ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 25 of 105

Shivas not knowing whether she is being swindled - Page 25 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Oct, 2013 - 4:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 105 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34210
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
10th Oct, 2013 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 25

Game Master says...

Trake

"So you don't know about the bandits?" Oleg asks, then he curses loudly and throws up his hands in vain. "The bloody officials didn't tell you then! Just don't get me started on those other scum of the world."

Svetlana takes a shaky breath and explains. "They march in here on the first of every month, threaten me and Oleg, and take the goods and valuables we collect each month! We're hopeless to defend ourselves against so many; Oleg couldn't stand to be bested in battle to see them harm and have their way with me. Their sharp and observant leader - a hatchet-wielding, sadistic woman - already threatened to cut off his hands - in mockery no less! She took my wedding ring as payment for - her words - not shortening Oleg's reach." Her eyes well up with tears, but she manages to keep up a fake smile.

Oleg speaks up again, "I've sent for support to Restov, only to hear from the local trappers that guards will be here 'soon'" He draws quotes in the air sarcastically. "The other explorer left a few days ago to go somewhere north. Something about seeking assistance or advice. Could you... Assist us in our plight as well?"

Svetlana sweetens the offer "We can offer you room and food if you assist us!" Oleg grunts disapprovingly, but says nothing.

KNtoran

As you make to leave, the innkeeper runs up and stands in front of the door. "You expect me to believe that? Just because you spent two minutes speaking to the harbormaster, you suddenly know every official in the city?"

He slides over a paper. On it is written: 1 night - 2gp
Lunch - 5sp
Ale 5 - 5x5= 25sp
Rosa - 2gp
Dinner - 5sp
Lux - 13gp
Breakfast - 5sp

Tip -
Total - 21gp +

"I can't just have you leave with this much in arrears. Normally what I'll do I is have the bill settled here, then you go and collect from the officials. I don't want to deal with their stupid bureaucratic nonsense." He calls over a waiter, a young man, an unusual sight in this inn. "Or I can send Hubert while you wait here, wasting everyone's precious time."

Canabusis

"Why, Hello beautiful," Replies a fat merchant, slowly. "Its simply the start of the trading season. We don't travel through winter, and we tried to get here before our gorgeous hostess charges us an extra three gold." Showing him the blade, he nods, "Yes, a nice blade this. I'll offer a hundred gold for it."

A nearby merchant, younger, but also overweight, notices and says, "Don't believe his shady tactics, miss. A blade like that can fetch 150 to 155 on average. But I'm not in need of one at the moment."

The mercenaries around the room, seem to take an interest in the blade, glancing over.

Euphoria

Aliora's first hit lands in the board on the 3 triangle. A quick second shot veers wide to the left, landing just outside the double ring, where the 11 is painted. The small crowd erupts with laughter. But Aliora shuts them all up when her third throw hits right in the center! A man walks to the dartboard with you and chalks up two columns. "Name?" He asks, before writing an A and a J at the top. An 11 is placed under your total. The man explains, "You're playing up to 201, just a quick game."

The man takes three quick, successive rows like she had. [At +0: 2, 4, 10] His first two throws go way too high, missing the circle. His third is lucky and hits the 8 very close to the outer edge. He grumbles as an 8 is written in his column.

Aliora's next throw is a miss, a second hits the outer 6 and the third hits on the triple ring within the 2 triangle. "Ah shame," Someone exclaims as a 23 becomes your total.

Jasons speaks up, "Look, you brute. You're not in a battle. You need to use finesse and take your time." He breathes deeply as he aims for a few seconds. [at +5: 14=19, 18=23, 16=21] His first dart lands within the Bull, to cheers from the group. When his next two both strike the Bulls Eye, they go crazy and buy more drinks, chugging them down in celebration. His total is up to 133.

