoria, where the Columbia River flows into the Pacific. Astoria is the oldest American settlement west of the Rockies.

Oh, in my memory Astoria is one of the best places on the beach! Don't they have a lot of victorian houses there? I love Queen Annes. I remember going there when I was younger and visiting a sort of museum that was housed in a victorian.

It's a great area if you can handle the rain -- nice and green.

Yes, the western side is QUITE green. The Eastern side, on the other hand - it is dryer because the mountains keep the rain to the west. however, there are oasises of beauty on the eastern side as well.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Sponsored Links:
5th Jul, 2006 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Oregon

Dimavo

I love Queen Annes. I remember going there when I was younger and visiting a sort of museum that was housed in a victorian.
Is Queen Annes a town near Astoria? Astoria does have victorian houses, some in pastel colors, set on the hill so that several are visible from certain areas of town. Very quaint and picturesque. The town is becoming more touristy, however, and the streets are not made for it. There are lots of one-ways and there is little room to expand.
The Eastern side, on the other hand - it is dryer because the mountains keep the rain to the west.
This is a good reminder that Oregon is a very large state and must have several climates. I tend to forget this because I fly to Portland and stay in the same area each year.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2011 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon History & Civil Business Politics

Woodburn Students Reach Deal In Hazing Case
Oregon Local News

WOODBURN, Ore. -- Woodburn High School basketball players accused of hazing other students have come to an agreement with the juvenile court.The school says eight members of the JV team were ...
Source: Oregon News

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2011 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Oregon

Man Returns From Helping Japan Relief Effort
Oregon Local News

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The president of Medical Teams International is home after helping organize relief efforts in Japan.Bas Vanderzalm went to Japan after the earthquake and tsunami to work with a ...

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2011 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon

Man gets 63 years in prison for shooting Woodburn police sergeant
Oregon Local News

Woodburn Sgt. John Mikkola: Woodburn Sgt. John Mikkola was shot in the thigh, the calf and the chest. All three bullets remain in his body, one is just millimeters from his spinal ...

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2011 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon

Dogs Rescued After Landslide Down Cliff
Oregon Local News

CLACKAMAS, Ore. -- Two golden retrievers were rescued after being swept down a cliff by a landslide along the Clackamas River.The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office says the dogs were on an ...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th May, 2011 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon - Page 2

Voters would decide on 'kicker' tax rebates
Oregon Local News

Oregon voters would get the chance to decide whether to divert half of future excess income taxes into a state reserve, but still receive the other half ...

Post Date: 12th May, 2011 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Oregon Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Hope for millions after new AIDS vaccine 'removed all traces of disease in monkeys'
Oregon Local News

In a promising development that could potentially help those with HIV virus and AIDS, researchers at the Oregon National Primate Research Centre have developed an experimental vaccine that helped monkeys with a form of the AIDS virus successfully control the disease for more than a year.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (19) »

> TOPIC: Oregon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,