ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 52 of 105

Tarak looked up from his work on the cart - Page 52 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Feb, 2014 - 3:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

29th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34182
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
3rd Feb, 2014 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 52

After securing the bandit Shivas finds a piece of cloth to gag the woman. "You have no more say." She says to the woman.

She goes back to the symbol of the lightning marked stones to inspect them further.

Shivas then continues her search for Svetlana's ring. She also looks to see if there are any means by which she can fix the broken cart so the group can haul back all that was found, along with all the bandits.

Shivas climbs up one of the platforms in her search. "Can one of you search the other platform?"

Out of Character:: Climb check 18-1=17
Perception check: 3+5=8, 10+5=15, 12+5=17, 11+5=16, 14+5=19, 15+5=20, 19+5=24 (Didn't know how many rolls I would need for all the different areas.)
Knowledge arcana check?: 14+4=18



Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2014 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Tarak's attention is drawn to the three crates and the polished wooden case. He decides to check the crates first to see what is in them, and then see what is moving around inside the polished case.

Out of Character:: Perception for three crates: take 20
Perception for polished case: take 20

In Character:: After searching the crates and the polished case, Tarak attempts to climb up to the other platform to search it.

Out of Character:: Climb check: 18+2=20



5th Feb, 2014 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

The gag was already in place, but loose, and Shivas tightens it. The bandit squeals in pain and shouts muffled expletives. Shivas thinks it may be an Alchemical Item, judging by the layered structure visible inside the crack. It would take a craftsman of such items to identify it. The cart only needs a new wheel and a filler of some kind for the split wheel, but it will be harder to craft without access to tools and materials.

Tarak decides the boxes are safe and opens the 3 crates to find stacks of pelts, furs and hides. The case contains 8 corked bottles filled with a dark green liquid. Opening one, it smells of alcohol and herbs.

The platforms are small 10 foot square areas rigged up with ill-fitting branches and cord, but sturdy enough to crawl on. Shivas finds nothing but bushes, branches and a small net with leaves inserted. A rope ladder is coiled up at a corner.

Tarak finds the same, but inside a gap he finds a grey stone. Inspecting it, it has an engraved lightning bolt.

Out of Character: I think Craft (Alchemy) is the normal way of dealing with identifying non-magical items. If I had it my way, I would separate divine and arcane spell-casting too. No sign of a ring, and the small box remains unchecked and earrings not appraised?

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 5th Feb, 2014 - 4:29pm



5th Feb, 2014 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 52 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas attempts to fix the cart under the circumstances without proper tools. She hopes that she can fix it so they can bring back all that they find and more thoroughly inspect the items then.

After she attempts to fix the cart Shivas makes a more careful search for Svetlana's ring. Looking Through the grass and dirt and anything else she comes across.

If she hasn't found the ring in her search of the camp again, she will more thoroughly search the small box and the other containers they have found so far. She does not want to return without Svetlana's ring. Shivas would love to see Svetlana's reaction if she could only return that most prized possession to her.

When coming across the earrings in her search for the ring she inspects it more closely.

Out of Character:: Shivas takes 20 to search the camp however many times is necessary to be sure that she has looked everywhere for the ring.

Craft roll: 19+4=23

Appraisal check: 9



5th Feb, 2014 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Tarak climbs down and shows Shivas the stone he had found.
"I found this up on the platform. It looks a lot like the one you found. There is no way we are going to be able to carry anything back without this cart. Come, I will help you try and fix it."

He will help Shivas in her attempt to fix the cart.

Out of Character:: Aid Another: Natural 20+0=20



6th Feb, 2014 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

Using inappropriate tools is time consuming, but manageable. Tarak goes over to one of the nearby tree stumps and starts to lop away with one of the bandit's masterwork hand axes, trying to cut a circular piece. But that accurate work takes the entire remaining day and still results in a crude shape.

Shivas uses her dagger and 2 fishhooks as improvised tools, but has to flatten them with a stone to be razor sharp. She uses them to clean out the split in the wheel, and fills it with the best bonding agent at hand; mud high in clay content. Waiting for Tarak's wheel, she corrects all the large nicks and scratches, and replaces the most weathered pieces of cart, recycling the rusty nails.

Getting tired, she looks around every square inch of the camp, yet finds no trace of the ring. No hidden compartments, no recently dug earth.

The access panel on the small box opens to reveal a mechanism of a tiny steel keyboard, to produce music when struck, brushing up against a removable brass cylinder with embossed pins, a music record. Yet there is no ring inside.

Shivas estimates the silver earrings at 12 gold pieces in their current state, but isn't sure.

As it begins to get late, the trees lowering the level of light to dim, it's time to set up camp. About 10 minutes into it, Theaton's voice booms out "Halt! Who goes there?" He is to the southwest 250 feet, watching over the bandits.

You then hear whizzing of arrows and a thunk as Theaton is hit for 3 damage and shouts in pain. He yells, "More bandits! Two of them!"

Out of Character: Shivas estimates the cart's damage at 11 gold worth, 3.5 of which has been repaired. The 2 fishhooks are wasted and the dagger now has the broken condition.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2014 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 52

Shivas rushes over to Theaton's position to aid him in the fight. Drawing her weapon as she runs. "Surrender or die." Shivas yells hoping it will stop an unnecessary fight. If the new arrivals surrender she will tie them with the rest if not she will attack.

Out of Character:: Initiative: 17+2=19
Attack: 7-1=6, 17-1=16, 13-1=12, 18-1=17
Damage: 6-1=7, 5-1=4, 3-1=2, 8-1=7
Perception if needed: 11+5= 16

Attached Image Edited: Canabusis on 7th Feb, 2014 - 4:46am



7th Feb, 2014 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 52

Tarak looked up from his work on the cart when he heard Theaton yell. He picked up his greataxe that he had set down beside the cart and ran into the forest. He ran through the trees towards the bandits, and when he reached them, swung his axe with a blind fury.

Out of Character:: Initiative: 19+1=20
Power Attack: 18+3-1=20, 9+3-1=11, 10+3-1=12, 14+3-1=16
Damage: 11+2+3=16, 9+2+3=14, 12+2+3=17, 7+2+3=12





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.