ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 13 of 48

Hello again, Icon. I have finally decided - Page 13 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Dec, 2014 - 12:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 48 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
17th Apr, 2014 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 13

Game Master says...

I picked 15 point buy because it's hard to minmax, and 3 traits to tie into backstory better. You character is approved and you can post you reply to this in the Main Game topic.

For years Samael had lived alone, at peace with nature. In his long time he had seen many wonderful creatures of the forest, living treants and pretty fairies, and also witnessed its terrible side, large ugly beasts and tribes of uncivilized humanoids such as lizardfolk. Organised bandits were to be avoided and food had to be located. Such was life in the tumultuous River Kingdoms, north of Kyonin, the nation of elves.

It was an overcast day as Samael hunted and gathered in the soggy forest. Winter had been cruel but the spring was going to be plentiful. Two rabbits, both killed painlessly with an arrow straight through the eye, and a small pouch of blueberries were going to make a fine meal. He carried his campsite in his backpack, so decided to follow a game trail to see where it would end.

Crossing creeks and logs he walked, until he stepped on what appeared to be a rock. It felt cold and hollow under Samael's foot, before slipping and causing him to fall.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2014 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Can you introduce my character in game thread? I think it would be easier for me to get into the game

21st Apr, 2014 - 10:12am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Alright, You can now post in the game thread, but have not met the main party. I only want to give a short prologue for character development.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2014 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 13 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Hello fellow Pathfinder, I finally sat down to consider my choices and think it over. I am really not into having a mount with my character. I mean riding a horse is fine, but special bonds is beyond me right now.

Instead of 1 feat maybe we could do what the paladin has, you know, the magic weapon thingy. It's ok lore-wise, thinking katanas have this mystical and magical thing about them, and that they have some sort of bond with the ancestors that held them in battle, and the spirit world.

Feats: Toughness, Weapon Focus (Katana)
Traits: Rich Parents 900gp starting, Bastard -1Cha checks with nobles, +1 will, Sword Scion +1atk with katana

5th Jun, 2014 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

I can't believe I didn't notice earlier, but Samurai already has an archetype, the Sword Saint! I was distracted by looking at Cavalier archetypes this whole time, ha! The archetype sounds like the perfect replacement for mount; while not mystical, it seems to focus on the samurai's expertise with blades. Basically, tons of damage on the first strike of a combat.

There are also some good archetypes from third party publishers. Look at the Kuge, who seem to be noble born class samurai, the Nitojutso sensei, uses two weapons and belongs to no order, and the Tajiya, who hunt unnatural creatures and act much like Ronin. I assume you are using the d20pfsrd site.

If you do want a more magical ability, Divine Bond is a fair trade, or a Domain or Subdomain like a druid or cleric gets, or even an Inquisition. Anger or Vengeance inquisition?

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2014 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cool, I will then pick the sword saint archetype. What about the sword scion? It is made for longswords and dueling swords but I'm guessing they didn't expect a wild kana wielder to join the game. It is too strong for a trait but I found it filed under "Kingmaker" Opinions about this? Any other thing we gotta fix? Oh, also I know there are a couple of traits that just give you +1 will instead of the bastard I picked, but I'm guessing some little flavor doesnt hurt

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 5th Jun, 2014 - 6:20pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jul, 2014 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 13

Game Master says...

Sorry for not noticing you questions a month ago! I must have been distracted and forgotten, or not noticed. My apologies.

I didn't notice before, but the Bastard and Sword Scion traits are from the same category (Campaign traits). I didn't mention in the first post that there is only one from each category, sorry.

To swap out Sword Scion, check out the traits:
Racial traits:
Master of the Sudden Strike (It might work well with the class abilities)
Equipment traits:
Heirloom Weapon (This trait has a few versions and errata, I suggest the original one from Adventurer's Armory. Everyone says its overpowered, but I can't see the problem.)

Hope to see you in game if you're not too busy. And apologies in advance for the slow schedule currently, until Canabusis can make it back.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2014 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 13

Hello again, Icon. I have finally decided to join your game.

I would like a short update on what I should do. I may or may not use the character created above. We'll see.

Just let me know!

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.