ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 11 of 48

Ah, I see. So you reached the end at level - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Apr, 2014 - 1:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 48 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2014 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 11

Please consider the replacement of the mount ability with a combat feat for roleplaying issues. Also have a look at a trait replacement that I'd like.

Please let me know if you find any mistakes!

I'm writing the background as we speak.

Aritoki Katsuyori Nagayuki, Samurai 1
LE Medium humanoid (Human)
Init +2; Senses: Perception +1

DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 [Dexterity])
HP 15
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., 80 running, 30 (120) without armor
Melee: Katana +5, 1d8+3, 18-20/x2, or Wakizashi +4, 1d6+2, 18-20/x2
Ranged: Daikyu +4 1d8, x3

STATISTICS
[Strength] 14, [Dexterity] 16, Con 13, Int 12, [Wisdom] 10, [Charisma] 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 16
Feats Toughness, Iron Will, Weapon Focus (Katana)

Skills: (-2ACP): Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidate +5, Sense Motive +4, Perception +1, Survival +4, Linguistics +2, K. (Local) +5

SQ: Challenge 1/day (Samurai level on damage rolls, -2 AC against others), order (Ronin), resolve, (Mount ability subject to be replaced by a combat feat. Subject to GM approval. Aritoki may occasionally ride horses but he doesn't have any special mount or a particular connection with anyone, let alone animals)

Languages Tien, Minkaian, Common

Gear: Backpack, 2 Kimonos, Straw hat, Armored Coat, Daikyu, 20 arrows, MW Katana, MW Wakizashi, ration for 2 days, soap, mess kit, belt pouch, burning incense for prayers 15 uses, a pair of geta, 1 pp, 5 gp, 10 sp, 5 cp

Traits:
(Custom Trait subject to GM approval): Being of noble descent, Aritoki should have a masterwork daisho (Katana + wakizashi). He doesn't wear O-yoroi armor, since he's travelling, but his swords are his soul.

Instigator of Rebellion: Your rage over the political repositioning within Minkai has led you to incite rage within your compatriots. You have become adept at organizing rallies in opposition to the government. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.

Minkai Advocate: You possess strong ties to Minkai, and spread flattering words regarding your empire. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff checks, and Bluff becomes a class skill for you. (This trait may seem a bit off since he doesn't exactly appreciate the empire as is, but he instead portrays Minkai as some sort of Utopia, that even in its worst state and condition is better than any place in the universe)

Order:
Edicts: Ronin follow their own personal code of ethics and honor. As such, their edicts are extremely flexible and subject to change. Each ronin should determine his own edicts, which should include at least three provisions. These edicts are subject to GM approval. - Aritoki's personal code will be fully developed in his background story.

Challenge: Whenever Aritoki is the target of a challenge, a smite, a quarry, or similar effect, and he issues a challenge against that character in return, he receives a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls made against the target of his challenge and a +1 dodge bonus to his AC against attacks made by the target of his challenge. These bonuses increase by +1 for every four class levels he possesses (To a maximum of +6 at 20th level).

Resolve:
Determined: As a standard action, Aritoki can spend one use of his resolve to remove the fatigued, shaken, or sickened condition. If the samurai is at least 8th level, he can alternatively remove the exhausted, frightened, nauseated, or staggered condition. If the condition has a duration longer than 1 hour or is permanent, this ability removes the condition for 1 hour, at which time the condition returns.

Resolute: Whenever the samurai is required to make a Fortitude or Will save, he can spend one use of his resolve as an immediate action to roll twice and take the better result. He must decide to use this ability before he rolls the saving throw.

Unstoppable: When Aritoki is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points but not slain, he can spend one use of his resolve as an immediate action to instantly stabilize and remain conscious. He is staggered, but he does not fall unconscious and begin dying if he takes a standard action. He does fall unconscious if he takes additional damage from any source.

Rather off topic, but...
at Icon: I'm going to guess you've played in Pathfinder Society, or you've read the books for there? Not rolling for HP and taking the average rounded up is used there. Also, do I really have to start calculating the individual weight of my items? I believe 14 [Strength] is more than enough for these, and my char isn't going to be picking up any other item from adventuring.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 26th Mar, 2014 - 3:50pm

Sponsored Links:
26th Mar, 2014 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Icon, I believe this should cover it, I had missed where it said that
skills where gained per level.

