ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 3 of 48

Here's what I have come up with... - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jul, 2013 - 10:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
11th Jul, 2013 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 3

I edited my background with the information you required. (I think) As in class you mean the pioneer / medvyed right? Any way here is what I have...

Shivas Shanti is an Elven Cleric from the out skirts of Hymbria, about 81 miles. As a new pioneer with my family, we survived on what we could grow and hunt with love and respect. Our family moved to the outskirts of Hymbria when I was very young about 7 to expand the elven territory, once Medvyed in our homeland. I lost my family and our home to an invasion of worgs. I sought out to become a cleric, wanting to heal and help others who have seen similar circumstances as to save them the heartache I suffered from loosing my entire family. I came to follow the God Erastil for generations he has been the chosen God of the clerics in the stolen land. I have grown to become a long haired brunette with my hair flowing in spiraling wavy locks. I have blue eyes as piercing and colorful as the mid morning sky. I stand about five foot seven inches and weigh only one hundred twenty seven pounds. With full lips that cast a radiant smile. My kind nature, and ever helpful spirit only adds to my beauty.

As to your other questions as a cleric, if there are a vast amount of undead that we could encounter then classic cleric if what you said as far as the types of enemies we would encounter would be on the other side of the scale (Not undead) then I would prefer the archetype. As for ability scores ...
Wisdom (16)> Dexterity(14) > Constitution (13) > Charisma(12) > Intelligence(10) > Strength(10)
I don't know if I did that right? I thought I would try. What do you think? Is there anything that I have missed? And thank you again!

Sponsored Links:
11th Jul, 2013 - 6:22am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

Pioneer and Noble Born (Medvyed) are both Traits, and both Campaign Traits. They are more for character story, they have a minimal effect in the game except in specific circumstances. We choose 3 of them at the end, but only one from each category (So you can't have both, you must choose 2 more from another category). But don't worry about it now, I will suggest a few to you in the last step.

By class I was wondering if they were rich or poor? Close to nobility? This would have to be before they moved out to be pioneers, where generally your social class is that of a farmer and hunter. I guess I answered my own question.

The question of if you will encounter undead is one you must answer yourself. In the wilderness you grew up there was generally none, but your training as a cleric may or may not have prepared you to fight them.
Since you've changed to worship Erastil (Why?), you don't have access to the Healing Domain and cannot be a Merciful Healer archetype.
Archetypes are in the Ultimate Combat rules.

15 point buy is not adding 15 points to the abilities of 10 flat out. Otherwise, you could have ability scores of 18 very easily. There's a table that equates number of points to the ability score it gives in the Getting Started rules. All I needed was your priority, so I propose (After the elven bonus of +2 Dexterity, +2 Intellignece, -2 Constitution)
Wisdom: 16 (10 points)
Dexterity: 14 (2 points, +2 elves)
Constitution: 12 (5 points, - 2 elves)
Charisma: 12 (2 points)
Intelligence: 10 (-2 points, +2 elves)
Strength: 8 (-2 points)
If you want.

So your background is complete. Please confirm the choice of your deity and Ability scores.

11th Jul, 2013 - 6:47am / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ability scores are great, I was trying to see if I would get how the point system worked (Obviously I failed). Changed deity because under cleric description it said he was the main god for clerics? I can change it back. I was trying to look smart! laugh.gif I would prefer to stick with original said deity! (Sarenrae) Didn't know that there was a difference. Just was unsure how to put it into my background how I came to follow her? Ideas? Thank you for your patience with me and all your help, I really do appreciate it! Did you get the reference to my new name? I was trying to be smart again! Archetype cleric sounds better to me, from what I read there's more live enemies in the region then undead.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 11th Jul, 2013 - 6:52am

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2013 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

Page 3 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Icon I think that will work and yes I am still interested in trying this game. I will go look in the game thread.

