ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 48 of 105

Shivas replies to Tarak with a shake of her - Page 48 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jan, 2014 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 105 pgs.  44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 33963
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
15th Jan, 2014 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 48

Game Master says...

Shivas' blessing inspire all who hear it, and Theaton manages to scrape his way over the log pretending to be injured. He removes his shield and draws his bow. Two bandits come running 10 seconds behind him, stopping before the log, another two still running to catch up.

One mockingly sings, "Come out and we won't have to hurt you!"

The other looks at Trake and starts, "Who is..."

All the ambushers loose their arrows and land three hits, peppering the two bandits with arrows.

The woman running behind them holds a dagger and flings it at Theaton. "You did this! I can't believe I fell for this trap! Take this you halfie!" The dagger hits Theaton in the artery of his arm for 8 damage, making him Staggered. (Yes, a dagger can do that with high Strength and Favored Enemy...)

The fourth bandit catches up, panting and fatigued and only manages to draw his bow. The other two decide to go around the log on either side to finish Theaton off, "I'll cut him off from... Ouch! My bleeding foot! I'm out of here!" The shallow spike traps are more than effective at slowing them down and breaking the bandits' morale.

Theaton' head is spinning and he's in great pain. Satisfied that he won't be flanked, he ducks under the log to avoid strenuous activity. Shivas fires at the woman, (Attack to confirm critical: 16 +2 +1 =19, Damage(3d8-1): 8+5+7-1 =19) pierces the woman's upper torso, knocking her off her feet and into unconsciousness. Tarak fires at the undamaged bandit, hitting his arm and breaking his morale.

The bandit Tarak hit turns and runs back 120 feet, with a greatly heaving breath and slowing with every step. The two others shout, "No! Jason! Don't leave us!" As they limp just 30 feet with difficulty, their feet hurting from the trap.

Out of Character: Canabusis the post was well structured, not confusing, but a few things were invalid. You have to roll an attack to confirm a critical, and ranged attacks use Dexterity plus BAB for attack rolls. Bows have a times 3 critical multiplier, but Bless doesn't add to damage. Luckily the penalty is not multiplied. And when 1 -1 damage was dealt, the minimum damage is 1 non-lethal, never 0. Finally, Shivas decided to climb 30 feet up, so neither the spell nor the channel even reaches the ground beneath her. In 3D space the range is like a sphere.

Trake, when your attack was a 22, was that a natural 19 or 20(Critical)? Then you added the Bless bonus?



Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2014 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas flings her bow over her shoulder and takes the opportunity to climb down the tree as quickly as possible without loosing her footing. Hoping Tarak will cover her descent.

When she reaches the ground she looks about to see where all the bandits are at currently. She feels the need to get to Theaton to heal his ghastly wounds. She can't just run to him until she is sure she can get there without getting herself killed. She draws her bow once again. Taking aim to hit one of the bandits that where trying to go around the fallen tree. "Surrender, and repent of your ways or by Sarenrae I will put you to death. Drop your weapons." Shivas yells and if the bandits don't comply she looses her arrows upon the staggering bandits in hopes they would surrender or flee.

After her barrage of arrows she runs to Theaton and ducks behind the log next to him. Hoping that Tarak will cover her as she runs to help Theaton. Casting Cure Light wounds on Theaton praying it will heal him enough to return to the fight.

Out of Character:: Attack rolls: 10-1=9, 8-1=7, 18-1=17
Damage Rolls: 7, 1, 6
Cure Light wounds: 5
Climb Check: 18-1=17
Traded Murderous Command for Cure light wounds.

I wasn't sure that my Nat 20 was still considered one with the -1. I figured if it counted then you would roll for confirm and damage, which you did. Thank you by the way.

I imagine that with Shivas's actions of climbing down, shooting, and running to Theaton, that Tarak would have time to shoot about nine arrows in that time span if not more? It's hard for me to gauge the time span of differing actions.



Post Date: 16th Jan, 2014 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton is not moving anywhere as he is unconscious and bleeding out. He is at 0.

16th Jan, 2014 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Page 48 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Out of Character:: The attack for 22 was a natural 19, +1 for dexterity, +1 BAB, and +1 for the blessing= 22.