Shivas Shanti
Elf, Cleric(Merciful Healer) of Sarenrae 2
Lawful Good, Medium, Humanoid (Elf)
Initiative: +2, Senses: Low-light vision, Perception: +5
Exp: 1785

STATISTICS
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 10 (0)
Charisma: 12 (+1)

DEFENSE
AC: 17, Flat-footed: 15, Touch: 12 (+5 Armor, +2 Dexterity)
HP: 17 =1d8=8+d8/2=4+1(Favored class)+3(Toughness)+1(Favored class)
Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 (All saves +2 vs Enchantment)
Immunity: Sleep

OFFENSE
Speed: 30' (20 with med load)
Melee: 0 BAB Scimitar (1d6 -1, 18-20/x2)
0 BAB Dagger (1d4 -1, 19-20/x2) (10ft)
Ranged: 0 BAB (1d8 -1, x3) 100ft
Special Attacks: channel positive energy 4/day ([-]DC 12[-], 1d6, healing only)
Domains: Healing
Domain Spell-like Abilities: 6/day-rebuke death
Spells: (Caster Level 2cd, +2 to overcome Spell Resistance)
1st 4= 2+1+1
0 (At will) = 4
Weapon Familiarity: Elf

Base Attack Bonus +1
Combat Maneuver Bonus 0
Combat Maneuver Defense 12

Feats: Toughness

Traits: Blessed touch, Forlorn

Skills: Craft (Carts) +4
Heal +7
Knowledge (Arcana) +4
(+2 Spell craft to identify items)
Diplomacy +5 =+1(Rank) +3 +1 (Char)
Ride +3 =+1(Rank) +2([Dexterity])

Languages: Common, Elven

Special Qualities: Aura (Law, Good), Spontaneous Casting, Combat Medic

Gear:
Money: 159gp 6sp 8cp
Horse, light (75gp)
Scimitar 1d6 (4 lbs.) 15gp
Longbow 1d8 (3 lbs.) 75gp
Arrows (20) (3lbs.) 1gp
Dagger 1d4 (1 lbs.) 2gp
Scale mail (30 lbs.) 50gp
Artisans tool's (5lbs.) 5gp
Back pack (2 lbs.) 2gp
Blanket, winter (3 lbs.) 5sp
Canvas (5 sq. Yards) (5 lbs.) 5sp
Fishhook (5) (-lbs.) 5sp
Flint & Steel (-lbs.) 1gp
Soap (1lbs.) 5sp
Water skin (4lbs.) 1gp
Whetstone (1lbs.) 2cp
Cleric's Vestments (6lbs.) 5gp
Cold Weather Outfit (7lbs.) 8gp
Rations (2 days) (2lbs.) 10sp
Holy Symbol, wood (-lbs.) 1gp
Tinderwig (3) (-lbs.) 3gp
Saddle bags (8lbs.) 4gp
Saddle Small (25lbs.) 10gp
Feather Token (Tree from Gallian&Duma)
Chronicler's kit
Charter

27th Mar, 2014 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Jonathan
Are you absolutely sure you want to swap out a Mount/Animal companion (Arguably the best ability in the game), with a feat as mundane as Iron Will (Among the worse feats)? Consider also that you have the Resolute ability and will have Self Reliant soon. It just seems to me that the Ronin order already has the flavor and mechanics of having high willpower. I will let you do it, but you will be losing out. And I'm willing to negotiate exactly which creature you want as a mount (Snake, spider, elemental?).

Unless you plan on actually increasing Bluff skill, you may even use a Trait to boost Will. It would be a +1 if I remember correctly. Or a +2 in specific circumstances (Like only against Fear effects or only for spells cast by Fey creatures), something to fit with the background.

As for the custom trait, just use Rich Parents and spend 900 extra gold. You may even afford some armor or barding for your mount if you choose one!

Also, increase Reflex by 1, but otherwise everything is correct.

I would calculate weight if your armor wasn't already slowing you down. It's most important for monks, rogues and barbarians who lose abilities with weight. So, I'll do it on my document, but only when I'm not up to my neck in study.

Yes, I did play in Pathfinder Society when I could find time. Less often in the last 2 months.

Canabusis
I should have been clearer, sorry. It should be 1d8/2 +1 hit points, so 5, and also don't forget your Constitution bonus. You should only have the favored class bonus once (You took a bonus skill at level 1). Total should be 19, do you get the same?

The small saddle shouldn't weigh quite so much, 13 lb but only worth 5 gp.

Good work on getting both class skills and useful non-class skill. Remember you took Pioneer trait and chose to get a bonus to Ride as well.

27th Mar, 2014 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Icon,

HP: 17 =1d8=8+d8/2+1=5+3(Toughness)+1(Con)
I thought I had taken the hit point at level one, oops. I should only have 17 HP then?

Ride +4=+(Rank)+2([Dexterity]) +1(Pioneer trait)

I need one more skill then,
Knowledge Geography 1= +1 (Rank)

Does that cover it?

