ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 43 of 48

Still getting familiar with setting for the - Page 43 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Nov, 2016 - 7:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 48 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 43

All righty then, I'm interested in rolling up a character myself. Fairly well familiar with the system, so you shouldn't have to hold my hand.

Looks like the group has plenty of muscle, but is a little light on Divine Magic, so I'm thinking Oracle for that and other reasons. A few queries:
-I presume based on earlier posts and the level of current players that I'd be starting at L4. Let me know if otherwise.
-What kind of equipment budget can I begin with? The standard WBL table entry would suit me fine, just need to know.
-In regards to races, you mentioned that any featured races other than core in the setting were available, but I don't see anything mentioned in the Kingmaker PDF other than the core races. Am I missing something? I'm not yearning for anything particularly exotic, just want to know the options.
-Finally, other than racial restrictions, are there any limits on available PF material?

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2016 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

I think I'll actually start you out at level 6, despite what's written in the first post. I don't want you to fall into any perceived 'missing role' but would prefer you to play what you like and think sounds interesting.

I believe that half WBL would be fairer due to the party's current equipment and nature of the adventure. It would be less if you pick a powerful race, because I arbitrarily said so.

Races native to Avistan would be those without oriental flavour - but now I see this is unjustified as it's not difficult to get to Brevoy across the north pole. Common races would fit best in a settlement led by 3 humans and a half-elf. Another excellent fit will be kobolds (The party came across a Black-scaled tribe). Other possibilities include fey and to a small extent centaurs.

I want you only to be limited by imagination (However Paizo sources make it easy to adjudicate, doubly so if they're Pathfinder Society legal).

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 15th Nov, 2016 - 3:31pm

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oh I am picking what I find interesting, its just that a part of my selection process is a strong preference to offer something at least relatively unique to the group. Never played a pure divine caster before, and the Oracle curses sound like good RP fuel to me. Might go for Haunted, and constantly have a poltergeist effect going to freak people out with.

I am inclined to ask though, are you aware of any features that would let an Oracle cast from Wisdom rather than Charisma? Already playing a party face type in the 5E game, so I'm more thinking insightful counselor than inspiring preacher type for this guy. I realize I could just play a cleric for that effect, but they're just a little too high on my OP meter.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Nov, 2016 - 4:11pm

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 43 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Is there room for another character in this game? I've never played Pathfinder but I've been reading along the last few weeks. This looks like a really good campaign. I'm thinking of playing a barbarian. I've never played a fighter type character before and think this could offer some fun role play opportunities. You have answered most of my questions in your response to Daishain.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Kyr, some primary differences between 3.5 and PF you'll want to be aware of when making a character aside from general rebalancing of classes and features:

-you can invest in crossclass skills just as easily as class ones (No more half ranks). Class skills instead gain a +3 bonus if you have at least one rank in them. In exchange, there is no longer a x4 bonus to skill points at first level.
-Cantrips and Orisons (Level 0 spells) are now at will, you never run out.
-favored classes no longer have an impact on multiclassing. Instead you gain 1 skill point or 1 HP (Your choice), when progressing your favored class.
-You now gain a feat every odd level
-Several skills have been streamlined, for instance move silently and hide have been combined into the stealth skill.
-Each class has optional archetype choices, which can modify how they work. For instance, a Fighter who picks the "Cad" archetype loses most of his armor proficiencies among other things, but gains a variety of dirty fighting techniques in exchange
-Actions such as tripping and grappling have been considerably simplified, and use a single pair of contested numbers. (Look up CMB and CMD for further details)
-Concentration checks are considerably tougher, which helps keep high level mages in check.

16th Nov, 2016 - 10:18am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Master says...

Daishin, so I take it you would like the effect of being haunted, while casting spontaneously using wisdom. While it's not divine, the Spiritualist psychic class sounds like a good fit. Another option is the Shaman, but it's a prepared caster. For a bit of religious flavour, consider the Deific Obediance feat and the prestige classes that have it as a prerequisite.

Unfortunately, this doesn't come with the curse and the only way I can see it working is if you take 1 level of Oracle. You still get the benefits at half the rate as you earn levels.

