ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 21 of 105

Tarak watches the boar slump to the ground - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Sep, 2013 - 1:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

28th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 105 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34164
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2013 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 21

Aliora followed the guard in, keeping a peaceful mind of the racist comments being said. Upon meeting the elf she smiled, accompanied with a respectful nod. "Yes, pleasant greetings to you as well." She replied while starting to extend an arm for a firm clasp she noticed that Theaton began to walk so she quickly recalled her hand, placing it at the base of her neck and began to rub it embarrassedly while lowering her head.

Not quite sure of which direction to walk in Aliora just slowly spun in circles looking at everyone, awaiting further instructions.

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2013 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Trake
Tarak's greataxe hits the boar square in the belly, causing a deep gash. Any normal animal would have given up and keeled over, but the boar fights with an indomitable FEROCITY! It Goes for a gore at your groin, but only manages to strike your thigh (4 damage).

Out of Character:
Attack: d20 +2 = Natural 20; To confirm critical = Natural 1 - result is a normal hit
Damage: 1d6 +2 = 2 +2 =4

I only just noticed, but why is your greataxe only doing 1d10 dice of damage? I believe you are looking at the column for a Small version of the weapon.

Canabusis

Gallian steeples his fingers and takes a deep breath, before saying "If you must get back, then there will not be time to call for Duma, our leader. However, you seem to be misinformed ever so slightly. Sure we aren't always with the Swordlords on their every decision, but they are not true allies of the false king, Surtova. The enemy of our enemy.

"One thing I will admit, the Swordlords and their ilk have become decadent. It may be soon time for... - let's call it a cull. I think you are right that the charter can be used against them, but as all our men are taught, patience yields a better crop.

"This Oleg character... Is he a politician? It sounds like he is a potentially uninformed merchant. What is his judgement of the Swordlords and of the other citizens of Restov? Is it worth for me to travel, what will that achieve? As for the bandits, I will not travel exclusively for that. Some people rightly call us bandits, despite our good intent. I mostly empathize with others bearing the name."

Out of Character: A small clarification that the bandits were due to attack on the 1st, in 8 days before you left. If the mistake was made in character a [sic] can clarify, like when I spell the days of the week differently.

KNtoran

"Yeah," Says the sergeant as you walk past shaking your head, "That's just how I feel." He turns to the doorway within the entrance tunnel, saying, "Zarnan, on duty now!"

Fifth road is quickly found, all the roads in this mercantile area are marked with signs. Asking along, you are told that the stables are at the north end of the road. After a long walk you find the place. The smell is not unbearable and two stable-hands work on the seven horses and one pony present, with a dozen stalls unfilled.

Peter is well dressed for a stableman, his apron unblemished, yet speaks with a thick, gruff accent. "How are you? What can I do for you?" And upon hearing your request, responds, "Well, my fine beasts are expertly trained. I have two light horses that are trained for those situations on the road where a confrontation is unavoidable. They come at 110 gold each, and will crush pesky wolves and boars beneath their hooves on command. The heavier, stronger horses are either trained for the same purpose at 300 gp or untrained at 200. There is also one fresh light horse still out in the fields being trained, I can do him for 80.

"The bit and bridle comes at 2 gold, we have a range of saddles from 5 to 60 gold depending on what quality you are after, and Saddlebags come as an extra at 4 gold. So, what specifically are you after?"

Euphoria

You follow the guard into the building, up stairs and through stone corridors. Slits act as windows, showing the courtyard and helping you orient yourself. Finally, the guard stops at a door labelled 'Surveyor' on a carved panel. He says, "You should know the way back. You've seen the path," As a wry smile cracks across his gluttonous face and he turns to go back.

Inside the room is shelving stacked with papers and parchment. The desk houses more disorganised paper and an assortment of tools and implements. The man is well dressed and extends a hand, saying "Mallius Vand, how can I help you?"

Showing him the advertisement, he says, exasperated, "darn, you just missed another explorer to go with you. And I hate to repeat myself. Here, take this and read it. I have to run to return this stamp. I'll be right back, just two minutes."

He stamps another parchment and hands it to you. Its contents are in the first post of this topic. The surveyor is gone for a full ten minutes.