In Character:: Tarak sees Shivas start to climb down the tree, and fires two more arrows at the hobbled bandits.

Out of Character:: attack: 10+2=12, 18+2=20 (I didn't add the blessing to these)
Damage: 4, 5

In Character:: After Tarak fires the two arrows, he drops his bow and runs after the bandit that is trying to flee. He jumps over the unconcious woman in the trail, and draws his axe as he gets closer to the injured bandit. When he catches him, he swings his greataxe.

Out of Character:: attack: 4+4=8, 17+4=21
Damage: 1+4=5, 5+4=9



16th Jan, 2014 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Shivas climbs down, taking her time. Ten feet down in one round, and another ten feet followed by dropping the last 10 feet the next round. Tarak shoots the closer one, hitting him in the shoulder and knocking him down. At Shivas' request the last bandit drops down and tosses his weapon away, also removing the bow from his back. Theaton moans in pain, disabled at 0 HP, but not bleeding or unconscious. No immediate threats remain in the area.

Tarak doesn't shoot the surrendered bandit and begins to chase the running bandit. He sees his target through the light growth as the road curves about 150 feet ahead of him and keeps pace for half a minute. During this time, Shivas moves to heal Theaton for 5 damage as his wounds magically begin to close and he is reinvigorated with energy. She also sees small pools of blood forming from the wounds of the woman bandit and the other dying one.

Tarak notices the bandit slowing to walking pace, and charges when he has the chance. His axe hits the bandit in the back but doesn't penetrate armour. The bandit falls, shouting, "Aargh! No! Mercy! Please!". Tarak stand over him and his second blow wounds and winds the bandit, unable to continue but barely conscious, sweat dripping from his brow and forming patches on the clothes under the leather armour.

Out of Character: Combat over! 358 XP each! I wasn't sure how cruel Tarak is. If any of you don't like how I describe your characters, please speak up at anytime.



16th Jan, 2014 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Shivas looks to the bandit who surrendered. "Come here." Shivas searches the bandit for any hidden weapons. "Why would you degrade yourself by aligning yourself with such treacherous men?" Shivas shakes her head in disappointment. "Theaton do you have any rope? We need to tie these men up before I heal them." "Tarak, are you ok?" Shivas yells. "Let's get these men tied up, anyone have any rope?"

If rope can be found by either searching the bandits or on one of the party members Shivas will tie up all the men and the woman and then heal them by channeling her energy after they are gathered into a goup. If rope can not be found then Shivas will take her winter blanket and cut it into strips big enough to tie their hands.

"Theaton can you get the horses? We need to go and search their camp and gather any who remain there."

Shivas searches the men and woman looking specifically for Svetlana's ring. Putting all their weapons and gear to the side in a neat pile.

Out of Character:: Channel energy: 3



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jan, 2014 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 48

Out of Character:: Tarak would never kill someone who is openly surrendering or begging for mercy. But he hates bandits and wouldn't think twice about roughing one up a bit even though he is surrendering. The way you described his actions are accurate.

In Character:: Tarak stood over the bandit as he begs for mercy. He obliges the bandit's request and sheaths his axe on his back. He then searches the bandit and confiscates his weapons. He then hears Shivas yell for him and answers her.

"I'm alright! I got him!"

He then grabs the bandit by the ankle and drags him back down the trail to the others. When he gets there, he drops the bandit and says,

"I have some rope on my horse, about 50ft. Let's tie these scum up and decide our next move."

Theaton returns with the horses and Tarak retrieves his rope and ties up the four bandits. He then helps Shivas search them more thoroughly. As they are searching, Tarak points to the unconcious woman.

"Do you think she is the leader, Kressle? If so, then the others should fall easily. All in all, I think the plan worked well, we effectively cut their numbers in half. I bet someone will come looking for them soon. We should take them and the horses back off of the trail and set up the ambush again. Sound good?"



17th Jan, 2014 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 48

Shivas replies to Tarak with a shake of her head. "No I think we should just head towards their camp. All of them will probably not head this way, they will probably leave someone behind to watch over their camp. I would rather just get it over with. What do you think Theaton?"





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.