Kyrroeth, yes, I think I can manage 6 players. Like the Kingmaker Player's Guide suggests, you can be from Numeria, a land of crazy and wonderful tech, or Iobaria, a frozen and plague-riddled land. There are plenty of other options as well, depending on what kind of character you want.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2016 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 43

Here's a rough background idea to start with. Jesla is 21. She is a human Kellid barbarian from Numeria. She left Numeria with two close friends five years before. They were disgusted with the Technic League holding sway over the Kellids there. She despises technology and magic and thinks it is dishonorable what is happening in Numeria. They left to seek adventure and to slay powerful foes. Their group went to Brevoy hoping to find some sort of mercenary work into the wilds. Jesla is the last left of the three that departed Numeria. She stands 5 ft 10 and weighs 150. She has Raven black hair and green eyes.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2016 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 43

Still getting familiar with setting for the sake of background, but here's the mechanics I've got set for your approval. I like him, but for the gods' sake, don't let a grappler near tongue.gif

Kresnik, male Gnome, age 107
L6 Oracle, XP 23000
Mystery: Heavens
Archetype: Spirit Guide (Default bound spirit: Ancestor, can change daily)

AC 22/14/20, HP 39, Init +2, BAB+4, CMB+1, CMD14, Fort+4, Ref+5, Will+8, speed 20
Strength 6(-2), Dexterity 14(+2), Con 12(+1), Int 12(+1), Wisdom 13(+1), Charisma 18(+4) (Racial, -2 Strength, +2 Con/Charisma, Age -1 Physical, +1 Mental)

Racial Abilities:
Small- +1 AC&attack, +4 stealth, -1 CMB&CMD
Illusion resistance/Keen Senses/Obsessive- +2 to saves on Illusion effects, and Perception and Craft (Alchemy) checks
Gnome Magic- +1 to DC of Illusion spells, bonus spells
Eternal Hope- +2 to saves vs fear, 1/day upon rolling a 1 on a d20, may reroll.
Fey Thoughts- Stealth and Use Magic Device are class skills
Low light vision- can see twice as far in dim light

Class Skills: Craft, Diplomacy, Fly, Heal, Knowledge(All), Perception, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Stealth, Survival, Use Magic Device
Invested Skills: Craft(Alchemy) 6(12), Diplomacy 6(13), Fly 6(10), Heal 1(5), Knowledge(All) 1(7), Profession(All) 0(3), Linguistics 1(2), Perception 1(7), Sense Motive 1(5), Spellcraft 1(5), Stealth 1(10), Survival 1(5), Use Magic Device 1(8)
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Elven, Celestial

Feats:
-Bouncing Spell: Metamagic, +1 SL, as swift action, redirect target of spell if initial target resists
-Extra Revelation: gain additional relevation
-Breadth of Experience: +2 bonus to all knowledge and profession checks, can make them untrained

Traits:
-Excitable: +2 to initiative
-Carefully Hidden (Via Adopted): +1 to Will Saves, +2 vs Divination effects
-Focused Mind: +2 to concentration checks

Relevations and default Hex:
-Lure of the Heavens(Su): do not leave tracks, can hover up to 6 inches above ground or liquid
-Awesome Display(Su): Creatures affected by illusion pattern spells are treated as if their HD was reduced by an amount equal to Kresnik's Charisma mod
-Intercessor(Su): Can query humanoid and monstrous humanoid corpses as with Speak With Dead spell, but only for one question. Ability cannot be used on corpse more than once.

Curse: Haunted
Drawback: retrieving items takes a standard action, dropped items fall ten feet away at random. Wierd poltergeist fluff effects.
Benefit: bonus spells

Spells: (* Mystery Spells, ' Curse spells, " Spirit spells, - Gnome Spells)
0th (U/day)-Create Water, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound'-, Light, Mage Hand', Mending, Prestidigitation- Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
1st (7/day)-Bless, Color Spray*, Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Speak with Animals-, Unseen Servant"
2nd (6/day)-Calm Emotions, Hypnotic Pattern*, Levitate', Minor Image', Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon"
3rd (4/day)-Daylight*, Heroism", Prayer

Gear: Masterwork Mithral Breastplate, buckler, morningstar, light crossbow, Animal Harness, Exotic Saddle(Gecko), Studded Leather Barding (Gecko), Ring of Protection +1, Cloak of Resistance+1, Amulet of Natural Armor+1
Gold: 213

Mount: "Sticky", Combat Trained Riding Gecko, AC 17/12/15, HP 11, Fort+4, Ref+5, Will+2, speed 40', climb 40', Climbskill+21, Perception+6, Expert Climber- geckos are treated as though under a permanent Spider Climb effect.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Nov, 2016 - 7:50pm

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.