ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 46 of 105

Out of Character: I like the ideas I'm, - Page 46 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jan, 2014 - 8:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 105 pgs.  42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 33994
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
5th Jan, 2014 - 5:33am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 46

Game Master says...

Tarak and Shivas follow the path further. More creeks and rivulets start to cross it as they spread into the surrounding forest and more thorny bushes grow here, the path swerving to avoid them. As the ground gets lower and soggier, the tracks seem to spread out, opposite to Shivas' wish.

Meanwhile,

Theaton approaches cautiously though the bushes and notices the path turn a quarter circle northwards, heading Northeast. Following further he first sees a creek cross the pathway. First object on the west side is an old broken wagon, and north and above it he sees a man in leather armor on a leafy, wooden platform sitting and looking out. Theaton slides into a leafy bush and observes.

East of the platform is the path and the creek crossing it. Further east are two large logs. There are few trees around, but they are leafy and large oaks and a few oak saplings. East, past the tree cover is a clearing though which a wisp of smoke rises and a few muffled voices talk and laugh. Another treetop platform, this one covered in leafy camouflage and too far to see anyone on it, watches over the camp and a 3 indistinct figures sit on logs in the clearing.

Theaton sneaks back until he's satisfied that he's far enough away and continues past the converging path, through the soggy area and it's thorny bushes. Four minutes later he notices Tarak and Shivas having a look around the wetland area without the horses.



Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2014 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"What did you find?" Shivas asks Theaton. After hearing Theaton's account of what he found she relays her thoughts on the matter. "I think Tarak has pointed out the best spot for an ambush as I can't say that I've seen any place better. We should go and prepare for the ambush and make a final plan."

Shivas makes her way back to the initial area Tarak indicated for the ambush. "I'm going to try to find the best possible potion from this tree. Tarak can take his place and then Theaton you must remember to lead them right into the clearing so we may have a clear shot. Where will you take a stand once you reach us?"



7th Jan, 2014 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Tarak walks over to the largest bush in the semi-circle,

"I will crouch here with my bow and wait for them. If things go bad I can drop my bow and attack with my axe. We could also set up a barricade on the road to keep them from running through the ambush, maybe drag a tree across the road. That would force them to stop at least and we could get a better shot."



Post Date: 8th Jan, 2014 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Page 46 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton tell the others, "To get them here I can get close and shoot the first guy on the platform and get them to chase me. Once I get past the ambush area I can stop and take what cover I can and shoot them with arrows. How does that sound to everyone?"

9th Jan, 2014 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"That would work, but it might draw out the whole group. I was thinking about you acting as a lone traveler that bumped into there camp. Get there attention in a non-threatening manner, make sure they see you as an easy target, and then run. If you seem non-threatening, they will most likely only send out three or four bandits to capture you. You lead them here, and, POW! We let em have it. We should easily be able to take care of four of them, and then when the other four come looking, we get them too."



10th Jan, 2014 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Shivas helps Tarak move a downed tree into the way just inside the top of the clearing to slow the bandits down as they come into shooting range. "We should dig some holes and put stakes in them, only deep enough to injure them if they should accidentally step in them while trying to clear the fallen tree." Shivas uses a stick to make some fourteen inch diameter holes next to the fallen tree on both sides. Some she adds a stake into the whole and some she leaves empty so as not to take too much time. Covering the holes with leaves and twigs, she tries to make sure they're not noticeable.
"That should slow them down when they come into range. Who is going to get their attention?"

Out of Character:: Craft roll? 18 unmodified. (Not sure if it should be a craft roll.)



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2014 - 8:40am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 46

Game Master says...

Out of Character: I like the ideas I'm, reading so far. I'll clarify a few things.

From the river bend site, there are 900 feet of trail before the muddy area. The muddy area is 1400 feet wide and running is difficult with mud sucking at your feet- survival or acrobatics checks can help with speed. The final path is 200 feet. Make sure the runner knows how many rounds he can go for, specified in the Movement section of the Additional Rules chapter.

The pits will count as caltrops, but how far from the log would you liked them? And I'll take a stealth or survival check to hide them



10th Jan, 2014 - 8:40am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 46

Game Master says...

Out of Character: I like the ideas I'm, reading so far. I'll clarify a few things.

From the river bend site, there are 900 feet of trail before the muddy area. The muddy area is 1400 feet wide and running is difficult with mud sucking at your feet- survival or acrobatics checks can help with speed. The final path is 200 feet. Make sure the runner knows how many rounds he can go for, specified in the Movement section of the Additional Rules chapter.

The pits will count as caltrops, but how far from the log would you liked them? And I'll take a stealth or survival check to hide them





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.