ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 5 of 66

Icon, Since Trake has brought to my attention - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2013 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

30th Aug, 2013 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 5

Game Master says...

I don't blame you for not finding it. There's heaps of rules and it's always easier to ask someone. Feel free to ask anytime.

international QUOTE (Rules)
    A character can hustle for 1 hour without a problem. Hustling for a second hour in between sleep cycles deals 1 point of nonlethal damage, and each additional hour deals twice the damage taken during the previous hour of hustling.

The divide occurs during the sleep cycle, so, slowing down after a Hustle will have no effect. The only natural healing occurs during sleep (Or a full day's bed-rest as well), at a rate of hit points equal to your current level, per night (1 per night currently). So in one or two hours, not enough healing will occur to overcome the damage.

Sponsored Links:
    30th Aug, 2013 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Sorry Icon, one more question... Firstly congratulations on your GMaster status and second, now that you have your status do we get the little window to the right side of our posts where we can put a copy of our character sheet? I think it makes it easier to look for our stats and modifiers for rolls.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2013 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

My old dungeon master allowed monks to meditate for 8 hours instead of 8 hours of rest to regain their ki-pool, otherwise it would be 16 hours of downtime to replenish each day. I was just curious to hear your opinion on this before my first night so I can know if my character sleeps or has learned to rest through disciplined meditation.

31st Aug, 2013 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Page 5 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

I'll start to ask the admin for the windows for character sheets, maybe not just yet.

The monk Ki ability clearly states rest OR meditation. The exact point when it replenishes will be sunrise. You can choose on any given night to sleep or meditate for 8 hours, or a combination totalling 8 hours. Meditation will require endurance and concentration checks though.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 31st Aug, 2013 - 4:39pm

1st Sep, 2013 - 10:53am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Canabusis, the cleric's channel affects all targets with the same dice roll. So, there is no splitting of healing.

More importantly, you wrote that you want to ride quickly for a total of 7 hours. In the 5th hour of hustling (At any point in the day), this does 16 whole damage, riding the horse into unconsciousness. The hour after would outright kill it with 32 damage.

To summarise, the healing is more like morphine, where the horse feels no pain from the previous hour, but physically its muscles are strained and its body heat is rising.

If you want Shivas to learn this in-game I'm all for it, maybe she never had a reason to push him before. She would certainly suspect it's going too far when Brute falls unconscious.

1st Sep, 2013 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

I thought it damage doubles for every consecutive hour so if in the fourth hour we could stop to rest and eat so then the damage points would stop if we do not continue to Hustle?
    Example:

Hustle Hour 1: 1 Damage Shivas & Brute
    Healing Channel positive energy 3

Hustle Hour 2: 2 Damage Shiva & Brute
    Healing Cure light wounds on Brute 4+1=5
    (Shivas 2 points damage remaining)

Hustle Hour 3: 4 Damage Shivas & Brute
    Healing Channel positive energy 6

Hour 4: No hustle, no damage taken. Stop to rest and eat.

Hour 5: Regular pace through hour 8. No damage taken?

Shivas stops for the night.

So I was trying to plan out healing spells and breaks for the two so the damage points wouldn't get too high.

I would think that Shivas would be worried enough about Brute to make such preparations as to keep him in good health. Am I doing this right and would a rest in the middle stop the damage points if continuing at a regular pace?

Rather off topic, but...
    I have some off topic questions so, I tried to send you a PM

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 1st Sep, 2013 - 4:59pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    22nd Oct, 2013 - 2:10am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 5

Game Master says...

Hello to my eternally patient players. I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. I'm doing a major group project for mechatronics that is taking so much of my time. I originally underestimated it and now I'm paying the price. I think I may only be able to post once a week for the next two weeks and that also means delays in KNtoran's game and in making the character for Canabusis' game.

2nd Dec, 2013 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Icon,

Since Trake has brought to my attention that I failed to explain the leveling procedure in my game, I became curious to know how the leveling system works in your game?

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 2nd Dec, 2013 - 7:45pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (66) »

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.