ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 29 of 66

I'd prefer to round to the nearest - Page 29 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Dec, 2016 - 5:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 66 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2016 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 29

Obtaining a Lyre of Building was mentioned. Excellent idea in my opinion. Simply crafting it ourselves is a possibility, cutting the funds needed down to 6,500.

If we can get access to the Fabricate spell (Such as by me or Archival casting from a scroll, whoever can do it more easily), Kresnik can autopass the needed spellcraft check.

If we can't, Kresnik is 5 points short of the autopass mark. We could bolster his spellcraft check by various means to close the gap (Among the easiest being he hotswaps in Fox's Cunning and buffs himself for a +2), and/or we could simply risk failure, though that is a lot of funds to gamble with.

Edit: Come to think on it, never mind, no risk involved. Kresnik can craft the item for 6,500 without the Fabricate spell if he uses the Cunning boost, and Archival is present to use the Aid Another action for the final check. You might even convince him to do it without a commission in exchange for some kind of longer term benefit that just might suck him into being a group member tongue.gif It will take him a little under 2 weeks to finish if he's convinced to make it his full time job. What say you guys?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Dec, 2016 - 4:21am

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 1st Dec, 2016 - 8:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Sounds like a plan. I will make a post once I get out of work in which I again suggest we offer you the role of Magister and request you and I save the settlement money by crafting the lyre.

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2016 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Just realized I still have extra points in Kreligion, in spite of swapping out the feat I needed them for. Objections to me swapping them over to Karcane given that neither skill has come into play and the latter is of more immediate import?

Can always retrain of course, but that'd be a 600 gp hit and I have zilch funds atm.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Dec, 2016 - 2:48am

6th Dec, 2016 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 29 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

I don't really like Pathfinder's crafting because I find it a combination of too fast, too easy, not costly, overpowered and boring. But I will use it anyway with the caveat I previously mentioned - as kingdom leaders you get harassed by distractions so have to roll the check.

Another gripe I have is that because we as the players have a compendium we can lookup, the characters do too. I think that magic items should have to be researched or designed in game. In most cases can we assume 1 item per month, and the rest of the month is mostly research?

So the lyre will take 13 days (+ 10 days of research) and cost 6500 (-5% -325). If I'm reading the rules right, you also need Artisan's Tools (Luthier) and if you get the masterwork ones you can add the +2 on Craft (Instrument) if you choose to use that skill instead of Spellcraft. You can roll the check at the end of next month.

Feel free to move the ranks to arcane - I think it's more appropriate. You should consider religion and nature in future.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The research addition to the time needed seems quite reasonable to me.

Perhaps to refine it further, the time needed to research equals the time it would take to craft, with the total rounded to the nearest week for the sake of simpler schedules. Would the research time be waived in the event a character creates an item he has made before?

In regards to the Lyre in particular.

Target DC: 16

Total skill mod: 15 (11 base, +2 from Fox's Cunning bonus to Int, +2 from Archival's Aid Another he has just enough spellcraft to autopass the DC 10 check for that)

Minimum possible roll: 16

I'll go ahead and roll for the check, but unless you rule something intercedes here, makes the task more difficult, or delays progress, I presume he'll be able to present the Lyre at next month's meeting. (Along with a little cash back for Archival's coffers).

Speaking of cash and this stuff in general though, when not occupied with party related crafting, magisterial duties, or other such pursuits, Kresnik would be interested in filling his own purse via commissions, how would you like to handle such? I realize that this place won't have much in the way of demand, just wanting to get a framework down.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Dec, 2016 - 3:36am

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't think I'll get cash back. I don't plan on having the settlement pay back the 2,500 gold I put toward the lyre's creation, largely due to the fear of Unrest and not knowing where our bonuses currently stand. A Control DC of 22 just feels really out of our reach right now undecided.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 29

Not what I meant, Kresnik has a trait that lets him save 5% on magic crafting, with the flavor of said trait being the character was a bit of an entrepreneur in the magic field and had to find ways around limited resources. Figured it would be appropriate for the dilettante he was rapidly becoming. So, technically you overpaid him by 325 gp.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Dec, 2016 - 3:38am

9th Dec, 2016 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 29

Game Master says...

I'd prefer to round to the nearest month, as that is easiest when going through the time scales I will be using in future. Once an item is researched you can start a production line without a problem - no further research needed. For particularly cheap or ubiquitous items I can make an exception as well.

Will you be getting Fox's cunning by scroll or wand? Your new friend High Priest Jhod Kavken can't prepare it!
    On that note, I think it would be fair if it has to be cast each day of crafting, just as the spell requirement has to be used… is that unfair?

Making money month to month will be using the regular craft rules. I know the in-game economy makes no sense, but it's balanced.

Archival, I wouldn't worry. You have a big charisma bonus to add to any roll, and once we sum them up the check should be easy. I'll add them up when I have the time.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.