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2014 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Theaton

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | [Neutral Good]

Description
Age 23
Looks Blonde hair, Blue eyes
Height/Weight 5' 6" Tall, 145 lbs. (Medium)
Representing Kntoran

Strength 13 (+1) Hit Points: 21 Current HP: 21
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 13 (+1)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 15 (+2)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Initiative +1 = 1 [[Dexterity]]
Action Points (Lifetime) 5

SKILL Total + Ability Mod. + Ranks + Misc.
Acrobatics*+1 = [Dexterity] 1+0+0
Appraise+0 = INT 0+0+0
Bluff+0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
Climb*+6 = [Strength] 1+2+3
Craft+0 = INT 0+0+0
Diplomacy+0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
Disable Device*" +1 = [Dexterity] 1+0+0
Disguise+0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
Escape Artist*+1 = [Dexterity] 1+0+0
Fly*+1 = [Dexterity] 1+0+0
Handle Animal" +0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
Heal+2 = [Wisdom] 2+0+0
Intimidate+0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
K (Arcana)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (Dungeoneering)" +5 = INT 0+2+3
K (Engineering)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (Geography)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (History)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (Local)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (Nature)" +5 = INT 0+2+3
K (Nobility)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (Planes)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
K (Religion)" +0 = INT 0+0+0
Linguistics" +0 = INT 0+0+0
Perception+4 = [Wisdom] 2+0+0+2 [half-elf]
Perform+0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
Profession" +3 = [Wisdom] 2+1+0
Ride+1 = [Dexterity] 1+0+0
Sense Motive+2 = [Wisdom] 2+0+0
Sleight of Hand*" +1 = [Dexterity] 1+0+0
Spellcraft" +0 = INT 0+0+0
Stealth*+5 = [Dexterity] 1+1+3
Survival+7 = [Wisdom] 2+2+3
Swim*+6 = [Strength] 1+2+3
Use Magic Device" +0 = [Charisma] 0+0+0
* Armor Check Penalty -3
"  Trained Only

Equipment
Bedroll
Blanket
Trail rations 14 days
50' rope
Quiver for arrows 2 score cap.
Backpack
Flint/steel

Notes

Base Speed [ 30 (6 sq.) ]

AC [16] = 10 +4 [Chain Shirt] +1 [Light Steel Shield] +1 [[Dexterity]]
Touch AC [11] Flat-Footed [15]

Base Attack Bonus +2
Basic Melee Attack +3
Basic Ranged Attack +3

Weapon Attack Bonus Critical
Long Sword +1 19-20X2
Type range ammo damage
Martial melee none 1d6 s 1d8 m

Weapon Attack Bonus Critical
Long Bow +2 X3
Type Range Ammo Damage
Martial 100 ft arrows(40) 1d6 s 1d8 m
Fortitude Save +3 = 2 [base] +1 [Con]

Reflex Save +3 = 2 [base] +1 [[Dexterity]]
Will Save +2 = 0 [base] +2 [[Wisdom]]

CMB +3 = 1 [BAB] +1 [[Strength]] +0 [size]
CMD +14 = 10 +1 [BAB] +1 [[Strength]] +1 [[Dexterity]] +0 [size]

Feats
Light Armor Proficiency
Medium Armor Proficiency
Endurance
Diehard
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Rapid Shot
Shield Proficiency
Simple Weapon Proficiency

Traits
Armor Expert
Elven Reflexes (Half-Elf)
Survivor

Carrying Capacity
Light Load: 50lbs.
Medium Load: 100lbs.
Heavy Load: 150lbs.
Lift Over Head: 150lbs.
Lift Off Ground: 300lbs.
Push or Drag: 750lbs.

Languages
Common
Elven

Ranger Spells Per Day

Special Abilities
Half-Elf
Low-Light Vision
Adaptability: Skill Focus (Bonus feat)
Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any racial effects.
Elven Immunities: Immune to magic sleep. +2 to saves vs. Enchantment
Keen Senses: +2 Perception
Multitalented: Choose two favored classes.Bonus Languages: Any (Except secret languages)

Ranger
Combat style: Archery Took the rapid shot feat for my first combat style feat.
Track
Wild Empathy
1 Favored Enemies

Experience Points 1785

28th Mar, 2014 - 12:02am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

Canabusis
You get the choice at every level if you want the hit point or skill rank. Also, you gain the constitution bonus at every level, not just once.

It's also retroactive if you gain a constitution bonus, so a barbarian will gain 2 hit points per level when they rage. And the other way, when poison reduces constitution, it also reduces hit points.

Kntoran
Hit points have the same deal as I was explaining to Canabusis, the first die is maximized, then each level is half die plus one. So for rangers, 6 per level then add bonuses. I think you are over by one hit point only.

Skills are good, except you still haven't selected which skill you want your Skill Focus feat to apply to.

Please apply your bonuses from Traits, and remove the Action Points. Double check your Armor check penalty. Also, please record the gold Theaton earned. The things we discussed on page 1.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2014 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 11

I want to join your game too beside canabusis' game. Though I have played kingmaker before so I hesitate that I would be metagaming on this campaign. I am much familiar with Pathfinder mechanics rather than the settings.

Anyway, what's the houserules and other requirement such as starting gold or starting level?

4th Apr, 2014 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

Game Master says...

Ah, I see. So you reached the end at level 17 or so? I was going to concentrate more on politics and relations with Brevoy in this game. It should be quite easy to rewrite the main quest if needed.

I already have a couple of ideas that fit the theme.
Maybe instead of expanding West, I could have the kingdom expand South into the tumultuous River Kingdoms. Only if you don't want to repeat the same encounters as you already have.

Starting level is still level one, until book 2 is reached. Starting gold is rolled based on class. All the basics are in the first post.

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.