13th Jul, 2013 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

Canabusis,
You could have come to follow Sarenrae after being admitted to their temple for healing right after the attack that took your parents and seeing the good work they did for you, you were inspired to do the same for others. I don't get the new reference, and it's a very nice name. I'm so sorry for the following block of text. Here's the character about 3/4 done:

Shivas Shanti
Elf, Cleric(Merciful Healer) of Sarenrae 1
Lawful Good, Medium, Humanoid (Elf)
Initiative: +2, Senses: Low-light vision, Perception: +5

DEFENSE
AC: 12, Flat-footed: 10, Touch: 12 (+? Armor, +2 Dexterity)
HP: 9 (1d8+1)
Fortitude: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +5 (All saves +2 vs Enchantment)
Immunity: Sleep

OFFENSE
Speed: 30'
Melee: ?
Ranged: ?
Special Attacks: channel positive energy 4/day ([-]DC 11[-], 1d6, healing only)
Domains: Healing
Domain Spell-like Abilities: 6/day-rebuke death
Spells: (Caster Level 1st, +2 to overcome Spell Resistance)
1st - ?
0 (At will) - ?
Weapon Familiarity: Elf

STATISTICS
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 10 (0)
Charisma: 12 (+1)
Base Attack Bonus +0;
Combat Maneuver Bonus -1;
Combat Maneuver Defense 11
Feats: ?
Skills: ? (+2 Spellcraft to identify items)
Languages: Common, Elven
Special Qualities: Aura (Law, Good), Spontaneous Casting, Combat Medic
Gear: ?

Desrciption of abilities:

Channel Energy (Su)
Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (Either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier. Creatures healed by channel energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total-all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect.
A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability.

Weapon Familiarity
Elves are proficient with longbows (Including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (Including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word "elven" in its name as a martial weapon.

Rebuke Death (Sp):
You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it for 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Spontaneous Casting
A good cleric (Or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can "lose" any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (A cure spell is any spell with "cure" in its name).

Combat Medic (Ex)
A merciful healer does not provoke attacks of opportunity when using the Heal skill to stabilize another creature or casting healing spells.

The next step is to pick Skills and Feats and roll for starting wealth.

From Skills, you receive 3 ranks (2 from Cleric and 1 from Favoured Class Bonus). This is different to skills in Dungeons & Dragons since you can pick any skill you want, but class skills give you a flat +3 if you put a rank in it. The cleric's class skills are Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy ([Charisma]), Heal ([Wisdom]), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (History) (Int), Knowledge (Nobility) (Int), Knowledge (Planes) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession ([Wisdom]), Sense Motive ([Wisdom]), and Spellcraft (Int). Most of the skills are trained-only, so you can only use them with a rank in it. The untrained skills are Appraise, Diplomacy, Heal and Sense Motive, meaning you can use them even without ranks.

I recommend taking 3 trained-only skills, but if you want to take Heal for the +3 bonus, I can understand. Note that the Heal skill is used to stop bleeding, give long-term care and treat diseases and poisons. It isn't used to boost magical healing.
If you pick Craft of Profession, pick a type of item that Shivas can make, or a job she's good at.

For Feats I recommend one of:
Toughness - Self-explanatory, 3 extra HP, then additional 1 per level at level 4, good for survivability.
Spell focus (School) - Extra training with Transmutation for example, or Divination, etc. +1 to save DC of that school.
Extra Channel - 2 extra uses of Channel per day, great healing, not so great in a party of 2.
Endurance - adds to the pioneer backstory. You're used to the wild and get bonuses as well as the ability to sleep in medium armor.
Stable Gallop - bonuses to ranged and concentration if you stay mounted on a horse.

Also you should consider Selective Channel, but you cannot pick it yet due to a charisma under 13. Build towards it, get charisma bonuses later on.

For starting Wealth, clerics roll 4d6 × 10 gp. You can use this to buy equipment, weapons, armor. If you need help with that as well, just post. Clerics can use Light and Medium armor, Shields (Except tower shields), Simple weapons as well as deity's favoured weapon (Sarenrae grants Scimitar training) and being an elf gives you the weapon familiarity written above.

13th Jul, 2013 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

For my skills I think I want to pick Heal, Knowledge (Arcana), and Craft (Can I build carts?) Are those choses good ones? For Feats I would like to pick Toughness (You can pick other feats as you progress in game?).
Wealth Roll(4d6)+0:4,6,6,3,+0Total:19 x 10 = 190
(I don't have my own dice yet used automated dice roller, copied and pasted).
Thank you for the idea for my background introducing my Goddess, I will add that to my background.
If you can give me a reference to where I can buy equipment etc. I would appreciate it. (Looking for the proper place on the pathfinder site can be very confusing.) However you would like to handle that part is entirely up to you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jul, 2013 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 3

Game Master says...

Those skills are fine, and yes you get a feat every 2nd level. First, Third, Fifth, etc.

