ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 35 of 105

Shivas moves between the stable and storehouse - Page 35 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Nov, 2013 - 9:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 105 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34116
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
22nd Nov, 2013 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 35

Game Master says...

The quiet morning air is only interrupted by the shuffling of armor, the footsteps of preparations and the din of a prayer. The fog lifts once the sun has risen, revealing the vast rolling plains and grasslands to the south, yet the far distant forest to the south remains shrouded.

Shivas' prayer ends quickly as Maerrun shouts "I have a sighting! Six riders about a quarter mile out!" He inspects closer for more details. "I can see leather armor, short swords and bows. No, wait. Two horses have no rider, make that four riders!"

There is ample time to take up positions before they arrive. Aliora moves behind the storehouse and Maerrun clambers down the ladder before smothering some campfire ashes into his clothes and hiding in the campfire, between the benches (Stealth 15 +6 =21). Oleg stands by the south ladder.

Out of Character: I need all to take up their positions, as according to the map on page 31. Grid references not necessary unless you want to be precise. I also need to know when exactly each character decides to attack.

Also, I can't believe I didn't notice until now, Shivas' spell list has been missing one spell. Shivas receives one spell, plus one for a high Wisdom(From chart linked in rules), plus one picked from Domains. Many apologies for not seeing something so obvious.



Sponsored Links:
22nd Nov, 2013 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Tarak hears the announcement that riders are approaching and takes up his position just inside the bunkhouse door. He nocks an arrow on his bow and waits for the bandits to get into position.



22nd Nov, 2013 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Shivas waits calmly in the middle trying to wait until the bandits are closer so that she can cast her blessing on everyone before she takes to hiding, saying a quick prayer to Sarenrae. Knowing her blessing won't last long she tries to time it just right. She listens for the aproach of armor and the sound of the horses. When the bandits seem near enough that the time limit of her spell will last into the first rounds of battle but not so near that they will hear her move into hiding above the sound of their own armor and horses. Shivas casts bless hoping and praying she was within close enough proxsimity of everyone, she moves to her hiding place behind the North Western corner of the stables.

Out of Character:: Don't know exactly what all rolls you'll need so I'll give you all that I think you might need. I think that from where everyone said they where hiding Shivas 50ft radius should cover them all from standing center of the courtyard. Also It says that bless last for 1 minute, thus why she tries to wait. Don't know if it will last long enough?

Added Cure Light Wounds from Domain.

Perception roll: 14+5=19
Move silently: 10 (Unmodified, didn't know how many modifiers there might be?)

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Attached Image Edited: Canabusis on 22nd Nov, 2013 - 5:14pm



Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2013 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Page 35 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton will take up position in the southeastern tower. He will ready his bow and notch an arrow He will not draw and shoot until they are inside and have no clear path back out.

Out of Character: Attacks modified: 19, 17, 9, 16

Damage: 7, 4, 8, 5

23rd Nov, 2013 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

The beating of hooves against dirt stops outside the gate and a crude voice shouts loudly "Open up or we'll start tossing some fire in to speed your asses up!" Oleg begins to make the slow climb up to the control mechanism, allowing the gate to open. He goes down and pushes only one heavy wooden door open. The bandits trot in and dismount before the pile of crates in the center of the fort. Their apparel matches Maerrun's description, but the leader is easily identified by his cloak and a silver amulet.

The leader has a sweeping look around with his hawk eyes. Had Maerrun not lied down and Theaton not been blocked by a building, the job would have been up. Once satisfied, he says, "Alright you lazy sods, get checking the loot! I don't want any unnecessary baggage."

It is at that time that Oleg decides to slam the gate closed and run for cover.

From his position, Theaton has a clear shot at one, but the guest building provides hard cover to two others. He pops up from crouching and fires at the clear target, hitting square in an arm. The bandit is so surprised and dumbstruck, he doesn't even shout in pain, just stares at the arrow lodged in his arm.

Maerrun stands up from prone, soot clouding around him displaying a shadowy visage. Aliora begins to walk around the west of the storehouse, getting within reach of the bandit Theaton shot.

Out of Character:: I took your 19 as initiative of 20 instead KNtoran, hope you don't mind. So far that has been a surprise action from KNtoran. In the surprise round, a single action can be taken. Everyone else can roll initiative and take a surprise action.

I'll also take the first round actions (Standard, move & minor) from everyone - KNtoran, I'm not using the other 2 rolls, please re-roll. (A bit slower than usual, I'll be doing it in sets of 2 rounds from the next post.)



23rd Nov, 2013 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

When Tarak sees Theatons arrow strike the bandit, he steps through the doorway of the bunkhouse and lets loose the nocked arrow, followed quickly by another one.

Out of Character:: Initiative: 12+1=13

Surprise action: attack:d20=18+2=20
Damage: 1d6=5

2nd action: attack: d20=9+2=11
Damage: 1d6=1



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2013 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 35

Shivas hears the gate slam shut and quickly come out of hiding seeing that the fight has already begun. Shivas draws her bow and takes careful aim. Letting loose a bolt at the closest of the bandits she prepares another. Knowing they have no where to run Shivas yells to the bandits. "Surrender and you might live, Refuse and you will die!"

Out of Character:: Int. 13+2= 15
Attack: 6 -1=5 +1(Bless) 6
Damage 6-1=5 +1 (Bless) 6 (Probably didn't hit!)



26th Nov, 2013 - 9:56am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 35

Game Master says...

Shivas moves between the stable and storehouse to stand behind Aliora while Tarak's arrow sails between other bandits striking the injured one in the thigh. The northwest bandit still stands shocked from the first arrow and collapses without a shout.

Theaton's second arrow falls short of a bandit he has a blocked sight to, and the arrow twangs harmlessly off the guest building roof and he walks north to a better position, where he can see all the targets. Mearrun vaults the table and stabs at the northeast bandit, yet misses due to bad footing. Shivas targets another bandit 30 feet away, her shot blocked by Aliora. She aims to miss her ally but her shot is far too wide and misses completely.

The bandits strike out at their closest targets, except the leader who stands agape. Northeast and southeast converge on Maerrun, fighting next to the table. Yet he expertly dodges and weaves between their blades. Southwest charges at Aliora, forsaking his own defense, yet she also ducks beneath the blow.

Tarak's next shot misses, despite the divine spark he can feel. He just can't find the opening in the melee between the bandits and Maerrun. Aliora reacts to the charging bandit and throws out two quick punches at an opening. Both connect and the bandit suffers 5 nonlethal damage.

Finally, the leader regains his senses, shouting his reply. "I knew something was up with those spiked walls! We won't surrender! Avenge Dom! Take what you can!" He turns to Theaton and shouts, "Die you filthy half elf!" He fires an arrow from his strong longbow and hits Theaton grazing the left cheek and ear deeply and dealing 7 damage. "Almost cut the tip off your deformed ear!" He shouts boastfully.

As the noise of melee starts, the bandit's horses begin to run amok kicking up dirt and dispersing around to the walls of the fort.

Out of Character: I'll take two more turns. At this point everyone can see everyone else, except Shivas has a -2 because Aliora is in combat blocking her view and moving will provoke an attack from the bandit. Please don't forget the -4 for firing into melee and the +1 from bless. I like to have all the numbers laid out when declaring a roll but descriptions aren't required, eg.
Attack: 13 +2 +1 -4





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.