Israel Vs. The Middle East - Page 6 of 20

Read this first and then what I have to say: - Page 6 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 8th Aug, 2006 - 5:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (20) »
vs. This is not about the Israel vs. Palestine issue covered in another thread. This is about every other country in the Middle East, yes, Israel has many enemies, in fact they surround her.
29th Jul, 2006 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. The Middle East - Page 6

Another answer is that Hezbollah is locating the rockets between apartment buildings and homes. They are forcing Lebanese Christians to stay in those areas, using them as human shields. They are launching attacks from locations near UN and other internationally important locations. All of these things are to cause publicity problems for the Israelis and hide the launchers.

Sponsored Links:
1st Aug, 2006 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Vs Israel

For what it is worth, Naomi Ragen sent this out on her mailing list today.
It can be read online here: https://archive.mail-list.com/naomiragen/msg01154.html

I lived until 2002 in a small southern village near Mardshajund that is inhabited by a majority of Shias like me. After Israel left Lebanon, it did not take long for Hezbollah to  have its say in other towns. Received as successful resistance fighters and armed to the teeth, they stored rockets in bunkers in our town as well. The social work of the Party of God consisted  of building a school and
a residence over these bunkers! A local sheikh explained to me laughing that the Jews would lose in any event because the rockets would either be fired at them or if they attacked the rockets depots, they would be condemned by world opinion on account of the dead civilians. These people do not care about the Lebanese population, they use them as shields, and, once dead, as propaganda. As long as they continue existing there, there will be no tranquility and peace.

I also find it interesting how many people are condemning Israel for its "disproportional" response to the violence, but refuse to condemn Hezbollah for STARTING the violence.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2006 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel Vs. The Middle East Judaism Studies

Breaking News

Israeli forces are operating in Baalbeck area, northeast Lebanon -- about 50 miles from Lebanese capital, Beirut, and near border with Syria.
Ref. CNN

4th Aug, 2006 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 East Middle Vs Israel

Is Bush Testing The Limits of His Allies?

In this conflict which is about Israel vs the rest of the Middle East one always knows that the rest of the world will be involved for one MAIN reason alone in my opinion: the religious significance of the location. Yes, we can say 'oil', but there is more to the region than oil, plus there are bigger countries with the stuff. So in the end this seems to be indirectly a religious war where Islam and Christianity battle it out with the Jews for turf. It has been this way for centuries and nothing has changed - has it?

Blair admits to cabinet splits over his support for Bush on Israel 

Battered by criticism, Tony Blair last night prepared for a holiday, leaving behind a cabinet torn by dissent, a party in turmoil, and a country dismayed by his handling of the Middle East crisis. 

The Prime Minister robustly defended his decision to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with President George Bush in refusing to call for a ceasefire while Lebanon burns. His defence came amid claims in the New Statesman that there was a conspiracy between the US, Israel and Britain to launch a war on Lebanon. 
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/politi...icle1212769.ece

With regards to the attack on Lebanon by Israel - I would do the same. They have openly decided to tease Israel for years, now that they have awoken the giant they want to claim that Israel is taking advantage - bologna! I say get in there - root them out - make them pay and then get out as fast as possible.

Another thing to note here about the Middle East - they claim one agreement (Islamic countries) and that is they really do not want Israel in the region, BUT despite all their threats no one is openly lending a hand in the current war - what's the matter - afraid?

4th Aug, 2006 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Vs Israel

Wow Mr. Borde, you are on a roll with this one. There is an old saying, "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun." In this case, only mad men and complete idiots kidnap Israeli soldiers and fire unguided rockets at Israel. I have long admired the Israeli military when the United States gets out of their way. This war has been going on for 4000 years and will not end until one side, or the other wipes the opposing side off the face of the earth. This holy war was started when the God of the Jews led them to the Jordan river and told them to cross the river, kill men, women, and children, bring me the gold and silver, and you can have the land I promised to give you. People killing people in the name of religion for 4000 years.

4th Aug, 2006 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. The Middle East

My being on a 'roll' has to do with the amazement in which the world seems empathetic towards Hezbollah. Now, many will say that they are concerned with the innocent being bombed - fine, I agree that there may casualties, but this is something they have brought upon themselves by choosing to support Hezbollah rather than root them out. As far as I am concerned Hezbollah is a Lebanon government funded militia therefore an attack from them is an attack from Lebanon as a nation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2006 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel Vs. Middle East - Page 6

Robert Fisk: This draft shows who is running America's policy... Israel

So the great and the good on the East River laboured at the United Nations Security Council - and brought forth a lemon. You could almost hear the Lebanese groan at this draft resolution, a document of such bias and mendacity that a close Lebanese friend read carefully through it yesterday, cursed and uttered the immortal question: "Don't these bastards learn anything from history?"
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/fisk/article1217413.ece

8th Aug, 2006 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. Middle East Studies Judaism - Page 6

Read this first and then what I have to say:

ISRAEL CONSIDERS LEBANON'S OFFER OF TROOPS ALONG BORDER

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Tuesday Israel is seriously considering a proposal by Lebanon in which 15,000 Lebanese troops would be deployed along the Israeli-Lebanon border to stand between Israel and Hezbollah.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...n-proposal.html

Here are a number of things that are bothering me about this news clip:

1. Why doesn't the proposal say the Lebanese army would attack Hezbollah? Possibly the reason is the same as I said previously: they are one and the same.

2. How will the Lebanese army stop a rocket being fired from the north to the south? Maybe they plan to catch it in mid air or have a Star Wars program of their own?

3. Where is the Lebanese army now? Israel has crossed the borders, one would think they would begin defending rather than allowing Israel to have their way, BUT they are too scared? Not too scared to fend off Hezbollah though, right? rolleyes.gif.

> TOPIC: Israel Vs. The Middle East

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,