Aliora takes her time with the next throws (+5 and the previous -1 for +4 total). They fall silent as two consecutively hit the Bull's Eye and a third hits a 14. Her total is now 137

[sic]"It'sh over," Jason slurs. "I've - hic - got thish." [at +3: 20, 9, 19] A Bull's eye, a miss and a Bull, Jason curses as his score exceeds 201 by 9. "Nah, tha's obviously a Bull!" To which the scorekeeper reacts with "Sit down Jason, you're seeing double." He remains at 133 points.

Out of Character: You did it absolutely correct. You can swap out the Deadly Aim feat for a different one and post your choice in the character thread. Well spotted! You beat even me in that!

Now, for the throwing tactics, you can try to aim at an area away from center, just tell me specifically at which score you begin to aim and I'll do the hard work. Also, please do the attacks with the +5 mentioned above.



Sponsored Links:
10th Oct, 2013 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"It doesn't surprise me that the swordlords have not sent help. They do not care about your wealth or possessions, only about expanding their territory. The bandits would probably have to kill you to get the attention of Restov, and even then, they would just send someone to take your place. You seem like good people that are being taken advantage of, first by the swordlords, and now by these filthy bandits. I will help you thwart these fiends, I just need a little information on them to start devising a strategy. What time of day do they normaly come? How many are there? How well armed are they? What is their normal procedure? Is there anything specific that they seek?"

Tarak drinks his mead while he listens to Oleg and Svetlana answer his questions.

"Hmmm. I see. I will think about the best course of action and let you know what I think we should do. Thank you for your hospitality. Oh and one other thing, do you know how many explorers are due to show up?"

With that, Tarak finishes his mead and retires to his quarters for the night.



Post Date: 10th Oct, 2013 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton looks at the man and produces the charter he was given. "Send your man to go talk to Mallius Vand he told me that all debt would be paid. I can sit here with you and wait. As you can see by this charter I am not one to speak falsely."

Theaton then walks over to a table and has a seat.

10th Oct, 2013 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 25 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas smiles and shakes her head in amusement, I think I will continue to look for some one who might provide me with a better price but thank you for your appraisal. Shivas winks at the men in an attempt to assuage their pride.

Shivas decides to seek out the merchant local to Rogarstan, Brodar a man friendly with Oleg for a second opinion of the sword.

"Well met how are you this fine day? I was hoping that you might give me an honest appraisal of this sword being as Oleg seems a mighty fine honest man, your friendship with him leads me to trust your opinion much more."

Attached Image Edited: Canabusis on 10th Oct, 2013 - 4:47pm



Post Date: 11th Oct, 2013 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Aliora begins to sweat as she takes a more comfortable stance, using a meditative breathing technique to help her focus in on her target "I'll shoot for the 18" She thought to herself since her shots had a slight curve to them in the previous rounds.

"Ha!, I think I got this game figured out." She said as she nimbly rolled the cylindrical object between her thumb and index finger before letting the projectile take flight; simultaneously trying to shut out all background noise around her.

[at +5: 9=14, 7=12, 19=24]

11th Oct, 2013 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

Trake

Svetlana explains, "The bandits have come three times, always within the first hour after sunrise. The first time, they brought a rabble of 10 men and the woman I mentioned leading alongside a cloaked man, who looked more crude and foolish, and he was armed with a bow. Most of the bandits carried a short sword and longbow and were dressed in leather armour.

"The second time, the woman didn't come, and only 6 bandits accompanied their leader. The third visit there were only 4 with him, but were all mounted. We've started preparing our - taxes - as they call it, so usually we open the gate when they call for us and they quickly take our goods. They always seem eager to return to their camp. I think it may be a day's ride away from here. They don't take anything specific, just our gold and the hides and furs trappers sell to us."

She nods at Tarak's thanks and adds, "I'm afraid we have no information from the Swordlords or their offices. We only met one before you."

Tarak sleeps and is well rested. On Toilday the 29th of Calistril breakfast is simple, toast with honey. Oleg asks about Tarak's plans for the day and suggests repaying for the rooms with a bit of woodwork, maintaining the buildings.