Shivas Shanti
Elf, Cleric(Merciful Healer) of Sarenrae 1
Lawful Good, Medium, Humanoid (Elf)
Initiative: +2, Senses: Low-light vision, Perception: +5

DEFENSE
AC: 12, Flat-footed: 10, Touch: 12 (+? Armor, +2 Dexterity)
HP: 12 (1d8+1+3)
Fortitude: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +5 (All saves +2 vs Enchantment)
Immunity: Sleep

OFFENSE
Speed: 30'
Melee: ?
Ranged: ?
Special Attacks: channel positive energy 4/day ([-]DC 11[-], 1d6, healing only)
Domains: Healing
Domain Spell-like Abilities: 6/day-rebuke death
Spells: (Caster Level 1st, +2 to overcome Spell Resistance)
1st - ?
0 (At will) - ?
Weapon Familiarity: Elf

STATISTICS
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 10 (0)
Charisma: 12 (+1)
Base Attack Bonus +0;
Combat Maneuver Bonus -1;
Combat Maneuver Defense 11
Feats: Toughness
Skills: Craft (Carts) +4, Heal +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, (+2 Spellcraft to identify items)
Languages: Common, Elven
Special Qualities: Aura (Law, Good), Spontaneous Casting, Combat Medic
Gear: Horse, 190 gp

Equipment can be found at Source 4 or an expanded and confusing list of everything at the unofficial site Source 5.
I recommend starting with Scale Mail armor, a Scimitar and a simple ranged weapon (Or longbow or shortbow due to being elven but you have a strength penalty to damage) of your choice continuing from there until you are satisfied and keeping any unspent gold as money.

And finally, Spells and Traits.

Clerics can prepare absolutely ANY spell except for opposing alignment spells (Chaos and Evil in this case). This restricts you from picking Curse Water, Animate Dead, etc and you can only protect yourself from Evil and Chaos (Cannot cast Protection from Good/Law). Its quite obvious which spells are evil.
Each day in game, I will ask you to give me the list of prepared spells. Easy!

So you have one Trait, Pioneer, out of three. To fit with your theme, I suggest two of:
Blessed Touch
Blade of Mercy
Wanderlust
Forlorn (Elf)
Or any other traits you feel are right. Also for Pioneer you must choose which one of the 7 skills listed you want for the bonus.

And then We'll be finished and I can start you at wherever you choose your character currently is. I assume at your own lodge in the Gronzi Forest which is House Medvyed's lands.

14th Jul, 2013 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Here's what I have come up with...
As for traits I choose Blessed touch, and Forlorn.
For equipment...
Scimitar 1d4 (4 lbs.) 15gp
Longbow 1d6 (3 lbs.) 75gp
Arrows (20) (3lbs.) 1gp
Dagger 1d3 (1 lbs.) 2gp
Scale mail (30 lbs.) 50gp
Back pack (2 lbs.) 2gp
Blanket, winter (3 lbs.) 5sp
Canvas (5 sq. Yards) (5 lbs.) 5sp
Fishhook (5) (-lbs.) 5sp
Flint & Steel (-lbs.) 1gp
Soap (1lbs.) 5sp
Water skin (4lbs.) 1gp
Whetstone (1lbs.) 2cp
Cleric's Vestments (6lbs.) 5gp
Cold Weather Outfit (7lbs.) 8gp
Rations (2 days) (2lbs.) 10sp
Holy Symbol, wood (-lbs.) 1gp
Tinderwig (3) (-lbs.) 3gp
Saddle bags (8lbs.) 4gp
(I think I calculated my gp right? Remaining money:
18gp 9sp 8cp)
Total weight 80 lbs.
How much weight can I carry before I am over encumbered?

(I assume I have a horse being that you have one on the character sheet part under equipment.)
So under pioneer skills I believe I want ride.
Do I need a saddle? Also in the equipment information it shows different kinds of horses, which kind is the one I have?
If you could send me a link to cleric spells or spells in general so that I might copy them to a information document I'm creating for my own easy reference I would appreciate it.
One more question, What materials would I need in game to make a cart for my craft? So I would know whether or not I would have the resources to do so.
Thank you very much for your help, I don't feel nearly as confused by making a character as I did in the Dungeons & Dragons Role-playing Games . You have been more help then I could have hoped for.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (48) »

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.