ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 6 of 66

Hello there fellow party member (From canabusis' - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Mar, 2014 - 2:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 66 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

6th Dec, 2013 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 6

Game Master says...

To be honest, I haven't decided yet. The adventure recommends Medium progression, but I feel play by post is slow enough. But if I set it to Fast, I have to reduce the random encounters to keep the XP correct, and that makes the Greenbelt appear less dangerous than it is.

I am willing to take suggestions from the players now, what do you want out of the game? Which level advancement track should I use?

Sponsored Links:
    6th Dec, 2013 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Medium progression is fine with me. I would rather have more encounters and more fights. The XP will come with time, and having more encounters would keep the dangerous feel to the Greenbelt.

6th Dec, 2013 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Medium progression is fine. I decided to do fast only because I know that in the event the players of my game level to fast I can always alter any proceeding scenarios to be harder by adding a few extra monsters traps etc. Besides I have a game module that I can use as a bit of a side quest intertwining it with the game outline I have now, as it takes place within the same region. I just enjoy playing, I don't care so much about leveling. You run a fantastic game by the way. Keep up the great work! Thank you.

20th Dec, 2013 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Page 6 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

I believe the game is getting to the stage where you may want to explore soon, but aren't sure how to start.

The entire region has been divided into hexagons and the area outlined on the map from before contains 7 hexes across and 5 down. The hexes are arranged with a corner pointing up and the others at clock positions 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Or if you prefer, compass directions 60, 120, 180, 240, 300.

Each hex measures an area 12 miles across and rates of direct travel and exploring are given in hours per hex, depending on the party's movement speed.

As a side note, north is denoted as pointing to 11 o'clock officially, but if it's too difficult to keep track of, I'm happy to say that north is upwards.

And for experience, I've decided on the medium track with liberal quest rewards and added role playing experience, so it doesn't take too long to level up.

If anything is confusing, feel free to ask.

26th Dec, 2013 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Continued from above
    Each exploration also requires a perception roll, not for the quality of the exploration, but for distances of spotting monsters and locations.

I require a setup for camping. This is the order of watches, setup and orientation of tents, securing horses, whether you light a campfire, et cetera. I would like you to roleplay the first night, then post here or as Out of Character: if changes occur.

Now I also need the party's preferred formations and order for outdoors and indoors.

26th Dec, 2013 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

Marching order in my opinion should go Theaton (For this tracking skills), Tarak, Aliora (If she returns to the game, Shivas, then Mearrun (When he is with the party?) for indoors and outdoors. As for watches We can just use the order that we post as our watches currently in game as a more permanent order. What does everyone think?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    26th Dec, 2013 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 6

That marching order sounds good to me, but if the need for tracking diminishes, then Tarak will take point.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2014 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Hello there fellow party member (From canabusis' game) Are you in need of more players?

If yes, can you tell me a bit about what prerequisites my character needs to fulfill? I figured the first posts about new characters will be outdated by now!

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.