KNtoran

Hubert heads off with the bill in hand and the innkeeper is satisfied that Theaton will wait, so he goes back to work behind the counter. He waits for a full half hour.

Hubert returns, but Mallius is also with him. Mallius sits next to Theaton, ordering two drinks over with a wave of his hand.

He chuckles as he starts, "I didn't expect you to be staying at this place. Normally the funds at my disposal would be enough, but this! This is 20 whole gold in a day! It would take even me three days to save that much!

"Also, I'm pleasantly surprised at your haste to go, but if you want to reach Oleg's on the right day, you'd best leave with my representative. He will be outside the offices in the morning in 3 days from now if you wish to join up. You'll also get to meet the other explorer I signed up yesterday and any others that come along.

"I'm not here to punish you, just to have you curb your expenses. The best meals? Two women in a day? I can't have this continue. You can pick up any girl from outside. Tell them you're staying here and they practically fall for you. Just don't tell my wife I said that.

"Feel free to explore the city or find odd jobs for the three days. Or you can go on foot now, but safety is in numbers." He shakes your hand and makes to leave, then leans close and whispers "So, how is Lux behind closed doors? Is she worth it? I've heard the best tales from others."

Canabusis

Brodar laughs and says, "You know Oleg? Well then I'll have you know that our friendship is built on annoying each other. I overcharge him and vice versa. It's just a spot of fun, but it's getting ridiculous. 50 gold for a fox hide? Hah!

"This is a nice blade," He inspects the hilt carvings. "The smith taught me a thing or two and I can tell that it is well weighted and expertly folded. The most I could offer is 155." (Just post whether our not you are selling it at the start of your post).

Her errands done, Shivas strikes off to Oleg's at a fast gallop over the grassy hillocks, fresh plant smells filling the air. She slows as she sees the fort, reaching the structure at about an hour after midday. As usual, the south gate is closed and barred, and the noise of hammering fills the air.

Euphoria

Aliora's throws hit the inner 17, the outer 10 and then exactly where she aimed, the 18. He score was totaled to 182. Now she needed an odd number followed by a double.

Jason staggers over for another set of tosses. [at +3 5, 10, 13] His first goes far to the right, a miss. The next two hit a 17 and 14. His total reaches 167.

Aliora, takes the opportunity. She needs to make her score odd, so she aims for a 1, and the dart lands right where she aimed (16+5= 21). Perfect! Now a 9 doubled... She throws with a calm concentration and...(15+5= 20) The dart appears proudly in the little green rectangle!

Half the group cheer their congratulations and start drinking and offering more mead as a reward. The others begin to heckle Jason or laugh at the situation. Jason mumbles "Congrats" And stumbles off outside. He doesn't return, and the others say he probably went home.

Aliora continues to drink more of the sweet yet bitter mead, not realising she was falling into a deeper and deeper stupor. Everything begins to blur... She wakes up on the floor of the inn, near the fireplace. It has gone out, but dazzling light pours in through the window. Footsteps ring heavily in her head as people move around behind her.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2013 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 25

Theaton looks at Mallius with a half smile, " Lux is ok but she feels the need to supplement her desires I am not sure she is worth that amount of coin, Rosa is much more fun in bed. As far as the bill if you take care of what I owe for now, meals and the room for the next two nights I will take care of any other expenses. I will then be outside you offices on the morning of the third day. Tell me more about the adventurer who signed up maybe I can get together with him and we can go over some of the items we both have to help compliment each other in making it a more successful journey."

11th Oct, 2013 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 25

Shivas not knowing whether she is being swindled or not decides it doesn't much matter for she desperately needs the coin, she sells it to Brodar. Having replenished her coin purse she feels accomplished and heads for Oleg's.

"Hail, Oleg, Svetlana, I have returned!" Shivas yells when she arrives at the gates. Dismounting Brute she leads him to the gates when they are opened to her.

Out of Character:: I wanted to go on in further detail but figured I should leave it at that being I don't know where Tarak will be when I arrive.





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.