ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 9 of 48

They are indeed created by other users and - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Mar, 2014 - 12:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 48 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
14th Sep, 2013 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 9

Game Master says...

Sorry about the wait, and thanks for posting.

Very solid back-story, it will place you in the perfect position to start the campaign. You will be starting on your estate which is by a small forest West by Northwest of Restov, North of the Narlmarches. The forest is 10 miles in diameter, and is separated from the great Narlmarches Forest by 50 miles.

Firstly your Ability scores are little too high, maybe you rolled them. I am using 15 point buy which is a little complex, but explained in the Creating a Character section of the rule-book, under Ability Scores. The Character generator linked in the first post of his topic may help wrap your head around it.

With Hide Armour equipped, your AC and Flat-footed AC should be a bit higher, and your (Unlisted) speed reduced from 30 to 20 feet.

Since you have a a negative Intelligence modifier, I'm afraid you only get 2 skill ranks. A Fighter gets 2 + Intelligence modifier (-1 in this case), then for being Human you gain +1 from Skilled. You got the Fighter bonus feat correct, but you also get another one for being human (Human fighters are the only character to choose 3 feats at level 1).

Lastly you get to choose three Traits. A maximum of only one from each category. They are fully explained on the d20pfsrd linked in the first post. There are many more than this, but I'll present a selection based on the background you chose

COMBAT
Axe to grind
Careful Combatant
Fencer
Tactician

SOCIAL
Friends in High Places
Rich Parents

RACE
Bred for War
Colonial Entitlement
Horse Lord
Masterful Demeanor
Trailblazer
Trifler

REGIONAL
Noble
Swordsman's Page

CAMPAIGN
Rostlander
Noble Born(Medvyed)
Noble Born(Surtova)

Also you can optionally choose a religion or have multiple or none. Erastil is popular in the area, and is the elk-headed deity of hunting, frontiers, family, trading and farming. He's Lawful Good. Also popular in the rest of the nation are Abadar (Lawful Neutral, deity of cities, wealth and law), Gorum (Chaotic Neutral god of war) and Pharasma (True Neutral goddess of death, birth and fate).

When you post the correction up, I'll take your character sheet and make it more detailed.

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2013 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

I read about the 15 point buy and now I understand. I changed my abilities to match the 15 point buy system and gave myself a 10 in intelligence so as not lose a skill. I think I corrected everything, but let me know if there is something I missed.

Tarak Galaviel
Male Human Fighter
Alignment- Lawful Good
Age- 20
Height- 6"2"
Weight- 220lbs.
Hair- long, brown, and straight
Eyes- Blue
HP-12

Strength- 17=15+2(Human ability bonus)
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 10
Wisdom- 10
Charisma- 13

Saves:
Fortitude- +1
Reflex- +1
Will- +0

Movement Speed- 20

CMD- 15
CMB- 7
BAB-4
Initiative- 1

AC-15
Touch- 11
Flat Footed- 14

Skills:
Handle Animal
Heal
Ride

Feats:
Simple Weapon Prof.
Martial Weapon Prof.
Light Armor Prof.
Medium Armor Prof.
Heavy Armor Prof.
Combat Reflexes
Power Attack
Animal Affinity

Traits:
Axe to Grind
Bred for War
Swordsman's Page

Starting Gold- 180gp
Greataxe
Short Bow
20 arrows
Hide armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
Common Lamp
Hemp Rope, 50ft
Soap
Water Skin
Whetstone
Cold-Weather Outfit
Flint and Steel
4 Bread loaves
2 Cheese Hunks
Light Horse
Riding Saddle
Bit and Bridle

Current Money- 19gp 5sp

15th Sep, 2013 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Your HP wasn't changed with your new Constitution and Fort save hasn't included your fighter bonus. Base Attack Bonus should only be +1 at first level as a Fighter and your only language is Common. All is adjusted already.

Sorry the items are a bit unreadable, I had to transfer it from a spreadsheet. By my calculations you had a little too much gold left after buying equipment, so it is adjusted.

Also, some additional details like the names of your parents, siblings and horse always help immerse into the story.

Tarak Galaviel
Male Human Fighter
Alignment- Lawful Good
Age- 20
Height- 6"2"
Weight- 220lbs.
Hair- long, brown, and straight
Eyes- Blue
HP-11

Ability- Score (Modifier)
Strength- 17 (+2)
Dexterity- 12 (+1)
Constitution- 13 (+1)
Intelligence- 10 (0)
Wisdom- 10 (0)
Charisma- 13 (+1)

Saves:
Fortitude- +3
Reflex- +1
Will- +0

Movement Speed- 20

CMD- 15
CMB- +4 = +1 [BAB] +2 [Strength] +1 [Trait]
BAB- +1
Initiative- +1

AC- 15
Touch- 11
Flat Footed- 14

Skills:
Skill +Roll = Ranks + Ability + Misc
Handle Animal +7 = 1 +1 [Charisma] +3 [Class] +2 [Feat]
Heal +4 = 1 +0 [Wisdom] +3 [Class]
Ride +4 = 1 +1[Dexterity] +3[Class] +2 [Feat] -3 [Armor Check Penalty]