25th Sep, 2013 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Shivas taking another deep breath and calming her racing heart tries for a better explanation. "I apologize Gallian, I have run off at the mouth and have not at all made my intentions clear. As for Oleg he is but a simple merchant and has been forced into compliance with the Sword Lords of Restov. I have found that he is outraged with the Sword Lords not the citizenry of Restov. I find that I agree with him in this. I understand where your true loyalties lie, I thought that if we use this charter and gain property and the means to build fortifications we could not only possibly over throw the Sword Lords but find a defensive hold against the false King Survota. I do mean to have patience in this as it could take a very long time and would require the loyalty of many, all to be done in secret. My only aim is to give the people a leader worthy of the office and responsibilities due to such a position. You should know my heart and where my loyalties lie, I am for the people and none other who do not stand for them. I have thought only to seek your advice and possible aid in this." She gives pause as she thinks.

"I have time to speak with your leader Duma if he is available this day and if allowed rest here for the night. I have more time then I initially indicated in my haste, I am just worried about Oleg and his dear wife Svetlana. I feel in my heart that if you follow Duma with the good intentions I know you to have then perhaps I should find myself helping the cause of the people with the joining of your cause. I only wish at this point in time to discuss the matter and see if a plan can be laid for the betterment of the people. I will not ask your aid with the bandits, but only for you to talk with Oleg regarding a possible alliance in the event your leader Duma approves."

Shivas looks to Gallian for reassurance that she has made clearly her reasons for the possible alliance.

Out of Character: : Sorry about the mix up on the days, I looked back on the original post and seen my mistake. (I had 8 days, now I have 5 or 6 to get back? I am unsure only because it was stated as 8 days the evening she was talking with Oleg and did not know if that day was included in the 8?) Am I screwing up your game outline with this course of action? I am sorry if I am, I am only trying to think what Shivas would do in character as her intentions are to help the less fortunate people, she cares nothing for titles and Leaders who do not take the less fortunate into account.

Attached Image Edited: Canabusis on 25th Sep, 2013 - 5:35pm



25th Sep, 2013 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Tarak winces in pain as the boar's tusks yet again tear through his flesh. After suffering two wounds, Tarak has never wanted to kill anything in his life more than he wants to kill this boar right now. So, he grips his greataxe and swings with all of his might.

Out of Character:: Power Attack 1d20=13-1+3=15
Damage 1d12=8+6=14

Yep, I read the table wrong, boy do I feel stupid, and I feel bad for Tarak because all of my mistakes probably cost him some unecessary goring. Oh well, hopefully this will fininsh off this boar and Tarak can enjoy some porkchops while he nurses his wounds.



Post Date: 26th Sep, 2013 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"Oh another explorer? Shame I couldn't have met him (Or her)"
Aliora taps her foot impatientlyafter reading the parchment while waiting for the survayer to return. At last he returned with a stamp

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2013 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Theaton looks at the horses before turning to Peter. "Thank you for you time I find myself too short of coin to afford your good horses. Maybe I will return when I have better means to buy one of these fine horses."

Theaton heads back to the inn and to get some more rest.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2013 - 10:50am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 21

Game Master says...

Canabusis

Gallian pauses, then responds, "The problem is, we never know where Duma goes and for how long. Last time it was three days, but it ranges from hours, to weeks. All the men think that he's off practicing magic with druids in the deepest woods, and a druid can't tell the time. I can't promise a meeting today.

"I think your reasoning is sound, Shivas; acquiring land and preparing defenses would certainly be the most important step. It's at that stage Duma would be interested.

"As for myself, I think it's more vital for me to stay, instead of hearing this Oleg just vent his frustration. You can certainly go on our behalf and say we are certainly considering, and we'll be on the lookout for related news."

He hangs his head in thought, then lifts a finger as though he has an idea. "We do not have many of them, but you can get in contact with Duma even far south. Let me bring you a tree, just wait a minute."

Out of Character: Shivas has 4 days and 5 nights (And a few daylight hours this day) to arrive on the morning of the attack. It's advisable to arrive the day before, which is when the charter bearers were meant to meet, according to Oleg. Not at all are you screwing the game outline; it would have been much more boring for you to just sit at Oleg's waiting for the others. To me this proves that Shivas is headstrong and full of energy to do good. She chose the hard path, where she could have waited and sent word later, but chose not to.

