ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 47 of 105

Theaton will rest a little at the log then - Page 47 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jan, 2014 - 12:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

29th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 105 pgs.  43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34203
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
10th Jan, 2014 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 47

Shivas diggs the holes within a foot of each side of the fallen tree. Making them sporadic, covering them the best she can. "Theaton if you are going to attract their attention remember the mud will slow you down when you get close so be careful to give yourself a great head start."

Out of Character:: Survival check: take 10 +3= 13



Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2014 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Tarak helps Shivas pull the log across the trail, he then goes to prepare his ambush spot. He gathers branches and leaves from neighboring bushes and sticks them in his armor for camoflauge. Then he places leaves over the bush he will hide behind to block more visibility. Then he takes six arrows and sticks them in the ground behind the bush for easy access. After preparing his spot, Tarak meets with Shivas and Theaton and lets them know that he is ready and asks them if there is any more he can do.

Out of Character:: Camoflauge - Stealth Check?= 15+1=16

Attached Image Edited: Trake on 10th Jan, 2014 - 9:14pm



Post Date: 11th Jan, 2014 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton makes sure he knows where the traps are so that he will not step in them when coming back through. Then he will tell the others he will see if he can get one or more to chase him. Theaton will find a path that will allow him to stay ahead of the others. Once everything is set he will walk down the path acting like a traveler towards the camp. To see what reaction he gets from them. He will not approach too close to see if they come out to meet him. If they do he will turn around as if scared and run back to the ambush site.

11th Jan, 2014 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 47 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton returns to the camp he saw, stopping 50 feet from the broken cart. As his eyes lock with the eyes of the man on the platform, he gets up immediately and throws a stone towards Theaton. It strikes and emits a very loud explosion of sound, like a bolt of thunder.

Can I have a Fortitude and Initiative roll?



14th Jan, 2014 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

(Fortitude: 17 +3 =20, Initiative: 8 +3 =11)

Theaton is shocked but braces in time for the critical moment. As the ringing in his ear recedes, he hears a female voice "...jump him! Let's take his stuff! Move it!" Followed by rustling through the trees.

The bandit on the platform shouts, "hold it right there and you'll live!" But the words fall on ignorant ears as Theaton turns and runs down the path. An arrow sticks into a nearby tree but he continues his sprint.

In the distance behind him he hears shouted orders, "Faster! After him! Yan, Jason, get down and follow our shouts. Shoot arrows when we get close!" Looking back, the bandits are keeping pace at more than 200 feet behind him as he hits the muddy area and has to slow down.

The bandits hot on his heels, he hears the order, "Yan! Stand and fire on him! Then stay behind!" An arrow streaks wide followed by another hitting a tree and a third. Theaton keeps adding distance to the archer but the fourth shot is extremely lucky, hitting him in the back for 4 damage.

More arrows are fired successively over half a minute until the archer gives up, the distance too far to be effective. The bandits continue to keep the same distance to him, sloshing through the mud and shouting curse words.

The skirmish is laughably slow through the mud, men getting stuck occasionally and boots threatening to be sucked off by the ground. A whole three minutes of draining escape later, Theaton hits the path again, running full pelt. Three bandits run 240 feet behind him and one runs 120 feet behind them. Theaton reaches the fallen tree, marking the ambush location.

Shivas and Tarak had been hiding in anticipation for a while, the sound of nature serene and calming. Yet their thoughts were interrupted by the sound of boots running on the earth and got their adrenaline rushing and blood coursing again. Theaton runs into view, stopping and leaning on the fallen log, breathing heavily but not too tired to fight.

Out of Character: Theaton had 4 damage from 1 arrow only.

I need Initiatives from everyone, unless you want to keep yours KNtoran. Also Shivas was up in the oak tree? How high? Was she trying to hide?

Currently Theaton is in front of the log, not behind it. The bandits will take 2 rounds to arrive, and one more the round after. Each one covers 120 feet running as a full round action. You choose when you want to act, rolling for 2 rounds of actions. Hope that doesn't confuse you. (I.e. What I mean is an archer can fire at them before they arrive at the log if you choose to).



14th Jan, 2014 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Shivas on her perch thirty feet up in the oak tree. She had tried to find the best spot that could provide some cover so she would not be easily seen, but a place that would not impede on any of her shots that she would be firing at the bandits. She see's Theaton at the fallen tree and prepares an arrow. She casts Bless on herself and Tarak and Theaton if he is within range of her spell. She waits until the bandits in pursuit are within range of her shot unless she see's that Theaton is in danger of being overwhelmed before they are within range. When the first bandit is within range she takes aim and lets loose.

Out of Character:: Init: 13+2=15

The range of the longbow is only 100 ft. I don't want to give up my position by firing too early unless Theaton remains at the fallen tree too long and the bandits begin to catch up to him, putting him in danger of being overwhelmed. Then she will fire a few shots to slow down the bandits progress toward Theaton. Hopefully Theaton will come within Shivas's range of healing and be out of the way of oncoming arrows intended for the bandits before she feels compelled to give away her position.
(Not sure that I can do 2 attack rolls plus my spell? Gave two rolls just in case. It will be my luck that I don't get to use that second roll! Unless they both don't count because they are out of range?)

Bless: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Attack roll: 16 (-1+1) Nat 20 (-1+1)
Damage roll: 1 (-1+1), 8 (-1+1)

IN CHARACTER:

(Actions after the first two initial rounds while the bandits are coming into range. Just in case the previous actions don't count.)

Shivas continues her onslaught of arrows, taking careful aim as she does not want to miss the opportunity to overwhelm them before they get too close. If two of them manage to come within 25ft. She will cast Murderous Command on one of them, and if successful she will make her way down out of the tree in the confusion her spell creates. If her spell is unsuccessful she will remain in the tree firing down on the bandits until a better opportunity presents itself.

Out of Character:: Attack rolls: 11, 3, 18 (Unmodified, unsure how long her spell 'bless' will last.)
Damage rolls: 5, 8, 7 (Unmodified)

I hope I didn't give too many actions, I just wanted to be sure to cover all the possible outcomes. If the bandits are not within range she doesn't want to fire until she has to, either to protect Theaton, or to be able to actually hit the bandits. I hope I didn't confuse you with it all? Not sure how long or how many actions will fit within the time span of rounds as the bandits near and come into range?



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2014 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 47

Tarak sees Theaton approaching and readies an arrow. He would like to wait until the bandits are at the log to attack, but if Shivas fires before then, then he will stand up from his hiding place and unleash his onslaught of arrows when the bandits get within 60ft.

Out of Character:: Initiative: 10+1=11
Attack: 15, 22
Damage: 4, 4
Damage:



Post Date: 15th Jan, 2014 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 47

Theaton will rest a little at the log then make sure the bandits are still coming. He will act as if he was hurt bad and seen falling over the log. Once he is on the other side he will crawl over to the side that Shivas is on and crawls past her spot where he will hide behind a tree and get his bow ready to shoot at the bandits. Theaton will look for any bandits trying to flank where he fell.

Initiative roll: 15

Attack rolls with arrows: 15, 19, 11, 18, 14, 17

Damage rolls: 5, 6, 3, 7, 6, 5



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.