ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 23 of 105

As Tarak hands Jax over to the man, he hears - Page 23 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Oct, 2013 - 7:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

15th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 105 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34329
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2013 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 23

Aliora eyes the surveyor strangely, folding her broad arms infront of her mid-section "Leaving me in good hands? Oh, so I will have an assistant for this expedition? Otherwise you are leaving me in no hands at all, especially if you do not even know who is to meet me in four days."

Scratching her head she chuckled slightly "Well you see, I owe a coin or two to a woman who lead me here. I was staying at a temple, one that looked rather nice from the outside but the food was horrid and the lodging was bottom class, but it was free... I carry an empty coin purse and it is a long walk back. It has been over a full day since I last slept, I was just too eager to learn the details of this job. You know the early bird gets the worm and what not."

Sponsored Links:
4th Oct, 2013 - 4:30am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

KNtoran

She giggles as she goes back to work, setting 2 tankards of ale in front of Theaton and a mug of mead on the seat beside. "That one's mine," She says pointing to the mead, "Keep an eye on it, you lucky pretty-boy."

After going around and serving drinks at other tables for an hour, she comes back to you with another ale. She sits next to you and drapes her arm across your shoulders, lifting her mead in the other. "What a busy night. Here's to success, I think we both win tonight." She clinks her drink, spilling a little from exhaustion, then downs the mug, letting out a practiced sigh, avoiding sounding impolite.

She caresses your cheek and brings her face close to yours, whispering, "I still have plenty of energy left, if you care to find out in private." She takes your arm and leans on your shoulder, letting you lead her.

Trake

The sun falls, cloaking the plains in darkness. Yet from the old fort, there is a light shining, and a wisp of smoke visible above the 10 foot wooden wall. Tarak circumnavigates the fort, which is 150 feet wide on the North and south walls, and 100 feet deep, each corner 20 feet high and topped with old, unusable catapults. Its southern doors are barred from what you can tell when you push.

Canabusis

After a complete day of getting to the camp, Shivas decides that right here where she talked is actually a good spot to camp, and likely in defended range by Duma's camp. You feed Brute and yourself and rest. The night passes without incident.

The next day you gallop out of the forest. You reach the road within 4 hours and Vostok in one after that, taking meager supplies when Abadarnik offers them (Replenish previous night's ration and feed). You cover 15 more miles out of Vostok before you need to rest, the occasional farmhouse dotting the fields around you. Another family welcomes you into their large farmhouse, Daniel and Liavara, as well as their 6 children, offer you food and a guest mattress in return for 5 silver pieces.

Euphoria

"I was talking about the other explorer who was here five minutes ago," Mallius replies. "Although I do admit I only just met him, yet he seems very capable of handling himself and a small group. Apart from that, I don't know who to expect. Whoever can get their hands on a charter, usually aristocrats or minor nobles. They may send their spoiled children to carve a name for their family or some nonsense like that.

"Find yourself a nicer place! Here," He slides two gold pieces over, "One for the other woman, and one to find a better bed. There's plenty of inns to choose from and there's more than enough funding to cover an inn stay. Just bring the bill back later so I can approve it and send it off to accounting. I guess you're hired." He smiles and extends a hand to shake.



4th Oct, 2013 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Shivas leaves a gold piece instead of the five silver pieces requested, as she always wants to be of help to all she meets. Shivas heads out the next morning after her morning ritual of quiet meditation preparing her spells. She means to travel quickly for the first part of the day and then take her time during the afternoon so as not to push Brute too hard.

Out of Character:: Spells for the day;
Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1 Abundant Ammunition, Cure light wounds

Fast travel hour 1: Shivas & Brute take 1 damage
Channel energy 4

Fast travel hour 2: Shivas & Brute take 2 damage
Channel energy 2

Fast travel hour 3: Shivas & Brute take 4 damage
Channel energy 4

They rest and eat then travel remaining at a normal pace for the remainder of the day.



4th Oct, 2013 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 23 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

After circling the old fort, Tarak is sure that someone is in there. He is fairly certain they are not bandits because there is no one on watch, so he bangs on the barred door and announces himself.

"HAIL! IS ANYONE INSIDE, I ONLY SEEK SHELTER FOR THE NIGHT!"

Out of Character:: If Tarak can't raise a response then he will camp off the road a few hundred feet from the fort.



Post Date: 4th Oct, 2013 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton smiles at the girl next to him as she takes a nice drink with him. Getting up he puts his arm around her and heads up the steps. "Well tell me your name and let me see if if I can get some of that pent up energy out of you." Theaton will enjoy removing her clothing and seeing what lies beneath.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2013 - 8:57am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

"Thank you" Stated Aliora as she confirmed a firm hand shake. Taking the two gold she heads back into the city to locate the nearest inn. "The woman will have to wait till the morning" She muttered to herself through a state of exhaustion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Oct, 2013 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 23

Game Master says...

