ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 5 of 48

Hi, I'd like to present my character - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Aug, 2013 - 9:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2013 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 5

I think I will stick with my favored enemy for now if it is ok with you. If you wish me to change I can look more into it.

Sponsored Links:
30th Jul, 2013 - 10:27am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

Anoki
An interesting class to choose for a goblin. Well made character as well.

For stealth, you do add the additional 4, total 10 (This is why goblins make great rogues). Also, the listed Ride skill is broken and also at +4 racial. To add these, above the feats list is a column labelled "Skill modifiers". Click the diamonds and set ride and stealth to 4.

Additionally, you get to choose 3 traits. The Player's guide contains campaign traits which you can pick 1 of, and check D20PFSRD (Unofficial SRD) for 2 other of different categories. To make it easy, browse by title to avoid a lot of reading wink.gif. Some of the goblin racial traits sound particularly fun. Ugly Swine (Goblin) in particular could explain how you avoided detection is cities. However, they have to be added manually after generating character sheet.

27 is a rather old goblin, who have the age progression of Adulthood 12 years, Middle Age 20 years, Old 30 years, Venerable 40 years, Maximum Age 40 + 1d20 years.

For your Armor Check Penalty of -4, you will have to add that each time you roll any skill with an asterisk next to it.

Being at Medium load will have no effect, since you take the worse check penalty and Max Dexterity Bonus from either the medium load or Scale Armor, and Scale armor has greater limits.

However the build as a whole does appear sub-optimal. If you are going fighter just to be the tank in melee, consider also the Cavalier. However the story as you wrote does sound more like a rogue, which is the best choice. If you want the challenge, however, I won't stop you.

KNtoran
It's your decision, I've told you what I will. Remember, as we'll have a goblin PC, that it means you have a better understanding of the creature physiology and psychology that help in combat, tracking, etc. And not necessarily a hatred of them (Unless you want your character to).

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2013 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I agree that a rogue would be much easier to play as but every goblin PC is a rogue these days. You ruled out my spell caster idea, and I can not think of a monk build for a goblin with only 15 points. We have ranger and cleric, so that leaves fighter or barbarian. Now I laughed at the idea of a 3 foot barbarian that can pack a punch and drew some ideas from my head but nothing stuck. Yes the fighter doesn't seem suiting which is where I got stuck then I though for a moment.... Why not just give him a reach weapon that can trip [horsechopper/halberd] (Mentioned in pathfinder as made for goblins), combat reflexes, improved trip and make him a battlefield controller. I took the spiked gauntlet in case something got within 5' of me and I couldn't use a reach weapon. But only now did I realize that a small character will take penalties in trip and disarm no matter how many feats I bloat him with...

My problem with the cavalier is that Goblins do not like dogs or horses, I highly doubt you would let me take a worg or a wolf at 1st level, so that leaves what a mule? Actually I would do this if you let me pay for the stats of an ordinary mount and we just called it by the name of goblindog, (Actually featured in pathfinder as goblin mounts) they look like dogs but they have heads of rats. However if you allowed this I would have to change my feats and also change my primary weapon to a lance, using a dogslicer (Short sword) as my secondary when I'm off my mount. And then I wouldn't need my spiked gauntlet anymore.

I corrected my original character sheet on my computer but I won't post it until we both agree on an idea. I am up for a challenge but I prefer flavor to cliche, let me know what tips / suggestions you got so we can wrap this up.

Regardless of my class I will take that ugly swine trait, I found several others I like too but they may alter depending on the final details of my class.

Edit: for age I will be 16 then, I could not find a good source on this. My apologies.

If you can think of a good way to make a goblin monk not die than please let me know. I think it would be hilarious and fun to play. I was thinking maybe throwing shurikens at a distance stacked with fury of blows (I remember reading somewhere that this is allowed for monks) but the problem is their only dump stat is charisma. I can just forsee too many weak points to make it worth building.

On a side note, a bard may work for goblins despite their ugly looks.