Trake

Tarak's axe cleanly slices through the stomach of the boar. The front half squeals in rage for two seconds and slumps to the ground, blood soaking into the ground. The commotion has woken Jax who pulls against the small tree, managing to bend the branches(There are very few stumps in the plains, logging is kept to the forests). With combat over, he finally calms down, a bruise visible under his bridle.

Out of Character: Healing, without the aid of magic, takes much longer than in video games (Thankfully!). Tarak regains nothing until night, for more details see the Injury and Death subsection of Combat in the Core Rulebook. Additionally, I need a list of 6 Tricks that Jax knows, as per the rules in the Handle Animal, under Skills. You can post them under the Character topic.

Euphoria

Out of Character: Minor detail, he was returning the stamp. I wanted to give you the opportunity to ask questions when he came back in.

In Character:The surveyor strides back in, breathing heavily. "Apologies, I came back as fast as I could. But, you know, bureaucracy and paperwork."

"Well, as you can see, we need explorers for this dangerous region. Just looking at you, I think you fit the requirements. You look strong, hardy and keen. But I'm wondering, can you use that third eye of yours?" He waits for a brief answer.

"All the supplies will be provided, and you should be meeting at Oleg's, as is written, on the 31st of Pharast, in 6 days. I will be sending an official to hand over your supplies, and he will be leaving in 4 days from here. The other explorer seemed to be interested in payment; I can reveal that you will be paid in land, once the area you explore is settled. I believe that covers all the minor details. Any questions?"

KNtoran

As it begins to get dark, after asking for directions a few times, Theaton makes in back to the Wedded Trout. The dining room is full of people, all dressed in nice attire or more flamboyant costumes. The smells of a multitude of flavors fill your nostrils and the din of conversations and raucous laughter is heard above the bard sitting in the far corner, reciting a ballad. You are quickly noticed by a serving girl as one of the guests, and she seats you for a meal, and takes your order.

As you eat, you notice a group of youthful nobles or aristocrats get drunker and drunker at the bar, behind which Rosa is among the two other bartenders. At a climax in an argument too far to hear, a curly, brown haired teenager pulls off his glove and slaps a built young man with black hair, shouting his challenge to a duel. The entire hall goes quiet, apart from the bard, where you can faintly hear "...blade of frost, pierced the wyrm's gullet, and out gushed the life blood of the grand beast.... What? What's going on?"

The two youngsters start to head to the door, cheered on by the other drunk youths, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 28th Sep, 2013 - 11:10am



28th Sep, 2013 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

Tarak watches the boar slump to the ground and a great sense of satisfaction comes over him. Followed by a great sense of pain from his injured leg. He grabs his backpack and limps over to his bedroll, plopping down and retrieving his waterskin and soap. As he tears two strips of cloth from the bottom of his blanket, Tarak looks over a Jax.

"You know, a little warning would have been nice."

Jax responds by stamping his hoof twice on the ground and bucking his head back with a loud "WWWHHHHIIINNNNYY"

"It's a little late now," Says Tarak, "But I guess it's my fault for tying you to that tree and not telling you to guard the area."

Jax stamps the ground again and shakes his head with a "Pffffffft".

Tarak laughs "Well I will know next time my friend "

Tarak cleans his wounds with his water skin and soap and wraps them with the cloth frim his blanket. He then walks over to Jax and unties him from the tree to allow him to graze before they head off. After putting on his armor, Tarak checks his backpack for any damage the boar may have done to his supplies. He eats some breakfast (If the boar left him any), and then proceeds to butcher the boar as best he can with his axe.

After butchering the boar and packing up his supplies, Tarak retrieves Jax and gingerly climbs atop him. They then continue down the road towards Restov. Tarak was not familiar with this Oleg's Trading Post mentioned in the charter, but he did know of an abandoned fort on the road to Restov.

Tarak thinks to himself as he rides, 'Maybe this Oleg has settled in the fort, but if not, perhaps someone in Restov will know the way.'





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.