Canabusis

Shivas wakes on Moonday [sic] the 28th of Calistril to the smell of fresh bread and eggs. Receiving payment, the farmers thank Shivas profusely and do their best to ensure she leaves with a full belly. The fields and sparse buildings are now becoming a familiar sight as she rides past, kicking up dirt. She also takes note of the two covered wagons traveling the opposite way, surrounded by mercenaries.

As the sky darkens, Shivas sees the shape and lights of Rogarstan, suddenly a whole lot busier than before. The stables are a third filled and the inn houses two tables of merchants sitting and talking over meals of duck and drinks of mead. However, their caravan guards prefer not to squander their coin and have set up leaning tents outside.

Trake

Tarak hears a ladder being climbed and a gruff, middle-aged man appears above the fence, to the left. His features aren't visible in this back-light, but his silhouette reveals his broad shoulders and slight belly.

He turns around and shouts into the fort, "I told you she wouldn't be back yet!" Then turns to you, and shouts, in a gruff, low tone, "Greetings! A rider in the night carries no glad tidings, so come in and share your misery! Just approach slowly and close the gate behind you!" He tugs a rope, releasing the bar inside. It is promptly barred again as soon as Tarak enters and obliges the request.

A 15 foot long cart takes up half the entrance way. Tarak sees the illuminated buildings first. To the west, on his left, is a large building with hay spilling from it. Separated by 5 feet, ahead of Tarak, to the north, is a large, wooden shed-like building, not well maintained. Entering further, beside that building is a wooden home, with a double door entrance, to the northeast. Right of that, to the east is the burning campfire, between two large tables with long benches. And there is a long building to the southeast.

"Those will be the guest rooms," Oleg says behind Tarak as he look at the last building. "The room in the middle is taken, but otherwise you can drop your gear off for the night. Here, let me tend to your horse." He grabs the bridle and offers a hand to help dismount. "Svetlana!" He shouts, "Get a meal ready for the guest!"

"Oleg, please! It's almost ready!" A woman's voice shouts from a window of the northeast house.

"We've already eaten, delicious rabbit, potato and carrot stew," Oleg explains. "Drop off your things and join us at the table. Then you can share news and tell us why you're here."

Svetlana emerges, a middle-aged woman wearing a lime kerchief over curly, blonde hair and a messy apron. Oleg's features are more visible as well, you note the square jawline and constant frown and the simple work clothes. They sit together opposite a steaming bowl of soup.

KNtoran

"I'm Lux," She answers, "Short for luxury." She locks the door behind Theaton and drapes herself over him, leading his hands to undress her.

He sees a thin, young body, skin smooth and unblemished by age. If she appeared tired before, the girl before him is a different person. She tears off Theaton's gear and her expert hands make quick work of him.

She lies down next to him and leans in close to his ear. Reaching into her strewn clothes, she produces a tiny, ornate, wooden box. "Say, have you ever tried Pesh?" She whispers with a mischievous smile. Inside the box are small, sticky, black lumps and she takes one and eats it, giggling.

Euphoria

Ailora heads out, charter in hand, receiving a polite nod from the senior gate guard. Just down the road, she spots an inn called the Dart and Drake. It is still early, afternoon with sundown in about two hours. A clocktower confirms that it is 3:40.

Inside, it is a neat, clean and traditional place, the ground floor occupied by a dining room and bar and rooms upstairs. The 10 wooden tables and stools seat all manner of people; merchants, laborers, city officials and mercenaries and you count 11 more standing and talking or drinking. There is also a line of four dartboards with one contest being held currently, a drunken cheer heard every minute or so.

There are only 5 workers visible, a middle-aged man and young woman at the bar, a boy collecting plates and cups who looks a lot like the man, and a young man and woman taking waiting the tables. Two free seats are available, next to a merchant and opposite three armored men wearing green and black uniforms.

I require a Perception check.



6th Oct, 2013 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 23

As Tarak hands Jax over to the man, he hears the woman in the house call him Oleg.

"So your Oleg, I guess I am in the right place then. Let me drop off my things and I will explain why I am here."

Tarak placed his belongings in the room closest to the campfire, and joins the couple at the table.

"My name is Tarak Galaveil, and I have been contracted by the swordlords of Restov to help explore and settle the Greenbelt" Tarak slid the charter over to Oleg and starts to eat his stew.
"The last time I passed through here this fort was abandoned, what made you want to start a trading post here?"

Tarak finished his stew while Oleg looked at the charter. He looks over at Svetlana "That stew was delicious, my compliments to the cook. Also, do you have any proper bandages? I suffered an injury this morning and need to replace my bandages."





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.