ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 44 of 48

Icon, here is my character sheet submitted - Page 44 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Nov, 2016 - 10:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 48 pgs.  40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
17th Nov, 2016 - 6:40am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 44

Game Master says...

Kyrroeth, that character concept sounds great. So will she will be more like a refugee or will it be more of a walkabout/pilgrimage/spirit journey?

With there being 3 kinds of magic on Golarion, arcane, divine and psychic, does she hate all 3 kinds? Does she make any distinction between different kinds of technology? How about alchemy?

And to fit better into the style of this campaign, does she have any grand plans, like a rebellion against the Technic League? Or a restoration of plant life in the polluted deserts?

Daishin, that is a cool build, very involved. You seem experienced enough to handle what effectively is 3 spell lists, good luck with that! I would suggest putting the gnome Spell-like abilities separate, so nobody gets confused and so you can also remember they require no components to cast.

I will have to fully approve the build later, for the moment I can see you have spent too many points on ability scores (17 including race and age), or maybe you forgot the 4th level ability increase and spent 20. I decided on a 15 point buy for this campaign, as recommended. Also, I didn't mention it before, but Variant Multiclassing could let you lose feats for the oracle curse and related powers, but it looks like it's too late now.

Gnomes can come from many of the cities, however there is a nearby mining and smithing town, Jovvox, to the south that is predominantly gnomes with a few halflings and other races. They produce low quality weapons sold both to revolutionaries in Galt and to Aldori escapees in Mivon who fight against Pitax.

Further away and deeper within the River Kingdoms is also Uringen, the semi-present town, which houses 2-5% gnomes looking to figure out why part of the town periodically disappears into a pocket dimension between the material plane and the First World, realm of the fey.

To better fit into the campaign, will your character have any grand plans?

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 17th Nov, 2016 - 6:42am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Icon, she will be a walk about basically. She plans to gather strength and overthrow the Technic League eventually. She distrusts all magic but arcane is the most objectionable. Jesla distrusts technology more advanced than primitive. She loathes technology such as The Technic League represent which she sees as unnatural. I'm thinking about playing her as the moon cursed archetype from the Pathfinder Horror book. The shape shifters seem much more balanced in Pathfinder than in 3.5. Will that be ok?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Nov, 2016 - 7:05am

17th Nov, 2016 - 8:04am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

While not familiar with Horror Adventures (Yet), that sounds like a great character! I can't wait to see which animal you pick to transform into, they all seem like good fits (Crocodile not so much, and shark only every so often).

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 44 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Ooh, Var multiclassing, I forgot about that mechanic, my last PF Dungeon Master ran a strict core only campaign, so I'm getting reacquainted with more exotic options. Mind if I tack on Bard with that? The flavor would suit him, and I'd basically be exchanging the Breadth of Knowledge feat out for Bardic Knowledge, with inspiring songs coming in next level. It would make a little more sense to have him tacking on Alchemist, but that's a particularly involved system, and I've got enough going on as it stands.

As for the point buy, I double checked, and think I have it right. Here's the breakdown. If I missed something and am still over the limit, I'll drop Dexterity down by 2 and thus free up 4 points for use elsewhere, minus the excess of course.

10str -1PB -2Ra -1Ag 6total
10dex +5(7)PB -1Ag 14total
10con +1PB +2Ra -1Ag 12total
10Int +1PB +1Ag 12total
10wis +2PB +1Ag 13total
10cha +4(5)PB +2Ra +1Ag +1L4 18total

PB total cost: 15

As for background, I actually already had my eye on Uringen. With him having been raised there, and making a living as an alchemist for most of his life. The mixed blessing represented by the spirits that both vex and empower him came in recent years.

With your permission, I had thought to make said spirits have more in the way of strength and influence in places with a strong connection to the First World. This is the biggest part of why he fled his home.

In regards to ambitions, his greatest currently involve getting the voices in his head to shut the hell up. He's currently stuck between trying to gain enough power/ability/knowledge to shut them out for good, and finding means to satisfy their demands, which mostly represent the ambitions of the Fey in this realm. (And by all means, feel more than free to use either as a plot hook).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Nov, 2016 - 2:36pm

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2016 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Icon I am letting you know I am activating my third gem in your campaign. I will let you decide how you want to go about it. Thanks.

19th Nov, 2016 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

Daishin
You're right on the point buy, sorry. Too many modifiers to not write down!
I think tacking on Bard would be involved too, and some people might not even notice the bard songs. If you really wanted a knowledge based character the Lore Oracle would be simpler. But your plan is fine if you can cope with me questioning how you got such high skills every time you level up.
Regarding the spirits, that can work for fey, as they can be tricksters and sometimes outright evil. The First World also lacks permanent death for its natural residents - that would have to tie in to your spirits somehow. While I by default think of spirits as ghosts of the dead, they can also be tied to areas or to concepts as anthropomorphisms.

KNtoran
That gem's ability as it is written is fine. I'm interpreting it as a single arrow shot (Even an iterative one as part of a full attack) that doesn't roll to hit, and does the arrow's maximum damage, including all modifiers, times 2. Precision damage like sneak attack isn't multiplied, as usual. Same deal with creatures with no discernible anatomy - if they're immune to critical hits they treat that shot as a normal hit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 44

Yeah, when I settled on Gnome, I decided that something of a nontraditional haunting would be amusing, given your approval of course. Instead of dead spirits hanging around, in his case it is a bit more like he carries a shard of the feywild around with him, and gets to put up with the weirdness that comes with it. Same mechanical effect of course.

And not really going for a knowledge based character, just looking to have enough to those skills to be an asset in that regard, if not to as great a degree as someone specializing in that. Spirit Guide already gave me all the K skills as class skills, might as well capitalize a bit.

In any case, filling out the official character sheet. I did settle on a few changes while waiting for your response. Basically dropping Dexterity a bit in favor of Wisdom and Int, and tweaking trait/feats.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Nov, 2016 - 5:22pm

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2016 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 44

Icon, here is my character sheet submitted for your approval. She doesn't have a high enough intelligence to speak an extra language. She speaks common. How about Hallit, the language for the Kellid tribe? Would that be considered an subset of common or would she just not speak it?

+  « First of 48 pgs.  40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.