Reconcile Edited: Anoki on 30th Jul, 2013 - 10:16pm

31st Jul, 2013 - 6:53am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 5 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

Firstly, yes rogues are cliche, but within goblin nature. I completely understand why you don't want one.

If and only if you want a cavalier, the goblin dog is avaliable. It will take a modified use of Improved Familiar feat to have a worg as a mount.

It's now up to you to post a character based on your coice.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2013 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

I have decided to go cavalier. However the most challenging obstacles have been back-story for a goblin "Knight" And weapon selection. I would like to choose the guisarme for reach while still seeming like a mounted melee weapon. 1d6x3 slashing. But I'm still trying to figure out how I can deal with opponents within a 5 foot range, possibly the spiked gauntlet again.
For my order I am leaning towards dragon or shield
My traits are Heirloom Weapon, Ugly swine, and a campaign trait that ties into my story (Or I'll find a combat trait that flows well)

- Oh and a question, would a goblindog be a dead giveaway to my heritage? If so I will choose a wolf as my mount (Suggested as 1st level mount for small characters and can help me trip / flank better than a goblindog I think)

I have my character rolled, just working on selecting an order and finishing my back story, I will post the end result after work tomorrow, as its getting late tonight and I have to be up early for work.

1st Aug, 2013 - 7:13am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

Well, you can have the goblin dog or wolf, if necessary you could've put cheap barding on the animal to disguise it. From what I can tell, your character tended to live on the fringes of cities, escaping most notice anyway.

Both Shield and Dragon orders are good for this campaign, I would lean towards Dragon for at least the first few levels, just for the survival aspect. Perception is a great skill as well. We may get more players later on, mitigating the usefulness of the order of the shield, but that's a big if.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2013 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 5

Ok My character will not have a hatred for goblins but he will be more cautious around them for all the things the race has done in the past. While Theaton knows not all people and creatures are always evil their actions will be observed to find out in which direction they have taken.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2013 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Hi, I'd like to present my character Crixicus the Monk for validation. I am new to play and post games, so bear with me. If I understand correctly, I am to post my character, which I've generated. I wasn't sure about the 15 point buy, so please advise, if I did it incorrectly.

Here he is:

Crixius the Monk, Lawful Neutral

Crixicus was born a servant into a wealthy family dedicated to pious belief in their gods. This family was murdered before his eyes by brigands, except for a young child he'd helped raise. His last sight before being bludgeoned unconscious was her frightened face before a burlap bag enveloped her. As a young man he wandered from place to place, searching for this child, but in vain. In time, he entered a monastery dedicated to the undermining of the gods. He learned to curse negligent divinities whenever their names arose, vowing never to give them credence. The pain of his former life eventually faded, and he now lives for the virtues of martial perfection, the graces of the occasional free-thinking woman, and the spiritual excesses of wine and blood.

Basic Description: 6'1, 210 lbs, early 20s, lean and lanky, cauliflower ears, missing one bottom tooth, dark skin and hair.

HP: 7
XP: 0
AB: 0

Strength: 17 | 3
Dexterity: 16 | 3
Constitution:9 | - 1
Intelligence:10 | 0
Wisdom: 12 | 1
Charisma: 11 | 0

Fortitude: 2 + -1 = 1
Reflex: 2 + 3 = 5
Will: 2 + 1 = 3
Initiative: 3 + = 3
Melee: 0 + 3 + 0 = 3
Ranged 0 + 3 = 3

Armor Class: 3 + 10 + 1 = 14

Skills:

Balance 4 + 3 = 7
Hide 4 + 3 = 7
Jump 2 + 3 = 5
Move silently 4 + 3 = 7
Profession 4 + 1 = 5
Tumble 6 + 3 = 9

Equipment:

Morningstar 1d8 (1)
Javelin 1d6 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Grappling hook 4lb (1)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Tent 20lb (1)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Monk's outfit 2lb (1)

Feats/Specials:

Acrobatic
Combat reflexes
Improved unarmed strike
Flurry of blows, unarmed strike

Languages:

Common

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (48) »

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.