Texas - Page 2 of 19

Beckham's royal wedding trip may force - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st May, 2011 - 5:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (19) »
Texas People
19th Aug, 2009 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Texas - Page 2

I have lived in Texas my whole life so I can tell you a lot about the state. When people have talked to me on the phone after getting to know me online they are sometimes shocked that I don't have a southern accent. There are so many ethnicities in my area that you may pick up all kinds of accents depending on who you surround yourself with. Texas is not all country, cowboy boots, and southern accents. I rarely see cowboy boots on anyone. I have lived in busy cities and also suburban areas.
Don't let stereotypes on television make you think Texas is just racist old people sitting on their porches with shotguns either. Every day I am around people of so many ethnicities and everyone is accepted. Texas is a melting pot of culture.
An interesting fact about Texas is it was at one time it's own country.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

Sponsored Links:
15th Sep, 2009 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Texas

I think I failed to mention the importance of football in Texas. Football at even the high school level is important in this state. I had an aunt visit from California and she was surprised when she went to a high school football game here. When she saw the size of the stadium and then the astro-turf, she was amazed. The Cowboys were even able to practice at my old high school's stadium after the collapse of The Cowboys' indoor practice room.
The football game between The University of Oklahoma and The University of Texas "Red River Shoot Out" is a big event in Texas every year.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2009 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Texas
A Friend

Texas History & Civil Business Politics

Of all the states I have visited Texas is the one that made me feel the most unwelcomed. I try to avoid this state as much as possible.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2011 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Texas

Mickelson Ties Record, Takes Lead in Houston
News From The Lone Star State - Texas

HUMBLE, Texas | Phil Mickelson shot his lowest round in two years on Saturday, tying the course record with a 9-under 63 to share the lead with Scott Verplank after three rounds at the Houston ...
Source: Texas News

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2011 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Texas

Beltre leads slugging Rangers to split

TEX@BAL: Beltre homers to left for two runs BALTIMORE -- The Rangers struck back quickly from their first loss and shutout of the season to earn a split of their doubleheader against the Orioles ...

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2011 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Texas

Pakistani Consul General visits Aafia Siddiqui at Texas detention facility

Pakistan's Consul General in Houston, Aqil Nadeem, has visited Pakistani neuroscientist and terror convict Dr Aafia Siddiqui in the Carswell detention facility in Texas.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2011 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Texas - Page 2

Roy leads Portland rally to stun Dallas

Brandon Roy (No. 7) of the Portland Trail Blazers celebrates with teammates after overcoming a 23 point deficit to defeat the Dallas Mavericks 84-82 ...

Post Date: 1st May, 2011 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Texas Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Beckham's royal wedding trip may force him to miss LA Galaxy's next game

Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has said that he might miss his team's next Major League Soccer (MLS) game in Dallas tomorrow following his 15,000-mile round-trip to be at the royal wedding.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (19) »

> TOPIC: Texas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,