Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review

Icon' S Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder Rpg - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2013 - 2:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Related Information to Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review
30th May, 2013 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

The AP in the title stands for adventure path. Ideally this will run from levels 1 all the way through to 17 (Wish me luck). This is split up into 6 easily manageable modules, with players or characters dropping out or joining at those points.
The adventure itself commences as exploration of an uncharted region and around level 4 is when kingdom building begins. In the meantime there are related quests to complete.
The system is Pathfinder which has only a few differences from Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition. I'm willing to accept groups of 5 characters, and if there's enough interest, two groups could explore the region then join forces(Or start a war) for kingdom building. The possibilities are endless and I'm willing to accommodate what the players want within reason.
I am experienced with the first module already, I run it for a group offline.
For the thread setup I would require a Main Game, Questions, Rules, Characters and an optional Party thread.
Any more details you wish to know JB?

Sponsored Links:
30th May, 2013 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

First, thank you for your interest in starting an Alternative RPG.

international QUOTE (iCon)
Any more details you wish to know JB?

Well, this isn't just about me, this is for prospective Players to ask questions or comment as well. You use this Thread at all times: before and during game play as a measure of how you are doing as a GM.

As was brought up here with your initial Post Wanted: Game Masters For Other Role-playing Game Systems I had and still have concerns with your Activity level and now your mention of needing links and images which will require GMaster status. Have you read this thoroughly: How To Be A Game Master / Dungeon Master? That Thread will also tell you the qualifications. If you are just running this without any special setup on my part then you can ignore the GMstatus part but you will severly limit yourself and your Players.

The next thing, do you have Players (real world) already wanting to be part of this or you are just counting on those that are part of the Community?

Lastly, the links you want to use is from Pathfinder's official site or offical material? Will there be any copyright issues? You can send me those via the: Contact Page to look over. If there is leeway like Wizards gave with 3.5 then I will import the Pathfinder material into our own site.

Post Date: 30th May, 2013 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

I would be interested in trying this. I am not familiar at all with the Pathfinder RPG. I would need some help in getting everything ready.

30th May, 2013 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Ah, I see I don't meet the CPost and activity requirements. That reflects exactly how I am, a little reserved in conversations. However, I have been around for two years and have a bit of loyalty to the site. I've been in games that ended unexpectedly and wouldn't want that fate on anyone else. If I have to finish, I'll put it at a logical point in the story. With this defense I humbly request GMaster status, it will be needed.

I do not have real world players and was counting on interest from this community.

As for copyright, Pathfinder rules, like Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e, are Open Game License and already available from at least 2 sources online. Most of the material I wish to disseminate has been made free and the rest will be my or other forum users' work. In any case, the publisher, Paizo, normally have fair legal action since they haven't been bought out by a toy manufacturing megacorporation.

KNortan, I remember you ran a 3.5 game, so rather than relearning the rules, I would consider searching online for the Pathfinder Role-playing Game Conversion Guide which should be a free pdf on Paizo's site. The major changes are to skills and combat manoeuvres. I will help as much as I can if this gets off the ground.

Post Date: 30th May, 2013 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks I still run some 3.5 games and I still have plans to reopen my 3.5 campaign in a couple months or so. I am still getting my footing back here and I am getting more active. I would want to just be a normal player character in the pathfinder series and if you say its rules are similar to D-n-D 3.5 then I should catch on to it easily.

30th May, 2013 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (iCon)
Ah, I see I don't meet the CPost and activity requirements.

You will need to pick that up first before you can get GMaster status but you don't need it to start your Game. Actually, this was my first concern that I expressed to you because you are not very active here, so when you declared that you wanted to be a GM I immediately had concerns about it.

international QUOTE
With this defense I humbly request GMaster status, it will be needed.

You will have to do without it for now until you pick up your Activity and Cposts to the required level. Having your stats in order is the 'defense' you need and the 'proof' that I will need before I could begin coding your own section. Additionally, as been outlined here: Wanted: Game Masters For Other Role-playing Game Systems GMaster status is not given until after it is determined that your game is popular enough or in other words has staying power more especially since you are counting on available Players within the Community.

international QUOTE
As for copyright, Pathfinder rules, like Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e, are Open Game License and already available from at least 2 sources online.

As requested before please send the links to me via the Contact page.

international QUOTE
Most of the material I wish to disseminate has been made free and the rest will be my or other forum users' work.

If you are correct on the use of the material and they provide a way to port it over then I will do so, however using work from other Forums is not allowed here.

You will notice that although Member Role-playing Games do use a core system that is widely available, the Member Dungeon Master's stories, maps and so forth are their own make. We encourage that rather than sourcing material elsewhere.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2013 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

ICon, mate, you should take my game as a guideline. I'm saying this because you was one of the two players that played since the very start so you know how it was and how it is now. In the beginning, I didn't have the Game Master status: no boxes for us, no images and so on. We got those things slowly, after a few months and only when other people joined (four or five players if I remember well). For you it would be the same. Starting like a normal thread and slowing becoming a Game.

I'm sure you will do well as a Master.

3rd Jun, 2013 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews

I got your linked references. Upon my research I found that there isn't a readily available SRD as Wizards has on their official site. I wrote Paizo to see if they had one available. I will update this Thread when they reply, however I can give two actions we can take regardless:

1. If Paizo has an SRD available to be ported over then we will do that and you can link freely to it via one of our sites.

2. If Paizo does not have #1 available then we will allow you to setup ONE Post with links to the various SRD info on Paizo's site only since they are the official publishers for it.

With regards to the map, it seems that this is not open source and is a paid product so duplicating that will not be allowed. However, why not be creative and create your own? I do not know if there is a high reliance on set worlds / maps in the Pathfinder system as I am unfamiliar with it, but if you created your own I will upload the one map for you, that will not be a problem.

I also think your Scenario should be your own make with a different name since the Kingmaker Modules are paid products and I do not see any references to using them open source. This will also eliminate the need for reliance on maps and documents.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,