Languages:
Common

Feats:
Simple Weapon Prof.
Martial Weapon Prof.
Light Armor Prof.
Medium Armor Prof.
Heavy Armor Prof.
Combat Reflexes
Power Attack
Animal Affinity

Traits:
Axe to Grind
Bred for War
Swordsman's Page

Item, Value (Gp), Weight (Lbs)
Greataxe, 20, 12
Short Bow, 30, 2
20 arrows, 1, 3
Hide armor, 15, 25
Backpack, 2, 2
Bedroll, 0.1, 5
Winter Blanket, 0.5, 3
Common Lamp, 1, 1
Hemp Rope, 50ft, 1, 10
Soap, 0.01, 0.5
Water Skin, 1, 4
Whetstone, 0.02, 1
Cold-Weather Outfit, 8, 7
Flint and Steel, 1, 0
Bread loaves, 0.02, 0.5 (X4)
Cheese Hunks, 0.1, 0.5 (X2)

Light Horse, 75, 600
Riding Saddle, 10, 25
Bit and Bridle, 2, 1

Current Money- 12gp 1sp

Total Weight carried 78.5 lbs

Carrying Capacity
Light Load 86 lbs. Or less
Medium Load 87-173 lbs.
Heavy Load 174-260 lbs.
Lift (Overload) 520 lbs.
Push/Drag 1300 lbs.

Horse Weight carried 26 lbs (Not including rider)
Carrying Capacity
Lots!

And with this, you can begin posting in the Main Game thread.

It was about midday on the cold day of Sunday the 27th of Calistril (Equivalent of February) when Tarak spotted the lone rider, galloping towards his parents' estate. He decided to head out and meet them at the gate. The woman was clad in natural colored brown and green clothes and he dismounted and passed a rolled parchment through the slit in the gate, briskly saying "My master requires an answer from the estate holder immediately."

The contents of the parchment are the same as the first post in the Main Game thread.

28th Sep, 2013 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

I would like Jax to know the following tricks:
Attack
Guard
Defend
Down
Stay
Work

16th Mar, 2014 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

I read that Icon was also looking for players. I figured since I was waiting on one game I could join in this one as well? If you're needing one more all I ask is if you can please create simple character for me. I rather avoid the headache of creating one. I prefer a simple class like a fighter, ranger or rogue. I will name her and give a background its just the rolls and stuff. Sorry if I am sounding too demanding.

Rather off topic, but...
There are other types of RP here or is it just Pathfinder for now?

19th Mar, 2014 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

Game Master says...

Apologies for the delay. I AM looking for players, now that I'm unsure of my player's posting schedules. There are a number of characters available right here in this topic.

I think you can add Sorcerers and Oracles to the list, they aren't hard classes to play since they have a set spell list. Fighting classes are actually deceptively complex, because you have to make good choices of feats and plan your character every few levels.

Maerrun the rogue and Aliora the half-orc monk are available and have some experience to their names. Tarak and Theaton are with the party currently but their players have a chance of returning. And the goblin, Kuj, is a cavalier with a few posts in the game. Crixius the monk didn't participate in the game at all. Of these, Aliora is the only female, but you may alter Kuj to be a female goblin instead.

Don't worry one bit when it comes to character creation. I am here to help, if you reconsider (Which I recommend). I dislike how you want to add a background to a character I make. I believe that an original story or idea should be used to as a guide to choose the numbers for a character, not the other way around. So... Let your imagination loose and tell me what you want to play! Then we can step-by-step generate a character!

The only 1 requirement is a motivation to explore or to be a noble or ruler. I also suggest reading the Kingmaker Player's Guide for ideas, but you aren't restricted to it. (Linked in the Rules, Setting, Question thread; first post; you may have to search the website and register an account, but it is a free download.)

Edit: Add Barbarians and Bard to that list. They have a lot of additional material and archetypes, but the basic classes are simple!

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 19th Mar, 2014 - 3:38pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Mar, 2014 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 9

The character names you mentioned were created by other players that aren't here anymore or are they ones created for anyone to use?

20th Mar, 2014 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Game Master says...

They are indeed created by other users and abandoned. I will re-list them for convenience of reading. I'm also mentioning how long ago the player left and what page of this topic the final character sheet is on.

Name, Race, Class, Gender, Player abandoned, character page

Theaton, Half-Elf, Ranger, M, 14/February, 1 (Elf exile)
Tarak, Human, Fighter, M, 18/February, 9 (Minor noble)

The characters below are fair game to take:
Aliora, Half-orc, Monk, F, 18/October, 8 (Has 3 eyes, sheltered life)
Maerrun, Human, Rogue, M, 10/September, 7 (Minor noble)
Kuj, Goblin, Cavalier, M, 12/August, 6 (Proud, smart and honorable, strange for a goblin)
Crixicus, Human, Monk, M, No post in game, 6 (Traveled from oriental continent)

Judging by how long some of them have gone, their characters are up for grabs. Now I don't have to spend the time to make additional characters, they are provided biggrin.gif.

However I do still recommend making your own. I will be right here to guide, step by step. I just need a story, or a bunch of original ideas, to go off. I can even help you go through back-story step by step, to fit it into the setting.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 20th Mar, 2014 - 12:47pm

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.