ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 3 of 66

Most of the information for this specific - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Aug, 2013 - 8:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2013 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 3

Question about my mount. It says that the goblin dog companions start "Small" Would I still be able to ride it? Or would I have to wait till 4th level when it becomes medium in size?
    And it also says that anyone who comes in contact with it will break out in an itching rash so I hope the party knows better.

If I can't mount it than I may switch it out for a wolf

Sponsored Links:
    4th Aug, 2013 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Ah, well spotted. It seems to me that the wolf is more powerful actually, in perception particularly, and that trip is nasty. I will allow an exception for the goblin dog, you can use it at first level as a Medium sized animal, with the only modification being a -2 to Strength, lifted at level 4.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2013 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That sounds perfect. Thank you. I basically only wanted the wolf for tripping and AOOs, but having a medium sized goblin dog makes more sense for my character and I can still flank if need be.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2013 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Another question when you have time. Is there any documentation about the setting that I could read up on to give me a feel for where our characters are and the atmosphere of the current world we are living in? I figure we are playing Stolen Land and I could buy the book but I don't want to know the setting from the Dungeon Master's perspective, just enough to get by as a player without seeming out of place.

6th Aug, 2013 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Icon I would like to obtain my own [Pathfinder] books perhaps even pdf's but I want to know what ones I would need? I think it will be easier for me to read up on how the game is played and the rules if I had a hard copy in hand or on my nook. What would you recommend? I have never heard of Pathfinder before now so I am unsure what materials a player would need, also I would like a map of the region we are playing in the one provided in your game settings is very vague to Brevoy. I will be seeking a map of the greenbelt in game when I come to Oleg's trading post, a physical one would be a huge help. Thank you so much for how helpful and fun my experience with you as GM has been.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2013 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Any game store that sells Dungeons & Dragons would have [Pathfinder]. You normally only need the players handbook to figure the game out but in my case I could only find the advance players guide which offered more content but less descriptions on some of the more core elements. So I also purchased the core rulebook (Which has rules for players and dungeon masters along with a lot of the content I was missing)

These books can be rather expensive though I think I paid close if not over 100$ for both books.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 6th Aug, 2013 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 3

General reviews and comments about Pathfinder can be found here: Pathfinder The Role Playing Game.

7th Aug, 2013 - 8:31am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Game Master says...

Most of the information for this specific adventure path is in the free Kingmaker player's guide which I believe you've both read. The link of the first post is broken, just search for it if you haven't read it. Further information on the setting is on the wikis. I am also using the 'Guide to the River Kingdoms' which I got in a book bundle at an auction, so far a great and detailed book some of which KNtoran's character is experiencing.

Maps however, have a copyright issue, as does all the art in the books. You will have to do an image search for 'Golarion' or 'Brevoy'. I'm considering making a donation to this site in order to post my own images, but a bit later.

For books, the Core rulebook is a great tool, but personally I have an Android app on my tablet with all the open content, free. However as a GM I need to keep a physical Bestiary open to quickly look up stats in my tabletop game.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (66) »

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.